Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Eleven Dafa Practitioners Die After Harassment and Persecution in Hunan, Shandong, and Jilin Provinces

May 04, 2005 |  


Ms. Ji Mengrong, 62, lived at Wushan Tree Farms, Wangcheng County, in Hunan Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, and all the chronic ailments that she suffered for many years disappeared. She went to validate the Fa at Tiananmen Square in 2000 and was detained in Beijing for 15 days. After she returned home, the local police harassed her constantly and abducted her twice. They also took away her visa to visit her son in the United Sates. She suffered great anguish both mentally and physically, and as a result she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. The cancer later migrated to her lungs, and she died on June 9, 2004.

Ms. Tan Xishuang, 43, lived at Dashanhou Village, Jiejia Manor, Laishan District, Yantai City, in Shandong Province. From the beginning of the persecution (July 20, 1999) to early 2001, she went to Beijing several times to appeal against the wrongful persecution of Falun Gong. Deputies from the 610 Office and Township Government arrested her more than a dozen times. She was heavily fined, tortured, and finally came down with severe nephritis. She was sentenced to a labor camp in 2000 and was later released pending hospital treatment. On December 19, 2001 she went to the village communist party committee to pay fines and died that very night under unclear circumstances.

Ms. Wang Yuzeng, 58, lived at Wangchao Village, Linyi County in Shandong Province. She was reported to the police while posting Falun Gong truth clarification materials in 2000 and immediately arrested. The police forced her into a brainwashing center in April 2002. The authorities from the 610 Office did not stop harassing her after she was released, resulting in her death on January 24, 2005.

Ms. Yuan Wenshu, 58, was a retired high school teacher in the Yitong County in Jilin Province. She lived at the family dormitory of the Yitong County Experimental High School. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she went to the Provincial Capital and Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. She was detained, harassed and threatened numerous times by officials from the school, the police, and the public security bureau. She could no longer study and practice Falun Gong freely, and her family would even question her on calls received from her students. She lived under constant terror. In April 2002 the principal of the school called her and ordered her to report to the school. After learning that they intended to arrest her upon arriving at the school, she decided to escape. She left Yitong County. While away from her home, she detected a lump in her breast. On November 4, 2002, she was lured to the school and detained by the police for 15 days. Her health deteriorated afterwards, and she died on April 12, 2005.

Ms. Zhao Shurong, 73, lived in the Meihekou City in Jilin Province. Her ailments disappeared after she started practicing Falun Gong. She went to Beijing twice to tell people that Falun Dafa is good. Later, the police frequently harassed her at home after her daughter was persecuted because of her Falun Gong-related activities. She suffered severe mental and physical torment and died on February 22, 2001.

Ms. Li Huafeng, 57, lived in Tiechang Township, Tonghua City in Jilin Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Her health improved and former ailments (including breast cancer) disappeared. After July 20, 1999, her mental and physical health suffered severely under the persecution, and she died on December 27, 2001.

Ms. Jin Xifan, 65, was a retired worker living at Tianqiaoling, Wangqing County in Jilin Province. After she started practicing Falun Gong in March 1997, many of her illnesses improved. Due to interference from many sources after the persecution started in July 20, 1999, her illness recurred and she died in August 2000.

Mr. Chen Tingfa, 60, was from Houshantun, Zhenxing Brigade, Zhaoyang Village, Zhaozhou County, Daqing City in Heilongjiang Province. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong after the persecution started in 1999. He was abducted and detained in the local county detention center for more than one month, followed by forced attendance in a brainwashing class organized by the county government. Even though he and his wife were released, his son and daughter-in-law were both sentenced to forced labor camps, and they were constantly harassed by the guards. Their home was ransacked and they were forced to pay a fine. Under such overwhelming pressure his previous illness recurred, and he died on February 25, 2001.

Mr. Yang Yushan, 79, was also from Houshantun, Zhenxing Brigade, Zhaoyang Village, Zhaozhou County, Daqing City in Heilongjiang Province. His daughter, grandson, and daughter-in-law were all persecuted by local officials. Only he and his great granddaughter remained at home. Under constant harassment and intimidation from the local village and brigade officials, he died on September 9, 2004.

Ms. Tang Xiuqiong, 53, lived in Suoxinqiao Village, Xindu District in Sichuan Province. His cancer of the liver and other ailments were cured after practicing Falun Gong. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong after the persecution started. He was detained and later sent to a brainwashing class by local officials. Under the constant stress, threats, and intimidation, he passed away on November 9, 2004.

Mr. Yao Yonghan, 62, was from Huaiji County in Guangzhou Province. His lung cancer improved after practicing Falun Gong in 1998. He was arrested by the deputies from the Huaiji County 610 Office on April 19, 2000 and was forbidden to practice Falun Gong. His wife was also detained and sentenced to one year in prison. Placed under great duress, Mr. Yao's lung cancer recurred in August 2001. He died shortly thereafter.