Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Baojie from Panjin City, Liaoning Province Tortured to Death

April 16, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Baojie, 32 years old, lived in Panshan County, Panjin City, Liaoning Province. She was arrested and detained many times for firmly cultivating Falun Dafa. After being sentenced to three years forced labor in August 2004, she served time at Masanjia Labor Camp. She was tortured to death on April 8, 2005.

On May 25, 2003, Ms. Li Baojie, her husband Pan Shuxue, and more than ten Falun Dafa practitioners were arrested by officers of the Panjin City State Security Division. They ransacked Li's home and confiscated twenty thousand yuan. Ms. Li went on a hunger strike for more than ten days in the Panjin City Detention Center, until she vomited blood. She was released after her family paid a fine of one thousand yuan.

In order to make a living, Ms. Li and her husband went to her sister's home in Dalian City and worked labor jobs. Policemen Zhou Laixing (male) and Li Yonghua (gender unknown) from Panjin City still pursued them. On August 19, 2004, her husband was arrested by police on his way to work. He shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" Police Li (male) beat him, and his mouth started to bleed. Police handcuffed his hands behind his back and ransacked their home. They arrested her as well. Ms. Li and her husband were both sentenced to three years forced labor. She served her term at Masanjia Labor Camp.

Ms. Li went on a hunger strike the entire time at the labor camp. Guards extorted 600 yuan from her family for forced-feeding and refused to release her. Ms. Li refused to recite the camp rules or answer the guards' questions. Some guards instructed collaborators to drag her into a dark cell and abuse her. When Ms. Li developed severe symptoms, her family requested a checkup for her at the hospital. Guards then took this as a chance to charge her family more money.

On April 7, 2005, Ms. Li was sent to Shenyang City Medical University First Hospital. The camp called her family and told them that Li was in critical condition. The doctors wanted to operate on her throat. The camp guards asked her family members go to the hospital, sign the required form, and pay for the surgery. Her family refused to pay or sign, and said, "You tortured her to this condition; you must be responsible for her treatment." Her family asked to take her home. Camp guard Xie (Division Leader, gender unknown) said "Not today. You have to wait until tomorrow." At that time, Ms. Li had trouble breathing and could not talk coherently. She asked that no one sign any papers without her consent.

On the next day, April 8, 2005, the labor camp agreed to release her when she was on her last breath. Only ten miles away from home, Ms. Li died in the vehicle.