Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioners Cai Zhenxiang, Zhang Guiqin and Wan Fuqin from Liaoning Province Died from Persecution

April 22, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Cai Zhenxiang, 65 years old, was a resident of Qingnian Village of Jinxing Town in Huludao City, Liaoning Province. In the spring of 1997, he was diagnosed with late-stage liver cirrhosis by the Lianshan District Hospital in Huludao City. His whole body was swollen. After practicing Falun Gong, however, Mr. Cai's health recovered miraculously. The people around him, upon witnessing his miraculous recovery, all started to practice Falun Gong. Thereafter, his house became the local practice site. Later, more and more people joined them. The neighboring village also set up a practice site for studying the Falun Gong teachings and doing the exercises. After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Cai was identified as a principal target for persecution. The local police and village officials went to Cai Zhenxiang's residence many times to harass, threaten, track, monitor and try to force him to give up his practice of Falun Gong. As a result, he suffered a relapse of his old illness. On December 29, 1999, Cai Zhenxiang passed away.

Ms. Zhang Guiqin was a resident of Yangzhangzi Village in Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Many illnesses that had tormented her for a long time all disappeared. On July 20, 1999 she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was detained by the Lingyuan Police Department and taken back to the local Yangzhangzi Police Station. She was also fined 200 yuan. On October 1 of that year, Ms. Zhang went a second time to validate Falun Gong. She was sent for forced labor without any legal grounds. She suffered much persecution at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. On May 1, 2001, Ms. Zhang was released and she came back home. The local police station and village officials frequently came to her residence to harass and monitor her, and forbade her from practicing the exercises. Thus she suffered a relapse of her old illnesses and passed away on March 7, 2002.

Ms. Wang Fuqin, 69 years old, was a resident of Xiongyue Town of Yingkou City, Liaoning Province. After she started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, she recovered from the illnesses that she had for many years, without treatment. In August 21, 2003, her youngest daughter Li Fengmei, who had become homeless to avoid the persecution, was illegally arrested and sentenced to four years in jail. This was a great blow to the elderly woman. She thought of her daughter and missed her every day. Then she learned that her daughter was persecuted so badly in Boyuquan Forced Labor Camp that she was in critical condition (before this, her eldest and second daughter were also sent to brainwashing classes). She could not take the huge blow of the series of events of her family members being persecuted, and on March 21, 2004, Wang Fuqin passed away.