Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ten Falun Gong Practitioners from Jilin, Shandong, Sichuan, Hunan and Other Provinces Died As A Result of Persecution

April 26, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Guo Henghong, 37, was formerly an employee at Hubei Axle Co., Ltd. (now Hubei Bothwin Investment Co., Ltd.). She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she was fired from her job because she practiced Falun Gong. She was arrested three times, and during the detentions her ankles were shackled, and she was force-fed and beaten. She passed away in July 2002.

Ms. He Mingxia, 34, lived in the dormitory of Changchun Molding Factory in Jilin Province. After beginning Falun Gong practice she had excellent health. She went to the provincial government and Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution. Ms. He and her sister (also a Falun Gong practitioner) were arrested on September 11, 2001, and sent to a brainwashing class in Kuancheng District. She refused to give up her beliefs. After her release from the brainwashing center, the authorities continued to terrorize, harass, and closely watch her. This caused her tremendous physical and mental damage, and symptoms of illness. She died on July 14, 2002.

Ms. Huang Jingzhen, who was about 70, also lived in the dormitory of Changchun Molding Factory in Jilin Province. Her physical health benefited after she started practicing Falun Gong. She went to appeal at both the provincial government and in Beijing. The police raided her home, and for a long time she was threatened and closely watched by the local neighborhood committee, especially a man surnamed Qu and the committee director Wu Yaqin. When Ms. Huang moved to a senior housing facility, her persecution continued. She was monitored even after moving to the senior housing facility. The persecution caused her severe physical and mental harm, and she passed away on February 14, 2003.

Ms. Yu Fuxiu, 79, was a retired worker at the Shandong Chemical Plant in Jinan City, Shandong Province. Before starting Falun Gong practice, Ms. Yu suffered many serious illnesses. She completely regained her health after starting to practice Falun Gong in 1996. After the persecution began, she went to Beijing to clarify the facts. She was illegally harassed, fined, arrested, and brainwashed, and her home was ransacked several times. The physical and mental torture caused her former illnesses to recur, and she passed away on March 29, 2004.

Ms. Wang Hongfang, 66, was an urban resident of Guan County, Shandong Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, she was in such poor health that she couldn't take care of herself. After she started practicing Falun Gong in October 1993, her physical condition improved rapidly, and she was able to freely move and work. After the persecution began, a policeman named Wang went to her house several times to arrest her husband. One day in late 2003, the police again came to her home to harass her. During a dispute with the police, she fainted from fear, and the police fled the scene. Afterward, Ms. Wang experienced symptoms of mental trauma. She passed away on March 1, 2005.

Ms. Du Xianhua, 49, was married to an employee at the Bridges and Engineering Division in Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. She went to Beijing to appeal in February 2000. She was arrested and sent back to the police station in her hometown, where she was detained for fifteen days. In July 2000, she was arrested for doing the Falun Gong exercises outside, and detained for one month. She was forced to leave her home in late 2002, to avoid being persecuted, and she passed away soon after returning home in March 2003.

Mr. Yang Kaishun, 54, worked for the Bridges and Engineering Division in Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. He was arrested in November 2002 for distributing truth-clarifying materials and detained for one month. After that, he was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. He passed away soon after returning home in March 2003.

Mr. Han Fangchuan, 65, was a resident of Huajiaoshu Village, Wanxi Township, Hongjiang City, Huaihua Area, Hunan Province. For a long time, Yang Zhongguo, Li Chaomin, Yang Jie and Yang Longting from Wanxi Township regularly ransacked practitioner Han's home, and detained, threatened, and terrorized him. Han was held at the Anjiang Detention Center and the Wanxi Precinct government. His physical and mental health suffered tremendously, and he passed away on March 14, 2005.

Ms. He Qiulian, 64, was from Leiyang City, Hunan Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After the persecution began, she traveled to Beijing twice to appeal to the government. The first time, she was arrested and illegally detained for over six months, during which time the local 610 Office, National Security staff, and Neighborhood Committee often harassed her family. Both times she was required to pay a fine amounting to 500 yuan the first time, and 10,000 yuan the second time. Due to the continuous persecution and the overwhelming pressure exerted on her, she experienced symptoms of illness many times, and passed away in August 2004.

Ms. Chen Guangying, 57, lived near the Light Bulb Factory of Baoji City, Shaanxi Province. She was held for one year in a forced labor camp because she went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the facts. Because she had a doctor's certificate for her severe physical illnesses, she was granted medical parole and was put under close surveillance. Her illnesses, which improved significantly after she started practicing Falun Gong in 1998, relapsed. She died in May 2002.

Mr. Zhou Shifu, 80, and Ms. Wang Daiyu, 70, were both practitioners who lived in Gaoqiang Village, Gongan County, Hubei Province. Their daughter and son-in-law were illegally arrested several times for practicing Falun Gong. Their daughter was sent to a forced labor camp. Due to frequent harassment and persecution by the police, both Mr. Zhou and Ms. Wang passed away in October 2001 and May 2004 respectively.

April 18, 2005