Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Persecution and Death of Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Wu Quanyi, Vice Secretary-General of the Baicheng City People's Congress, Jilin Province

May 17, 2005 |   By a Dafa practitioner in Baicheng City, Jilin Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Mr. Wu Quanyi, 53 years old, was the former vice secretary-general of the Baicheng City People's Congress in Jilin Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1997 and was arrested at home on September 15, 2001. On October 29, 2001, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor. On December 13, he was sent to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp. He didn't pass the physical examination and was sent back to Baicheng City. Then on December 16, they again sent him to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp. On January 20, 2002, he was released on medical parole. The local police continued to harass him, and he went into exile to avoid further persecution. The local police pursued him. He passed away on March 6, 2004. Below is Mr. Quanyi's wife's account of the persecution that led to his death.


All four members of my family started practicing Falun Dafa before July 20, 1999. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, we continued to study the Fa and do the exercises at home. In 2000 we stepped forward to clarify the truth and started a Dafa materials production site at home.

On the evening of August 25, 2001, Li Yingxuan, the head of the Political and Security Division from the Baicheng City Police Department and an official from the National Security Bureau came to our home. These individuals told us that the provincial police department discovered that we were visiting the Minghui website on our home computer. They warned us not to do that anymore. Although we knew our safety was in jeopardy, since our home was the only Dafa materials production site in the area, we thought we could not stop visiting the Minghui website.

At midnight on September 15, dozens of officers from the Baicheng City Police Department, from the Taobei District Police Department and from the Changqing Police Station broke into our home and ransacked it. Among them were Xiao Mojun, Che Suhai, Li Guocheng, Guo Xiaoguang, and Gao Yuxiang. They found Dafa books and arrested Wu Quanyi and our two children. They also took the computer, other equipment and over 3,000 yuan in cash.

Soon after, the head of the police department and the secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee came to our home. They left about eight police officers at our home and ordered a female officer named Yuan and the head of the Street Committee to monitor me. They left at about 7:00 a.m. the next day. Our home was in shambles. On the morning of the third day, Yang Xianwen again came to our home with a group of policemen but they didn't find anything they wanted.

The authorities from the Baicheng City Police Department detained Wu Quanyi and our son at the city detention center, accusing them of "organizing and using a cult organization to disrupt the administration of law." My daughter was held at the Taonan Detention Center where Yang Xianwen and other perpetrators took turns interrogating her around the clock. They demanded that my husband admit that he was a Falun Gong organizer and they tried to force my daughter to say that a group of Falun Gong practitioners were committing crimes. In order to back up their accusations they spread lies and said, "We found a carload of flyers at Wu Quanyi's home. They have foreign connections and they receive three million yuan and 2,000 U.S. dollars every month to engage in anti-Party activities."

After exhausting all kinds of methods, the police could not make Wu Quanyi renounce Falun Dafa. Yang Xianwen said to Wu Quanyi, "Think about your wife, and how hard it must be for her to take care of the family by herself. We'll release you right away if you just say that you'll stop practicing Falun Gong." Wu Quanyi fell for their trick and said he would no longer practice. The next day, instead of releasing him, the authorities from the public procuratorate came to pick him up for interrogation. Wu Quanyi saw their hypocrisy and reasoned with them. He also announced that what he said about giving up Dafa was void. They then withdrew their suit. In order to create stress they lied and told us, "the vice secretary-general is holding a hunger strike, he is dying!" Our family and friends cried when they heard it. We requested many times to see Wu Quanyi and our daughter but the police denied our request.

By November 26, Li Yingxuan from the Political and Security Section issued a "warrant for labor reeducation" for Wu Quanyi, although they had already sentenced him to three years of forced labor on October 29. They allowed me to see him at the detention center. Wu Quanyi told me that he had a relapse of diabetes, and they denied his request to see a doctor. Our family begged the police to let him go to a hospital. The next day, Fu Zhiguo and Li Lijuan from the detention center took Wu Quanyi to the central city hospital for an examination. The examination revealed that Wu Quanyi's blood and urine sugar level was too high, and there was a severe shortage of blood supply to his brain. His lung was infected and his heart was beating too fast. He also had kidney failure and stomach problems. Doctor Sun Kewen asked that Wu Quanyi be hospitalized immediately, but the detention center refused.

At around 4:00 a.m. on December 13, Wu Quanyi was sent to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp. He didn't pass the physical examination, so the labor camp refused to accept him. Yang Xianwen and Xiao Mojun who drove him there had no choice but to take him back to the Chengnan Forced Labor Camp in Baicheng City. First, I went to Yang Yuwu, the deputy head of the Baicheng City Police Department. He tried to avoid the issue, so I went to Han Yanhua, the head of the 610 Office, who said, "Wu Quanyi has to be sent to a labor camp. If the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp won't take him, I'll talk to them so they'll accept him." Although Li Yingxuan and others claimed they were taking Wu Quanyi for a check-up in Changchun, at 5:00 a.m. on December 16, they instead drove him to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp.

After being sent to a labor camp, Wu Quanyi was forced to sit on a plank every day. His health suffered greatly because of the torture and poor diet. On December 18, 2001, when a few relatives joined me to visit, he could not walk and he had to be carried out on someone's back.

We went to Guo Junpeng, head of the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp and asked for Wu Quanyi to be released. He said, "We'll release him if he "reforms"." Pressured by relatives and friends, Wu Quanyi signed "guarantee statements" written by others. He later wrote a solemn announcement. We again asked Guo Junpeng to release him, but he still refused and sent Wu Quanyi to the provincial police hospital. Around 11 a.m. on January 20, 2002, a person from the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp phoned me and said Wu Quanyi was in critical condition at the provincial police hospital, and I should pick him up immediately. When we picked him up, we rushed him to the central city hospital. After more than ten days of treatment, his blood sugar level slowly went down. We could no longer afford the expensive daily treatment. He also realized that he must leave the hospital, as he is a practitioner. Then we went home.

Right before 10:00 p.m. on March 25, about four police officers pounded on the door and screamed for Wu Quanyi to go to the police department the next day. One of them said, "If he can't walk, carry him there!" I could no longer stay home. I had to leave behind my son, who was held at the detention center, and my daughter who was held at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp at the time. I took Wu Quanyi, who was still very weak, and we left home the next day so that he would not be there when the police came for him. Life was very difficult and we could not stay in the same place very long as the police kept pursuing us. My husband passed away on March 6, 2004.

After my son was detained, inmates beat him and robbed him of his clothes and quilt. He was given little food each day and was forced to pick peas from 4:00 a.m. until past 9:00 p.m. every day. On October 24, 2001, the city procuratorate issued an arrest warrant. On December 26, the city court paraded him through the Culture Square and publicly humiliated him on stage at a public meeting. On January 21, 2002, he was sentenced to eight years in prison. With pressure from family and relatives, my son wrote a guarantee statement. In June 2002, my son was still being held past his term. He wanted the ordeal to be over and he believed the government's lies that he would receive lighter punishment if he reformed, so he wrote letters criticizing Dafa to the police department, the court and the 610 Office. In late August, a second trial was held and he was still sentenced to eight years in prison. He appealed but the original verdict was upheld. On September 18, my son was sent to Jilin Prison. In June 2004, my son went astray again and went against Dafa after a team of provincial collaborators brainwashed him.

On September 15, 2001, my daughter was held at the Taonan Detention Center. On October 29, the police department sentenced her to three years of forced labor. Between December 13, 2001, and April 15, 2002, she was held at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun where she was reformed. On May 16, Xiao Mojun from the police department and Pan Wei from the National Security Bureau took her back to Baicheng City and told our family that she would be released after she finished with "reform work." They not only didn't release her, they sued her and her original sentence of three years of forced labor was changed to six years in prison. She was sent to prison on November 8, 2002.

After my husband and son were arrested, their work unit, the Baicheng City Quality Inspection Bureau, stopped their salary. The police never returned the computer and over 3,000 Yuan in cash they took from my home.

What I related above is the persecution that my family has suffered. I am now living on my own and I am constantly moving to avoid arrest. My original home was demolished in spring 2002.

Related phone numbers:

The Baicheng City Party Committee
Address: No. 1 East Wenhua Road
Zip code: 137000
The Head office: 86-436-3234642, 86-436-3224688, 86-436-3225975, 86-436-3237589

The Baicheng City government
Address: No. 1 East Wenhua Road
Zip code: 137000
The Mayor's public number: 86-436-3239374
Office: 86-436-3224899 86-436-3234388 86-436-3227453

The Baicheng City Police Department
Address: South Xingfu Street
Zip code: 137000

The Main switchboard: 86-436-3252000
Office: 86-436-3252046

The Taobei Police Department of Baicheng City Police Department
Address: No. 125 East Haiming Road
Zip code: 137000
The Main switchboard: 86-436-3252510
The Head office: 86-436-3236090

The Taobei District People's Court in Baicheng City
Address: No. 99 East Zhongxingda Road
Zip code: 137000
The Main switchboard: 86-436-3267122, 86-436-3267124
The Office: 86-436-3267128
The Secretary's office: 86-436-3267123

People involved in persecution
Yang Yuwu: deputy head of the Baicheng City Police Department, 86-13704370007(Cell)
Yang Xianwen: head of the Politics and Security Division, 86-436-3251657(Home)
Li Yingxuan: 86-436-3239664(Home)
Zhao Fuzhu: 86-436-2805173(Cell)
Xiao Mojun: 86-436-2801759(Cell)
Han Yanhua: head of the "610 Office," 86-436-3345610 (Office), 86-436-3241288(Home)
Pan Wei: The Baicheng City Police Department
Wang You: The Taobei District Court, 86-436-2804110(Cell)
Chu Peng: head of the Baicheng City Police Department
Na Duo: deputy head of the Baicheng City Police Department
Wang Dai: public prosecutor at the Taobei District Public Procuratorate
Yuan Zhili: head judge at the Taobei District Court
Zhao Tielin: judge
Yang: secretary
The Taobei District Police Department: Che Suhai, Li Guocheng, Guo Xiaoguang, Gao Yuxiang