Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. An Fenghua from Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province Was Tortured to Death in December 2004

April 10, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. An Fenghua from Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province went to Beijing twice to appeal for Dafa, and was arrested, detained, and sentenced to forced labor. She was tortured to death at the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center.

According to eyewitnesses, Dafa practitioners being detained in the Harbin City Women's Drug Rehabilitation Center were severely abused in the basement of the center. Practitioners were given very short and irregular haircuts, were forced to squat on the floor with white cloths tied around their mouths and were handcuffed onto icy cold metal fences. Male guards kicked them; female guards shocked their faces, necks and mouths with electric batons. The air was filled with the smell of burned flesh mixed with the damp smell of the basement. People could hear the zapping sounds from the electric batons and the horrific screams from the practitioners.

Ms. An Fenghua, 47 years old, lived in Tiebei District, Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province. On March 1, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, and was arrested and detained in Hailin Detention Center. Her family had to post bail with three thousand yuan. Ms. An went to Beijing in October 2000, was arrested again, detained in Mudanjiang City Detention Center, and sentenced to forced labor, which she served at the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center until August, 2001.

In the middle of May 2002, Ms. An was arrested again, sentenced to three years of forced labor, and fined another three thousand yuan. She was held at the Drug Rehabilitation Center for the second time. She had to squat down on the floor so that she could be handcuffed to the basement's metal fence for at least several hours at a time, and sometimes even several days. An Fenghua was tortured until she became paralyzed and blind. She contracted TB, and died on December 21, 2004.

Other practitioners who were tortured to death at the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center are listed below:

Ms. Liu Tongling from Daqing City was held at the center in September 2003. She was tortured to death within one month, totally naked on an iron chair (1).

Ms. Jiang Rongzhen died around November 20, 2002.

Ms. Guan Shujie from Guangming Village, Xin'an Town, Hailin City, Mudanjiang Prefecture was tortured for two years and died on September 6, 2004.

(1) The iron chair is made of iron pipes. Victims are restrained on the iron chairs with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/9/17577.html.