Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioners Xiao Yongzhen, Li Tianzhen and Yi Shuangmei from Henan Province Died of Persecution

May 02, 2005 |  


Mrs. Xiao Yongzhen was sixty-three years old. She was employed by the financial department of Nanyang City Central Hospital, Henan Province. Shortly after she started to practice Falun Dafa in1997, her heart disease and other illnesses vanished. Since July 20, 1999, the Beijing Police Station, the security department from Nanyang Wangcheng district, and the security department from Nanyang Wolong district have detained her numerous times, sentencing her to labor camp (she was rejected by the labor camp due to her health problems), extorted money from her, raided her house and confiscated her properties. All of this occurred because of her appealing for Falun Dafa and clarifying the truth. Her workplace also stopped her salary. She was arrested in November 2003 and was held in the Shangzhuang Detention Center of Nanyang City for over five months. The police did not release her to the hospital until she developed a high fever and succumbed to a coma. After endless harassment Mrs. Xiao Yongzhen died in Center Hospital in October 2004. She had been steadfast in her beliefs in Master and Dafa, never compromising or giving in to the evil. She had been in and out of the detention center at least five times.

Mrs. Li Tianzhen was ninety years old and lived on Minzhu Street, Nanyang City, Henan Province. She started to practice Falun Dafa at the beginning of 1995. Her many diseases included kidney and heart problems disappeared after she started the practice. Her hair returned to its natural black color, her skin turned soft and fair, and she had not had to take any medicine for ten years. After the start of the persecution on July 20, 1999, the Resident Committee harassed her many times, arrested her daughter who was sixty years old, raided her house and confiscated her properties, extorted money from her, and sentenced her to three years in prison. She has been illegally detained at least nine times. Her granddaughter has been arrested many times also and has been homeless for many years. The persecution gravely affected her health and strength. She passed away January 6, 2005.

Mrs. Yi Shuangmei was fifty-seven years old and lived in Wangtaigang County, Fanying Village, Nanyang City, Henan Province. After practicing Dafa in 1997, her hyperthyroidism was cured without medical treatment. In March 2000 on her way to visit fellow practitioners, she was arrested and several hundred yuan in cash was confiscated without a receipt by policewomen with the last names of Qu and Ji. The police arrested about twenty practitioners that day and took away all their cash and sent them to No. 2 Detention Center Nanyang City. They did not release Mrs. Yi until they had extorted several hundreds more yuan from her. (The practitioners arrested that day were each fined 3,000 to 5,000 yuan. The police released those who handed over the fine, and sent those who could not pay to the Detention Center). The local police and the Resident Committee harassed her many times at home after she was released. She passed away on November 2004.

April 24, 2005