Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Liu Yunxiang Suffers Two Miscarriages After Beatings by Local Authorities

May 26, 2005 |   By a Dafa practitioner in Weifang City, Shandong Province


Led by the former township Secretary of Politics and Law Hua Guangyong, the authorities at Junbukou Township of Weifang City in Shandong Province arrested Ms. Liu Yunxiang in the winter of 1999. She is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Yangjiazhuang Village, Junbukou Township. They imprisoned, beat, and tortured her until she had a miscarriage. In the summer of 2001, the local authorities, including Mayor Gao Zhongde, Deputy Mayor Dai Qingjun, and Director of the Township Justice Department Xia Bingtang, once again arrested Ms. Liu and beat her until she suffered a second miscarriage.

On December 15 and 16 of 1999 (lunar calendar), the township secretary of politics and law ordered the arrest, rounding up and torturing Falun Dafa practitioners who refused to give up their practice. It was freezing outside, but they still forced practitioners to shovel snow while wearing little clothing. Afterwards, they forced the practitioners to stand in the snow, and then beat and kicked them. After breaking a few sticks as part of the beating, they used belts to beat the practitioners. They even forced practitioners to hit each other, even forcing male practitioners to strike the hips of female practitioners.

During the imprisonment, the director of the local justice department Xia Bingtang forced practitioners to run three times a day. In each one-hour run, the practitioners were forced to curse the founder of Falun Dafa. Those who refused to curse or ran too slowly were beaten with wooden sticks. After the run, they forced the practitioners to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, actions that are against Falun Dafa principles. As a result of the beatings, 32-year-old Ms. Liu Yunxiang from Yangjiazhuang Village had a miscarriage. In addition, Ms. Liu Xizhen was beaten so severely that her skin was torn and her flesh exposed. For the next few days, her torn skin was stuck to her clothes. Three times Gao Minggang poured boiling water into a cup and scalded Ms. Liu Xizhen's hands. At night, they forced the practitioners to sit on the freezing concrete floor and deprived them of sleep. After they fined each practitioner 4,000-6,000 yuan, they released the practitioners on December 20.

On a summer night of 2001, right after the wheat harvest season, Gao Zhongde, Dai Qingjun, Xia Bingtang, Liu Zhongjie, Wang Lican, Zhang Lianhai, two women surnamed Hu and Ji, and thugs Sun Qingyu, Wang Jinzhong, Cao Xiqin, and Wu Jifang arrested a number of Dafa practitioners and took them to the municipal building for torture. They again kicked, beat, and shocked the practitioners with electric batons. They beat Ms. Liu Yunxiang, which caused another miscarriage. They also knocked Ms. Wang Rongxiang unconscious, and she was taken to the emergency room at the Junbukou Hospital. In addition, they repeatedly shocked Ms. Liu Xizhen with the electric batons until she fell unconscious. Then they poured cold water on her and continued to shock her until she was covered with injuries.

After twenty days of torture, all of the practitioners except Ms. Liu Rongxiang, who was severely injured, and Ms. Liu Yunxiang, who had a second miscarriage as a result of the torture, were sent to a detention center to be imprisoned for another month. Then the authorities sent them back to the township for further torture until they finally released the practitioners twenty days later. The practitioners who were persecuted during these two incidents include Ms. Wang Xiuhua, Ms. Sun Ruiying, Ms. Cao Xiaohong, Ms. Cao Xiaomei, Ms. Wu Xuehong, Ms. Liu Xizhen, Mr. Liu Xiangjun, Mr. Liu Xifu, and Mr. Liu Mingxiang.