Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Practitioners in Hebei Province Who Died During the Persecution

March 31, 2005 |  


Practitioner Mr. Jia Ronglin from Fengrun District, Tangshan City Died in November 2003

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Jia Ronglin, 41 years old, lived in Fengrun Town, Fengrun District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province. He went to Beijing to appeal in 2001 and was arrested. He was held at a local detention center, fined ten thousand yuan, and released after being detained for 15 days. During his detention, Mr. Jia was forced to write a Guarantee Statement and fined another five thousand yuan. He wrote a solemn declaration later, stating that his guarantee statement was now null and void. He was then abducted to a brainwashing class and fined two thousand yuan by officers from the Fengrun District 610 office and Police Substation. Six months later, Mr. Jia was arrested and held in Fengrun Detention Center. After being fined another three thousand yuan, he was released in July 2001. The local police kept harassing him, trying to arrest him, and ransacking his home. He was forced to become homeless in order to avoid being arrested. After suffering through all of the persecution, Mr. Jia died suddenly on November 9, 2003.

Ms. Li Shuzhen from Nanpi County, Hebei Province Died in 2004

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Shuzhen, 57 years old, lived in Sanli Village, Liubali Town, Nanpi County, Hebei Province. She was a steadfast practitioner of Falun Dafa. She was harassed, threatened, arrested, and detained by local police many times. She was kept in a small dark room at Liubali Town Police Substation for nine days in August 2000. On December 27, 2000, Ms. Li was arrested by Police Substation Director Fu Renpo (male), detained at the Police Substation for 45 days, and spent the Chinese New Year there. On November 6, 2002, she was once again dragged into a vehicle and held at the Nanpi County Detention Center. Ms. Li was sentenced to two months at Tangshan Labor Camp, but the camp rejected her because of her high blood pressure. On February 6, 2003, police tried to send her once more to Tangshan Labor Camp, and she was rejected again for the same reason. As a result of the persecution she endured, Ms. Li Shuzhen died on May 24, 2004.