Latest News from China - February 2, 2005
- Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Mingming Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
- Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Guoxiang Held at Changbai County Detention Center
- Jiayuguan City, Gansu Province] Ms. Ma Xueyan and Ms. Yang Wenying Sentenced to Forced Labor
- Tianjin] Ms. Li Jianchun from Beichen District Suffers Fractured Bones Due to Torture
- Beijing] Ms. Du Wenge from Daxing District Arrested; Her Whereabouts Unknown
- Mei County, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Wang Shuanlao, Xu Xijia, Yang Biqun and Another Practitioner Arrested
- Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Xiaohong Sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp
- Hubei Province] Information about Two Surviving Daughters of Mr. Hu Youliang, Who Died from Persecution
- Beijing] Ms. Nan Xiaoping from Haidian District Taken into Custody
- Guangdong Province] Ms. Lin Yanmei and Mr. Wang Zhongcheng Arrested
- Jining, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Linlin Arrested in Shanghai
- Wei County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Shuying Sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp
- Hebei Province] Farmers in Laishui County Extorted and Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong
- Laishui County, Hebei Province] Ms. Xu Xinying, Ms. Zhao Xiuling and Ms. Zhang Guirong Arrested
- Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhu Yuxiang and Another Practitioner Arrested
- Zhijiang, Hunan Province] The Persecution of Ms. Lei Jianli
1. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Mingming Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
In November 2004, Mr. Li Mingming, from Changchun City, was body-searched by officers at Tiananmen Square. The Beijing officers confiscated a copy of "Hongyin" and sent him back to the police division of Changchun Auto Works. Mr. Li has since been sentenced to one year of forced labor at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp.
In addition, three practitioners are being held at the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun. Their names are unknown.
2. [Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Guoxiang Held at Changbai County Detention Center
In early November 2004, Mr. Wang Guoxiang, from Baishan City, Jilin Province, was arrested by officers from the Changbai County Police Department while distributing Falun Dafa materials. Mr. Wang is being held at the Changbai County Detention Center.
3. [Jiayuguan City, Gansu Province] Ms. Ma Xueyan and Ms. Yang Wenying Sentenced to Forced Labor
Recently, Ms. Ma Xueyan and Ms. Yang Wenying, both from Jiayuguan City, Gansu Province, were arrested by the local state security police and members of the 610 Office for distributing truth-clarifying materials. After days of detention, each practitioner has been sentenced to one year of forced labor.
4. [Tianjin] Ms. Li Jianchun from Beichen District Suffers Fractured Bones Due to Torture
Ms. Li Jianchun is from Shazhuangzi Village in Shuangjie Township, Beichen District, Tianjin. She was videotaped by the security guards of her residential complex while distributing truth-clarifying materials one day in December 2004. The local police officers arrested her the same night and sent her to Caozhuangzi Detention Center. She was released three days later due to poor health.
The local police officers forcibly took her into custody at the Caozhuangzi Detention Center again a few days later. According to insiders, Ms. Li suffered fractures in her leg and was not able to take care of herself. Her family members tried to visit her several times. The detention center authorities refused to let them meet Ms. Li and demanded 500 yuan for living expenses. When Ms. Li's family members told the authorities that they had not brought that much cash, officers threw out the clothes the family had brought in for Ms. Li.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 22
Shuangjie Police Station in the Beichen District of Tianjin: 26970257
Political Security Section of the Beichen District Police Department: 26390303
Officers on duty at the Beichen District Police Department: 26390505
Beicang Police Station: 26390326
5. [Beijing] Ms. Du Wenge from Daxing District Arrested; Her Whereabouts Unknown
On January 18, 2005, Ms. Du Wenge from Division 1 at Langfa in the Daxing District of Beijing was arrested by the local police. Ms. Du's whereabouts are unknown.
6. [Mei County, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Wang Shuanlao, Xu Xijia, Yang Biqun and Another Practitioner Arrested
On December 6, 2004, a total of eight officers, including Liang Bolong and 610 Office member Zheng Yi, led by Xu Youping of the political security section of the Mei County Police Department in Shaanxi Province, climbed into Mr. Wang Shuanlao's yard at Group 1 of Nanzhai Village in Qi Town, Mei County. The officers kicked down the door to break into Mr. Wang's home and ransacked his house for four hours. They smashed a locked cabinet, took 260 yuan, and arrested Mr. Wang. The officers also arrested Xu Xiqian and Yang Biqun from Quxin Village in Mei County.
On January 1, 2005, another practitioner from Qi Town in Mei County was arrested for distributing truth-clarifying materials. All four practitioners under arrest are being held at the Mei County Detention Center.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Wang Zhizhou, chief of the Mei County Police Department: 86-917-5549138
Political Security Office of the Mei County Police Department: 86-917-5549134
Yang Junchuan, director of the Mei County 610 Office: 86-13891702806 (cellular)
Wu Huping of the Qi Town 610 Office in Mei County: 86-13991743251 (cellular)
7. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Xiaohong Sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp
Xiaohong, alias of a 30-year-old woman practitioner, is from the Zhangjiakou area, Hebei Province. At the end of December 2004, police arrested her at a company on Lishi Road in the Xicheng District of Beijing, where she was temporarily employed. They took her to the local police station. According to reliable sources, Xiaohong was recently transferred to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province. Prior to this, Xiaohong had been arrested several times by the local police station and had been forced to be homeless for an extended period.
8. [Hubei Province] Information about Two Surviving Daughters of Mr. Hu Youliang, Who Died from Persecution
Mr. Hu Youliang was in his forties. In November 2000, he was forced to leave his home. In December 2001, he was arrested in Shaoyang City, Hunan Province. He was cruelly tortured in prison and went on a hunger strike for over twenty days. Mr. Hu died on January 23, 2002.
Hu Chao, Mr. Hu's elder daughter, is studying at the Huanggang Professional School. Hu Qun, Mr. Hu's younger daughter, is studying at the Qingquan Town Middle School in Shishui County.
Ms. Yang Guifang, Mr. Hu's wife, operates a barbershop at Chengguan in Shishui County. She barely makes enough to support her two teenage daughters.
9. [Beijing] Ms. Nan Xiaoping from Haidian District Taken into Custody
Ms. Nan Xiaoping, in her fifties, lives at the Xinjie residential area at Banbidian, Haidian District, Beijing. At the end of October 2004, she was arrested while distributing truth-clarifying materials in the neighborhood of her residence. Ms. Nan is being held at the Qinghe Division of the Haidian Police Department.
10. [Guangdong Province] Ms. Lin Yanmei and Mr. Wang Zhongcheng Arrested
At about 9:00 a.m. on January 30, 2005, Ms. Lin Yanmei from Dianbai County, Guangdong Province was arrested at her home. This was the third time Ms. Lin was arrested within the past three months.
On the morning of January 28, 2005, Mr. Wang Zhongcheng from the Fangcun District of Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province was arrested. His home was ransacked, and his personal computer and other items were confiscated. Mr. Wang is being held at the Fangcun Detention Center.
11. [Jining, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Linlin Arrested in Shanghai
Ms. Li Linlin from Jining, Shandong Province, was arrested in the Changning District of Shanghai. She is being held at a police station in Changning District.
12. [Wei County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Shuying Sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zhao Shuying was held at the Xuanhua Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. On January 21, 2005, she was transferred to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp for escalated persecution. Details of the persecution against Ms. Zhao Shuying have been reported by the Minghui website at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/1/23/94065.html.
13. [Hebei Province] Farmers in Laishui County Extorted and Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong
On July 20, 1999, several Dafa practitioners from Laishui went to the Beijing Appeals Office to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. They were all arrested by Beijing police, transferred to Baoding City, and then to the Laishui Police Department. It was past 10:00 p.m. when they were taken back to the township. The next morning, when their family members came to the township government to take them home, Wan Shujun and other officials extorted 200 yuan from each family in exchange for the practitioner's release. On July 30, each family was extorted another 100 yuan for a so-called "training fee."
In 2000, one of the practitioners went to Beijing to appeal again. He was not able to locate the appeals office, as the sign had been removed. He was arrested on his way home, held in custody for twenty-five days and released only after paying a fine of 2,000 yuan.
On the afternoon of April 9, 2003, seven or eight people from the township government and the township police station arrived at this practitioner's home for an unlawful search. They ransacked the house but were not satisfied. At around 9:00 p.m. on April 11, officer Huo Honglei led half a dozen people on a second search. Several 110 emergency response police officers were also called in. They arrested the practitioner, and when the practitioner's son and daughter tried to reason with the officers, they were taken to the police station and beaten. The police ordered the practitioner to write a self-criticism and pay a fine of 200 yuan before they would release him. On the evening of April 13, 2003, the practitioner managed to escape and has since been homeless. Officers went to his home and demanded his family turn him in, and they extorted 2,000 yuan from the family. Over the past few years, the township government and police officials have extorted a total of 4,500 yuan from this family.
14. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Ms. Xu Xinying, Ms. Zhao Xiuling and Ms. Zhang Guirong Arrested
Ms. Xu Xinying, Ms. Zhao Xiuling, Ms. Zhang Guirong and possibly some other practitioners from Lihuangfu Village in Laishui County were arrested after being reported to the police. Members of the county's 610 Office and officers from the Yi'an Town Police Station ransacked the practitioners' homes. Ms. Xu's parents, in their eighties, have been left at home unattended.
15. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhu Yuxiang and Another Practitioner Arrested
Mr. Zhu Yuxiang, 34, lives at Niuxintun in Shenyang City. Around January 26, 2005, he was discovered and arrested by police officers while distributing truth-clarifying materials.
An elderly practitioner named Li was arrested by plainclothes policemen while clarifying the truth to the public near Qimalu on Zhonggong Street in Shenyang City.
16. [Zhijiang, Hunan Province] The Persecution of Ms. Lei Jianli
Ms. Lei Jianli, about 28, was a kindergarten teacher in Zhijiang County, Hunan Province. Members of the county's 610 Office and political and judiciary committee suspected that she had distributed truth-clarifying materials and sentenced her to forced labor. Ms. Lei is being held at the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City.
Some time ago, Ms. Lei refused to give up her belief. Officer Gong Chaolian (of Division 7 in the Education and Management Section) instructed half a dozen drug addicts to monitor her. She was forced to stand up all day except breaks for meals and going to the restroom. She was also deprived of sleep for fourteen consecutive days, from October 17 to October 31. The officers poured buckets of cold water onto her and slapped her in the face at will.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 733
Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City: 8634800, 8634894, 8634844
Peng Zuyou, Director of the Zhijiang County 610 Office: 86-13974544558 (cellular)
Li, Deputy Director of the Zhijiang County 610 Office: 86-13337259969 (cellular)