Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Fourteen Falun Dafa Practitioners in Beijing, Tianjin, Jilin, and Liaoning Die as a Result of Persecution

May 19, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Shuzhen, 64, was formerly a resident at 1 Yongxingli, Changxindian, Fengtai District, Beijing. On March 3, 2000, Ms. Zhang went to the State Appeals Office to appeal for Falun Gong. The authorities escorted her to the detention center of the Fengtai police department and imprisoned her there for fifteen days. During this period, they beat and humiliated her. Later the authorities frequently came to her residence and harassed her. In September 2001, the authorities again forced her into a brainwashing center where she was persecuted. Ms. Zhang died on February 18, 2005.

Ms. Li Xiuchun, 64, was a retired worker from the No. 3 Water Heating Plant of the Construction Bureau of Beijing. After she appealed for Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, the authorities imprisoned her illegally. During the spring festivals of 2000 and 2001, the authorities frequently harassed and monitored her. Ms. Li died on February 8, 2001.

Ms. Wang Yuhuan, 83, was from Ji County, Tianjin. Before she started practicing Falun Gong, she suffered many illnesses, and for three years she could not get out of bed. All of her illnesses disappeared after she began practicing Falun Gong. In August 2000, she died after officers from her local police station harassed and intimidated her many times.

Ms. Li Guimin, 74, was also from Ji County, Tianjin. She previously suffered from many illnesses, and for 35 years she had to wear a hat all year round to protect her head. Three days after she started practicing Falun Gong, she felt so energetic that she removed her hat, for good. With her face beaming, she even regained her long lost menstrual period, in her late sixties. Because of harassment and intimidation from local police, she died in November 2000.

Ms. Qiu Lanfen, 67, lived in Changchun, Jilin Province. Many of her illnesses disappeared after she began practicing Falun Gong in 1995. On July 20, 1999, when the Chinese authorities launched the campaign to persecute Falun Gong, she did not hesitate to go to Beijing to clarify the truth and appeal for Falun Gong. When she went to Beijing again on the New Year holiday in 2000, authorities from the Zhanqian Division of the Beijing Police Department imprisoned her for over twenty days, and escorted her back to Changchun City, where she was detained for two weeks. In 2001, Ms. Qiu's daughter, another Falun Gong practitioner, was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. Later the local police and the authorities from her daughter's employer came to force Ms. Qiu to turn in her daughter. Frightened, Ms. Qiu fell ill and died in August 2001.

Mr. Liu Xiaoren, 70, was a retired worker from the No. 1 Automobile Factory of Changchun City, Jilin Province. Mr. Liu once suffered from diabetes and was critically ill. In 1995 he recovered miraculously after practicing Falun Gong, and was invited back to teach at his former factory. After July 20, 1999, being constantly harassed by the local police and authorities, Mr. Liu was forced to move. His illnesses came back and he eventually died in 2002.

Mr. Li Hongjie, 66, was a retired worker (security head) of the interior decoration factory of the No. 1 Automobile Factory of Changchun City, Jilin Province. While posting truth-clarification posters in May 2001, someone informed the police of his actions. As a result, two police officers from Kaixuan Police Station, including officer Zhou Wei, arrested him and searched his home. The authorities then imprisoned him for a month at the No. 1 Detention Center of Changchun City. After extorting a lot of money from him, they finally released him. Hard hit by the persecution, Mr. Li fell ill and finally died in July 2002. Despite Mr. Li's death, police from Kaixuan Police Station continued harassing his family.

Ms. Li Yawen, 74, lived in Changchun City, Jilin Province. Like many other practitioners, her illnesses disappeared after starting to practice Falun Gong in 1995. After constant harassment by the authorities, she was forced to place her fingerprints on a guarantee statement prepared by the authorities. Yet the authorities did not spare her daughter, who was also a Falun Gong practitioner. They abducted her many times, detained her, and sent her to a forced labor camp. The abuse suffered by her daughter hurt her tremendously. In February 2003, witnessing her daughter being arrested and having her house searched, the elderly Ms. Li was frightened and died suddenly.

Ms. Zhao Yaqin, 62, was from Jilin City, Jilin Province. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1996. During the Communist Party's persecution campaign against Falun Gong, Ms. Zhao witnessed many of her relatives being persecuted. Terrified, she could not continue practicing Falun Gong. As a result, she fell ill and died.

Ms. Cao Guizhi, 58, was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Baishan of Jilin Province. Widely recognized as a good citizen, Ms. Cao started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. After the authorities launched the persecution campaign against Falun Gong, she rarely practiced. Finally she suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and died on October 10, 2003.

Ms. Li Guizhi, 87, lived in Beifangshen Village, Sanshilipu Township, Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. Her critical illnesses all disappeared after she started practicing Falun Gong in February 1999. While practicing the Falun Gong exercises outside on August 13, 2000, someone reported her to police, and she was imprisoned in the local police station for three days. Because of her age, the authorities at the Jinzhou Detention Center refused to accept her despite the local police station's attempt to imprison her there. She was fined 200 yuan, frequently harassed, photographed, and forced to sign the three statements. Under persecution, she died in August 2001.

Ms. Lu Guixiang, 68, was a resident at Liangjiadian Township, Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. Once a patient with many illnesses, Ms. Lu became a healthy person after she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. During the persecution her daughters, out of fear, stopped her from practicing Falun Gong. Under tremendous pressure from her family and the authorities, Ms. Lu stopped her practice, and her once-cured illnesses returned. Ms. Lu died on January 16, 2001.

Ms. Wang Xiulan lived in the Sanshilipu Township, Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Ms. Wang once went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in March 2002. She died on October 19, 2004.

Ms. Jia Yulan started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Like many other Falun Gong practitioners, she was abducted in 2000, illegally imprisoned, and persecuted. Since then, she suffered illnesses and died on February 16, 2005.