Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

His Leukemia Cured after Practicing Falun Dafa, Hu Xiangdong Dies as a Result of Persecution; Ms. Ge Ling Sentenced Again to Two Years of Forced Labor

May 01, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Jiangxi Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Hu Xiangdong lived in Makou Township, Yongxiu County, Jiangxi Province. He previously had leukemia, which disappeared after he began Falun Dafa practice. He was then able to do farm labor in the fields. After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, lawless officials sent people to follow Mr. Hu, and they forbade him to practice Falun Dafa. His old illness returned, and he died on December 13, 2003.

Mr. Hu was born in 1950, and lived in Makou Township, Yongxiu County, Jiangxi Province. He developed leukemia in 1997, spent more than fifty thousand yuan on medical treatments, and his condition did not improve at all. Hu Xiangdong was fortunate to learn Falun Dafa cultivation in the Fall of 1998, and he was fully cured. He did not need to take any medicine for nine months, and he began working in the fields again.

After July 20, 1999, a policeman from the local substation ordered Mr. Hu to hand in all his Falun Dafa materials. He refused. Later, the police ransacked his home, and threatened him. They also sent people to follow him, and did not allow him to practice the Falun Dafa exercises. That really hurt him physically. His leukemia returned, and he had to check into a hospital in Nanchang City.

Facing journalists from Jiangxi TV and Nanchang City Broadcasting Station, Mr. Hu said with dignity, "Falun Dafa cured my illness, but the police do not allow me to practice, and that caused my leukemia to return." His doctor, Dr. Kong said, "We really can do nothing for him." Hu Xiangdong had to spend another fifty-some thousand yuan on treatment, but died on December 13, 2003.

Another Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Ge Ling is a Chinese herb pharmacist employed by Yongxiu County Hospital, Jiangxi Province. On December 6, 2004, Ms. Ge had just been released from a forced labor camp, and was resting at home. Police Chief Tu Zhangliang ordered several policemen to storm into Ms. Ge's home, ransack the house, arrest her, take her to a detention center, and torture her brutally. At night she was tied to a bed with handcuffs and ankle shackles. Her hands and feet were exposed to the cold, and she could not move. Ge Ling was force-fed with a concentrated salt solution, and her entire body became burning hot. She had to take her clothes off to cool down. In order to conceal their abuse, the police would not allow her family to visit. Ms. Ge was sentenced again to two years of forced labor. She went on a hunger strike to protest. Now she is very weak, suffers extreme pain, and is in critical condition.