Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Twenty-two Falun Gong Practitioners from Mainland China, Including Ms. Chen Qiuju, Ms. Ding Yajie, and Mr. Pang Hai, Die After Having Been Persecuted

April 30, 2005 |  


Ms. Liu Yunping, 60 years old, was a retired employee of the First Construction Company in Urumqi City of Xinjiang Province. She received a 3-year prison sentence. After her release, her son was arrested and taken again to Banfanggou Brainwashing Center last June. Police abducted and took her to the brainwashing center as a hostage, to force her son to accept "transformation". Policemen detained her for seven days without any results. After living under such extreme fear and pressure for such a long time, Ms. Liu Yunping passed away on March 2, 2005.

Mr. Mao Jinfeng, 56 years old, was a practitioner from Anning District of Lanzhou City of Gansu Province. Since 1995, she started practicing Falun Gong, and the rheumatism she suffered was cured. In 2003 when she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, the police detained her for half a month. Afterwards, the police and officials from the 610 Office ransacked her home and harassed her many times. She suffered a great deal under the persecution. Therefore, she could no longer live a normal peaceful life and her old illnesses recurred. On November 2, 2003, she passed away. At that time, her practitioner husband was still under detention and was not allowed to return home to arrange her funeral. Subsequently, her husband was sentenced to forced labor and is still being held.

Mr. Yue Guichen, 71 years old, lived in Shanxi Province. On March 15, 2002 when he was distributing truth clarifying materials, policemen from the Railroad Police Division of Datong City of Shanxi Province arrested him and detained him in the Railroad Detention Center of Datong City. On April 15 of 2002, he was sentenced to one year at Taiyuan Forced Labor Camp. Starting in June, he began to suffer again from his old illnesses. After posting bail, he was allowed to return home, but the police from the railroad police division did not let up on harassing him and his family. On December 23, 2004, he passed away.

Ms. Wang Xiumei, in her 20's, was from Wudan Town, Wengniuteqi County, Chifeng City, Neimenggu Province. She suffered from severe anemia and other illnesses before she started to practice Falun Gong. In January of 1999, one of her classmates introduced Falun Gong to her. At that time she was only skin and bones. Because she didn't have the energy to read the book, she could only listen when others were reading. But after only 20 days, her health improved dramatically, and she could go to the practice site to read the book and practice the exercises. Since then all of her illnesses have disappeared, she was of excellent health, and her face looked radiant. She understood clearly that Falun Dafa gave her the new life. She had been cultivating herself diligently and promoting Falun Gong by going to different places. She gave a speech in a Falun Dafa conference held in Wengniuteqi County to share her experiences. Since July 20 of 1999, when the persecution started, she lost the environment for practicing Falun Gong and studying the Fa. Under the severe persecution and its horrors, her old illnesses recurred. She passed away in September of 1999.

Ms. Pei Yulan, 48 years old, was an employee of Xipu Grain Supply Center of Chengdu City of Sichuan Province. She used to suffer from many illnesses. After practicing Falun Gong, her illnesses disappeared. When she was distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials, she was reported to the police. In December 2004, she was persecuted to death.

Ms. Li Shaohua, 68 years old, was from Wuhan City of Hubei Province. She attained Falun Dafa in 1996. She used to be partially paralyzed due to a stroke. Since practicing Falun Gong, she could take care of herself. Her family witnessed the amazing recovery. Since July 20 of 1999, the start of the persecution, officials of Wuchang District of Wuhan City, policemen from Yuqiaojie police station, and officials of the neighborhood administration office broke into her home many times, threatened her, and tried to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong. The persecution she suffered caused severe mental distress. Her old illnesses recurred and she passed away in early 2005.

Mr. Shi Chuanwei, 69 years old, was from Wuhan City of Hubei Province. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1996, his old illnesses, including high blood pressure, heart disease and stomach problems disappeared. Since the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20 of 1999, the policemen from his local police station were harassing and threatening him constantly. His eldest daughter had been arrested and detained illegally. They deprived him of his freedom of belief. Mr. Shi passed away on October 11, 2004.

Ms. Gu Suhua, 82 years old, lived in north side of Chengdu City of Sichuan Province. Her practitioner children had been arrested and sentenced to forced labor many times. She suffered mentally and passed away on June 24, 2004.

Ms. Xiao Changxiu, 50 years old, was from Guanghan City of Sichuan Province. She went to Beijing to validate the Fa. First she was detained in a detention center and then sent to a brainwashing center. She suffered a great deal. After she returned home, the officials of the 610 Office were constantly hounding her. She passed away on September 3, 2003.

Mr. Guo Yongsheng, 74 years old, lived in Donggang City of Liaoning Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998 and his health was improving continuously. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution started, the authorities harassed him constantly. He passed away on October 4, 2003.

Mr. Jiang Kaixian, 64 years old, used to work for the Planning Commission of Donggang City of Liaoning Province. He and his wife began to practice Falun Gong. Because both of them are Falun Gong practitioners, they were often harassed and threatened after the persecution started on July 20 of 1999. Because of the persecution, he passed away on April 28, 2004.

Ms. Chen Qiuju, 59 years old, was a family member of an employee of the 6th Oil Extraction Plant of Daqing City of Heilongjiang Province. She was sentenced to one and a half years in a forced labor camp, because she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. In September of 2001, she was detained and persecuted in the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp. Because she was forced to do hard labor over an extended period and had to suffer mental torture, she developed pulmonary disease and was coughing all the time. After she was released in January 2003, the policemen from the police station of the oil extraction plant, officials of the 610 Office of the plant, and the officials from the 610 Office of Daqing City harassed her constantly. She could not recover and passed away on March 11, 2005.

Ms. Ding Yajie, 50 years old, was from Fuyu County of Heilongjiang Province. Before the Spring Festival of 2000, she was taken to the brainwashing center in the county's Communist Party School. Because she insisted on practicing Falun Gong, she was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp after the spring festival. She suffered heart problems while in detention. After 18 days, the county and 610 Office were notified to take her home. After she returned home, she continued to practice Falun Gong and soon her illness disappeared. Before the Spring Festival of 2001, she was again taken to the brainwashing center. During that time, her husband was also detained three times. After 2003, the local police came to her home many times to disturb and threaten her. That caused her heart problem to recur and she was hospitalized. Around March 31, 2005, the local police went to harass her again and she passed away on April 9, 2005.

Mr. Pang Hai, 46, was a farmer of Wanquan County of Hebei Province. In Dec. 2000, when he and his wife Ms. Zhou Xiumei went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, the police arrested them. They were sent back to Wanquan County and detained for two months. Under the detention they suffered brutal torture. The authorities confiscated a lot of Falun Dafa books, a motorcycle, and 2,400 yuan. After they were released, the police frequently harassed and threatened them. They were suffering great mental pressure. Additionally, they also suffered economic pressure because of the money that was confiscated. Placed under great duress, Mr. Pang's old disease (leukemia) recurred. He passed away in June of 2002.

Ms. Lei Guofeng, 45, lived in the Changcheng section of Wuhou District in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. She used to suffer from many illnesses. After she started practicing Falun Gong, she recovered completely. After the persecution of Falun Gong started, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and clarify the truth. She was abducted, detained, and forced into brainwashing classes many times. Her family was harassed and monitored at all times. The persecution caused her old illnesses to recur. She passed away in 2002.

Mr. Ju Anjia, 62, was from Xiaohezi Village, Wubei Town, Laixi City, Shandong province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After July 20, 1999 the persecution against Falun Gong started. His daughter and son-in-law had been abducted and detained for many times because they were clarifying the truth and validating the Fa. Additionally, they had to pay a large fine. His daughter was also sentenced to a forced labor camp. Placed under great duress, he became ill in 2002 and passed away on September 7, 2002.

Mr. Mu Juzhang, 69, was a farmer from Weijiagou Village, Canzhuang Town, Zhaoyuan City, Shandong province. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, the arthritis he had suffered for over 20 years disappeared. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, he has been harassed, beaten, threatened. He suffered physically and mentally and became ill. He passed away on February 11, 2003.

Mr. Zhang Lixing, 67, was from Dazhuangjia Village, Xinzhuang Town, Zhaoyuan City, Shandong province. After 1994 he started practicing Falun Gong. He gave up his smoking, drinking, and violent tendencies. His family lived in harmony for the first time. Since the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Mr. Zhang and his wife, their son, three daughters, and son-in-laws were abducted and detained many times. His eldest and second eldest daughters were forced to become homeless. While homeless, his eldest daughter was abducted and sentenced to a ten-year prison term. Also, no one knew his second daughter's whereabouts for many years. His eldest son-in-law was sentenced to prison for five years. Under the brutal persecution, Mr. Zhang passed away in January 2005.

Ms. Zhang Lihua, 60, was from Liaozhong County, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. On December 6, 2001 she and other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. On their way, police from the Police Department of Liaozhong County and the Traffic Police of Liaozhong County arrested her. That night, she walked out of detention with strong righteous thoughts and became homeless for one month. After she returned home, she couldn't stop coughing. The hospital diagnosed her with lung cancer. She passed away on June 7, 2002.

Mr. Yang Wenhua, in his 50's, was from Xiliu Village, Xiliu Town, Haicheng City, Liaoning Province. In 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He was arrested on his way to the city of Tianjin. After he went back home, his home was ransacked and his belongings confiscated. Officials of the local 610 Office, staff from the village administration and police frequently harassed him. In 2001, when the Correction House of Anshan City held a brainwashing session, they forced him to take part in it. Because his health had deteriorated, the police forced his son (not a practitioner) to be brainwashed. Because he suffered such physical and mental pressure, he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away on January 1, 2003.

Ms. Zhang Lanhua, 63, was from Chengguan Town, Wanquan County, Zhangjiakou City, Hebei province. She used to suffer many illnesses. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, she recovered rapidly. Since July 20, 1999, she suffered persecution and was fined 2,000 yuan. Because her family began to stop her from practicing Falun Gong, she became less and less diligent in her cultivation. Later her old illnesses recurred and she passed away in August of 2004.

Ms. Liang Shuzhen, 60, was from Yushu City of Jilin Province and used to suffer from severe hepatitis and tracheitis. After practicing Falun Gong, all of her illnesses disappeared. When the persecution started on July 20, 1999, her family feared the police would come to search for the Falun Gong books, so they burned the books and tapes. Because she couldn't study the Fa and practice, her old illnesses recurred. Her family spent over 10,000 yuan on her medical treatment in vain. She passed away on May 30, 2004.