Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Dongxia from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province Tortured to Death

March 09, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa Practitioner in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Wang Dongxia was a 41-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. She had been detained three times after July 20, 1999, and twice sentenced to forced labor because she firmly cultivated Truth, Compassion, and Forbearance. Ms. Wang Dongxia was tortured in Jiamusi Labor Camp until she was severely ill and could not walk. She died on February 15, 2005.

On December 13, 2002, Jiamusi City 610 Office agent Chen Wanyou and police from Qianjin Station, and Nan'gang Substation stormed into Ms. Wang Dongxia's home. They abducted her, and took eight hundred yuan in cash and a cell phone from her husband's pocket. Police beat her up in the Qianjin Station, forced her to stand on the cement floor in bare feet, deprived her of sleep and made her sit with her hands cuffed behind her all night. After this they sent her to the detention center.

On January 6, 2003, police from Qianjin Station sent Ms. Wang Dongxia and several other Falun Dafa practitioners to Jiamusi Labor Camp. Upon arriving there, all Falun Dafa practitioners were cuffed to their beds and forced to go through brainwashing sessions. Those involved were Deputy Ward Leader Zhang Xiaodan (female), uniformed guards Liu Yadong (female) and Li Yongbo (female).

Ms. Wang Dongjia endured numerous tortures inside the labor camp, such as being forced to sit on a cable spindle(1) for a long time. This torture made her very weak. She was sick with tuberculosis and so thin it was as if there were only skin and bone left. The labor camp was afraid of being responsible for her death so they had her family pick her up in September 2004. When her family went to pick her up, she could not walk. They had to carry her back home.

Ms. Wang Dongxia never recovered after returning home. She often had a fever, and was finally sent to a hospital at a cost one thousand yuan per day. She died on February 15, 2005.

(1) To force Falun Dafa practitioners to give up their practice, Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp used cable spindles as instruments of torture and called it "sitting on a little stool." See photo and more explanation of cable spindle at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/10/29/41751.html