Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Information about the Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners at the Changchun Police Station and Jilin Prison (Illustrations)

March 11, 2005 |  


1. The Persecution at the Changchun City Police Station

On one hand, Jiang Zemin's regime and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) claim to respect human rights, while on the other hand, they are implementing a bloody persecution of the innocent and compassionate people who practice Falun Gong. They have used many kinds of tortures against Falun Gong practitioners. In the middle of March 2003, Falun Dafa practitioners Liang Zhenxing, Lei Ming, Liu Chengjun, Wu Yifeng, Wang Jing, and others suffered persecution, brutal torture, and interrogation at the No.1 Department of the Changchun City Police Station in Jilin Province and in the Development Zone Criminal Police Team. The torture methods included sitting on a Tiger Bench, covering the head with plastic bags, nailing pins into fingernails, handcuffing practitioners' wrists behind their back, shocking with electronic batons, burning with screw drivers heated until red-hot on electric burners, among other cruel tortures. Once, during the freezing winter weather, they stripped off all of Liang Zhenxing's clothes, poured cold water over him and left him outdoors overnight. Liu Chengjun was later shot in the leg by the police, and he was eventually tortured to death in Jilin Prison.

High Resolution Picture
Torture method: Covering the head with a plastic bag in order to suffocate practitioners

2. Depriving Practitioners of the Right of Family Visits and Brutal Force-Feeding

On September 24, 2004, Falun Dafa practitioner Sun Qian's family went to the No. 11 Area of Jilin Prison to see him. However, while in the visiting room, the police from the education department would not approve their visit. Sun Qian argued strongly based on reason, but he still did not get to see his family. In order to protest the police's illegal behavior, he went on a hunger strike. On September 27, the prison arranged a "special" visit. The friend who visited Sun Qian asked him to eat and to renounce Falun Gong as soon as possible. Sun Qian completely refused. Director Tong, who was watching, was very angry and immediately ended the visit. The police continuously tried to persuade and threaten Sun Qian to eat. Sun Qian did not yield, but asked for his normal right to see his family. By the afternoon of September 30, Sun Qian had become extremely weak. The police put him in a small confinement area and tied him to a bed to brutally force-feed him.

High Resolution Picture

In addition, other Falun Dafa practitioners, such as Liang Zhenxing's family, could not visit them, either. The excuse used by the officials was that the practitioners were being punished for "not performing well" (i.e. not renouncing Falun Gong).

3. Practitioner Zhang Jianhua Died the Torture of Being Stretched

At the end of 2003, in order to show that China respects human rights and to give the appearance of working to improve the administration of prisons, the Chinese government announced news laws forbidding the Judiciary Department, the police, prison guards, and all other law-enforcement personnel from interrogating people using torture, physical punishment, or other kinds of covert physical punishment. However, on December 29, 2003, in Jilin Prison, Yushu City Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Jianhua went on a hunger strike to protest being physically punished and tortured in the so-called "Education Class." Zhang Jianhua was later sent to a strict administration area, where he was tied up and stretched on a bed. His whole body was hanging in the air from the taut ropes pulling on his arms and legs. This kind of stretching is extremely painful. After force-feeding him, prisoners Guo Yumin and Ding Shaosong and others grabbed him by his clothes and rammed his body against the wooden bed boards underneath him. They even made fun of Zhang's painful moans. Around 4 p.m. the next day, Zhang Jianhua was near death; several prisoners carried him in a blanket and sent him to the hospital. They figured from their past experience that it was reasonable to let him die in the hospital. The next morning, Zhang Jianhua was confirmed dead. The prison personnel tried their best to cover up the crime and never investigated or prosecuted anyone.

4. Jilin Prison's Brutal Beating and Strict Administration Area

Ever since Jilin Prison started detaining Falun Dafa practitioners, they have persecuted many practitioners until they were severely injured. In July 2003, Falun Dafa practitioner Wu Yifeng refused to write the "Four Pledges" [a form of Guarantee Statement] and other statements ordered by the guards. Mr. Wu was illegally persecuted in that prison and had been beaten up many times. When the perpetrators saw that the beatings were useless, they transferred him to the "Strict Administration" area and forcibly tied him to a bed and left his body hanging in air from the tightened straps. An ordinary person can rarely bear this torture for even half an hour. However, Wu Yifeng never yielded to the evil and refused to renounce Falun Dafa. After 2 hours, he was in shock. The prisoner who was watching him was afraid of having to take the responsibility for this crime and urged the guards to let him down. After six months of abuse, practitioner Wu Yifeng finally came out of the Strict Administration area and was transferred to another prison.

High Resolution Picture

At the beginning of June 2004, just because Falun Dafa practitioner Chao Zhonghua said a few words to other practitioners, he was beaten up the next day in the workshop by Zhang Dehui, Xu Guoming, Wang Long, Feng Zhenying, and others. Three of his teeth were knocked out from the beating. Prison guard Zhao Jinbiao not only refused to punish those who beat practitioner Chao, but he also put Mr. Chao in the Strict Administration area. Practitioner Chao was released from the Strict Administration area after 3 months. In order to persecute Dafa practitioners, Jilin Prison organized a so-called "Education Class" to physically punish practitioners in an attempt to force them to give up practicing Falun Gong. Usually, they forced practitioners to sit for several months or even half a year. They also use other prisoners to frequently beat up and persecute practitioners. In June 2003 the Education Class was over. However, several steadfast practitioners were frequently detained in the Strict Administration area. Because of long-term physical torture, these practitioners' bodies were severely injured. Lei Ming and Sun Changde could not walk normally, until very recently. Lei Ming's leg muscles are still withered.

High Resolution Picture

5. "Correcting"

At the beginning of 2004, after Jilin Prison transferred away particularly firm practitioners, they started another round of persecution on the practitioners left in the prison. At the beginning of March, they gradually put dozens of practitioners in confinement to "correct" them. "Correcting" them is to bind a practitioner's arms and legs into four metal shackles on a wooden bed that could be used to stretch practitioners. This torture greatly damages one's body. The metal shackles can cut into the flesh. In the middle of March 2004, Falun Dafa practitioner Yu Hongfei refused to renounce Falun Gong and was sent to confinement to be "corrected" after he started a hunger strike. After he was force-fed for over 40 days, Mr. Yu was sent to the Strict Administration area. Because of long term force-feeding, his digestive system was weak and he needed to use the toilet frequently. However, the prisoner who was watching him did not allow him to use the bathroom. As a result, he was forced to defecate in his pants three times.

Jilin Prison phone: 86-432-488151, 86-432-488152, 86-432-488153