Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

My Experiences Being Persecuted

April 19, 2005 |   By Falun Dafa Practitioner Wu Shihai in Sichuan province

(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Wu Shihai. I live in Yuexi County, Liangshan District, Sichuan Province. I am a teacher at the Zhaojue County Middle School. Due to my practice of Falun Dafa, I have been continually subjected to persecution during the past five years.

On July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, I was illegally interrogated by officials from the Yuexi County 610 Office. Two days later, I was again interrogated by a group of officials led by Tian Maoqi from the Zhaojue County Department of Politics and Order. After that, I was under surveillance day and night. Even after the school year started, I was not yet allowed to teach.

In October of that same year (1999), I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and was brought back to Zhaojue County Department of Politics and Order by county security staff. I was tortured into a confession and illegally detained for 49 days. In the end, I was fined 5000 yuan. On December 7, 1999, I was freed from detention. From that point on, my daily life was under complete surveillance. The middle school administration even took 10 yuan out of my salary and gave that money to those who monitored me. Because I resolutely refused to accept the unreasonable demands from the school that I stop appealing for Falun Gong, I remained in Zhaojue County and stopped getting in touch with other fellow practitioners. I was again detained for one month by the Zhaojue County 610 Office in April 2000. After I was released from detention, I still refused to accept the evil persons' demands. As a result, after seven days I was arrested and detained for yet another month. After my release, I continued to refuse the evil demands. One week later, I was detained again for two months. On August 14, 2000, I was sentenced to one year in prison by the Zhaojue County 610 Office. I was then sent to the Xinhua Forced Labor Camp of Sichuan Province. Inside the camp, prison officers instigated inmates to physically abuse me. I was forced to run at an extremely demanding speed, and stand in a fixed posture for very long periods of time. As a result, I fainted on several occasions.

Every day, I had to stand in a fixed posture from early morning until 2:00 a.m. Sometimes, I had to stand throughout the entire night. They tightly bound me with ropes and shocked me with electric batons. They also force-feed me. Later, as I continued to practice the exercises and refused to work, my prison term was extended four more months. On December 16, 2001, I was eventually released from the labor camp.

After I returned home, I was again under around the clock surveillance. In August 2002, I went to Panzhihua City to help manage Falun Dafa truth clarification materials. On September 6, 2002, I was arrested by officials from the Panzhihua City 610 Office. Again, I was illegally interrogated and subjected to physical tortures such as hanging and electric shock. On January 15, 2003, I was sentenced to two years in prison and sent to the Xinhua Forced Labor Camp once again. There I was again subjected to physical abuses such as being forced to stand in a fixed posture for a long time, and being made to repeatedly squat and then stand straight until I lost control. Because I refused to renounce my belief in Falun Gong, I was brought to the No. 3 People's Hospital of Mianyang County (a mental institution). There, personnel administered nerve-damaging drugs and forced me to take various other unidentified substances. As a result of these drugs, my reactions and movements slowed down for a very long time. Part of my facial muscles were paralyzed, saliva dripped from my mouth, and I appeared mentally challenged. In August 2004, I was finally released from the hospital.

From July 20, 1999 until August 2004, I had been persecuted each and every day. Communist Party Deputy Secretary Wu Jinping, Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Yang Tongcai, and security officer Tian Maoqi are among those Zhaojue County officials who were directly involved in the persecution. The County Security Department, local security station, County Education Department, as well as my school were responsible for the surveillance plans implemented to monitor my daily activities. These various government agencies also ordered my school general secretary Zhang Li to illegally withhold my salary. They took my money and used it to pay for restaurant meals for themselves, and I didn't get a single penny. Also, they used my money to cover all the expenses of the persecution against me.