Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

14 Practitioners in Several Regions of China Died from the Persecution

May 23, 2005 |  


Ms. Sun Guifang, who lived in the Chongwen District of Beijing, had provided a comfortable cultivation and practice place for Dafa practitioners. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she appealed for Falun Gong several times, was arrested and sent to a brainwashing class. To protest the persecution, she attempted suicide by cutting her wrist, but she survived with emergency care. Later she declared on the Minghui Website (the Chinese version of Clearwisdom) that her behavior had been wrong and did not conform to the requirements of Dafa. When officials constantly continued to harass and threaten her, however, her illness symptoms returned, and she died on May 3, 2005. The district police even monitored her family when her body was cremated.

Ms. Wang Shuyua, 74, lived in Beifangshen Village in Sanshilipu Town, the Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. After starting Falun Gong practice in July 1997, she was healthy and full of energy. For practicing Falun Gong outdoors on August 13, 2000, she was detained by persons from the Sanshilipu Police Station, put in a metal cage for three days and later sent to the Jinzhou Detention Center. Deciding she was too old to keep in detention, the police released her after forcing her to pay a fine of 200 yuan. Her three daughters, however, were arrested, detained and fined many times, causing her intense and prolonged stress. Ms. Wang passed away on August 6, 2004.

Ms. Shao Yuzhen was 75 years old and had lived in the Qinghe District of Tieling City, Liaoning Province. She could not go out in the winter because her illness. After practicing Falun Gong, all her symptoms were gone. She could go out in the winter to practice the exercises without a hat or a mask. After the persecution began in 1999, she went with other practitioners to appeal for Falun Gong at the provincial government. The fact that many practitioners were being arrested and facing daily harassment and intimidation caused her health to steadily deteriorate. Ms. Shao passed away on December 19, 2002.

Ms. Tang Chengyu was 66 and had lived in Dazhou City, Sichuan Province. Due to her poor health, she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and became disease-free for several years. In December 2000 she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was captured on the way by Dazhou City national security agents. They arrested her and searched her home. She was later locked up in the Tongchuan District Detention Center in Dazhou City, where she was physically and mentally tortured. The police tried to force her to reveal the identities of the leaders of the Beijing appeals and the Falun Gong activities. In the detention center she had chest pain and abdominal bloating and was not able to eat for almost two weeks. Even a little bit of rice soup would make her vomit without stopping. She lost consciousness several times and was near death, but the police continued torturing her for information. With the help and care of other practitioners she survived and was released at the end of March 2001 after paying a 2,000-yuan fine. She was carried out of the center and helped into a car by the other practitioners. At home she could not walk and had bowel trouble. She had chest pain, abdominal pain and bloating, vomiting, and no energy. She still could not walk unaided. She died in early 2004.

Ms. Pen Yuanlin was 55 years old and used to work at the Pingbaxinyi Factory in Guizhou Province. She got rid of all her illnesses after practicing Falun Gong. In December 1999, because her practitioner son went to appeal for Falun Gong, his home was searched. He was arrested and detained and sent to a brainwashing class for mental torture. From that time on Ms. Pen was constantly harassed by local officials and by the police. She passed away in March 2001. Her son, who had not fully recovered from his mother's death, was sentenced to three years of forced labor in May, just two months after his mother's death.

Mr. Zhang Haiqing was 80 years old and had lived in Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province. A car accident resulted in broken bones below the knee and a gaping hole that would not heal for four years. After he started to practice Falun Dafa in December 1998, his wound healed, and he was able to walk to the practice place without crutches. After the persecution began in 1999, his second daughter was detained twice, and his fourth daughter was detained twice and sent to a year of forced labor. His son-in-law, the husband of his fourth daughter, was detained twice and sent to three years of forced labor. During this persecution, his home was searched several times, and he was fined and harassed. He could not endure the prolonged persecution and passed away in July 2002.

Ms. Jin Jinshun, of Chinese-Korean ancestry, was 49 years old and had lived in Longjing City, Jilin Province. She became healthy after practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After the persecution began in 1999, she was under stress from all directions and was not able to practice on a regular basis. She died in March 2005.

Ms. Liu Shuqin was 75 years old and had lived in Nongan County, Jilin Province. She became healthy after practicing Falun Gong. After the persecution began in 1999, the 610 Office officials constantly harassed her. She had no peace, which resulted in a relapse of her old illnesses. She passed away on April 6, 2000.

Ms. Sun Guiying was 65 years old and had worked at the Power Supply Bureau Industry Co. in Xiangfan City, Hubei Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in January 1997 and had fully recovered from many years of hypertension and heart disease. In March of 2000, her daughter was detained for a month and a half after she went to Beijing for an appeal. After that, the local officials constantly harassed the two women and searched their home. They were forced to go to a brainwashing class, pay fines, and endure other torment. Ms. Sun developed colon cancer and died on January 27, 2001.

Ms. Guo Shuqin was 52 years old and had lived at Xinxing Village in Shuangjing Township, the Hulan District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. She was arrested on December 2000 while on her way to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. At the Hulan Detention Center she was brainwashed and tortured, both mentally and physically. Her family was intimidated and forced to pay a fine of about 2,000 yuan. They had to hand in a certificate of ownership for her house as security before her release. Several months after she returned home, she became ill from the stress of prolonged persecution and could only sit for 24 hours a day for several months. She died on May 23, 2002.

Mr. Zhu Chengling was 53 years old and had lived in the Qinghe District in Tieling City, Liaoning Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. After the persecution began in 1999, while clarifying the truth, his wife was arrested, detained and put into forced labor. He encountered non-stop harassment by the police and suffered under the prolonged persecution, both mentally and physically. He passed away on May 23, 2003.

Ms. Kong Qinglian was 63 years old and had lived in the Shuiliyuan area in the Shuangta District of Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. After she began to practice Falun Dafa in 1996, her many illnesses were cured. In 1999 she went to Beijing and appealed for Falun Gong. In 2001, her daughter's family became homeless, and the police repeatedly threatened her and her relatives. The stress of this prolonged persecution caused her to have a severe stroke, and she died in the autumn of 2002.

Mr. Di Duohua was 58 years old and a former employee of the main branch of the Jinxi Smelting and Chemical Plant in Huludao City, Liaoning Province. Before practicing Dafa in September 1996, he suffered from hypertension and heart disease, was bedridden with incurable uremia, and had prostate hyperplasia. After he started the practice, his health improved. In 1999, when the persecution began, he was targeted as a "bad example" at his work place and endured constant harassment. He had a stroke in June. Later he developed complications and became bedridden with incurable uremia. He died in September 2000.

Ms. Chen Kuihe was 79 years old and had lived at Renyi Village, Gangtun Township in the Lianshan District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. She was attracted to the principles of Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance) of Falun Gong and created a practice group. After the persecution began in 1999, due to the harassment from local officials, she no longer had a practice environment and died on January 14, 2003.