Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Ms. Yao Guoxiu Tortured to a State of Mental Collapse in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp - Dies Tragically Thereafter

April 18, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Yao Guoxiu, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province, was subjected to cruel persecution, and was tortured to a state of mental collapse in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp. After she was released, she jumped from a high building and passed away on March 13, 2005. More details follow.

Ms. Yao Guoxiu, 52, peacefully and legally appealed for Falun Gong in Beijing after July 20, 1999. As a result, she was illegally arrested and detained in a forced labor camp for two years. Authorities at the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp cruelly persecuted her by forcibly brainwashing her, confining her in a solitary compartment, forcing her not to speak, and restraining her on a metal chair, with both arms and legs tied, for long periods of time. In October 2000, police officer Zhang Bo tied her hands behind her back, and hung her from a beam with her feet off the ground. Dafa practitioners Zhang Yuhua, Li Yuxia, and Sun Jie were also tortured in this manner. Practitioner Yang Xiuli was hung from the beam every night during November 2000. Officer Zhang Bo cruelly told her, "Yang Xiuli, tell your family members to pick up your dead body."

In March 2001, as the number of illegally detained Falun Gong practitioners increased, the methods utilized in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp to persecute steadfast Falun Gong practitioners changed frequently. They used many methods to isolate and torture practitioners. The brigade heads and guards tried to find out the traits of practitioners by talking with them. Practitioners who were deemed to be outspoken in their efforts to appeal for justice were confined in solitary compartments. They were forbidden to speak and subjected them to physical torture in an effort to destroy their wills. Along with other Dafa practitioners, Yao Guoxiu, Li Yuxia, and Tan Guizhen sustained cruel mental and physical torture to differing degrees.

Yao Guoxiu was tortured to a state of mental collapse. She was released from Wanjia Forced Labor Camp and sent back to her hometown in July 2001. On March 13, 2005, she jumped from a high building and died.

April 10, 2005