Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Tan Yanjun from Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province Died After Being Paralyzed as a Result of Persecution

March 05, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Tan Yanjun was detained three times and went through numerous torture, resulting in whole body paralysis. When his life was in danger, he was released on medical parole in the middle of November 2004. He died on February 27, 2005. He is survived by two young children. His father Tan Guoyi died on July 3, 2004 as a result of constant harassment.

Mr. Tan Yanjun was 41 years old and lived in the Ninth Group, Forty-fifth Neighborhood, Gongnong District, Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province. On March 1, 2000, he was arrested for the second time at his home and taken to the Xinnan Substation by police officer Zhang Ping (male). The policeman handcuffed him and took his house key from his pocket, and then confiscated all of his Falun Dafa books, stereo, cash and many valuables. Mr. Tan was sent to a detention center and held for seven months, where he endured all types of torture. As a result, he could no longer walk and at one point, was unconscious for nine days. Police were afraid of being held responsible for his death and released him after extorting two thousand yuan.

On the morning of January 9, 2002, Mr. Tan was arrested again by police officers Zhang Jun (male), Liu Bing (male), Jiang Jinsheng (male), and sent to the Hegang City First Detention Center. Gongnong District Station police deputy director Li Shujiang (male and the city's 610 Office director) often interrogated him using brutal torture. Li Shujiang said viciously, "If you do not speak, we will beat your 206 bones one at a time. If we beat you to death, you will just be part of the quota we are allowed to kill. If you are not dead, your last breath would do!" Mr. Tan was beaten so brutally that he became sick with heart disease and a ruptured eardrum, and his whole body was paralyzed. He could only lie down on the floor and could not take care of himself.

Even though Mr. Tan Yanjun's life was in danger, he was still sentenced to nine years in prison. The detention center also denied his family visitation rights. The lawless police tried to have him admitted to the prison several times, but were rejected due to his severe physical condition. His family tried to rescue him many times from the police, but it was no use. When he was on his deathbed, he was bailed out on medical parole in the middle of November 2004, and died at around noon on February 27, 2005.

Relevant phone numbers:

Hegang City First Detention Center, Director Office, 86-468-3400777, Operator, 86-468-3406171

Gongnong District Police Station in Hegang City, Director's Office, 86-468-3423113,Deputy Director's Office, 86-468-3422575