Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Four Falun Dafa Practitioners from Xinji City, Hebei Province Die as a Result of the Persecution

February 26, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Yang Yanyun, 49, was a laid-off worker in Xinji City, Hebei Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1999 and benefited both mentally and physically from the practice. Ms. Yang's husband was also a Dafa practitioner. In June 2001, Ms. Yang was arrested by the Jianshe Street Police Station in Xinji City. She was beaten with wooden clubs and electric batons for an entire day, rendering her unable to walk. Her head became severely swollen, and she was unable to open her eyes. After the beating, she was locked up in a detention center for six months, where she was brutally tortured. Later, she was forcibly transferred to a brainwashing class to be further persecuted. She was once deprived of sleep for four consecutive days, and was bombarded with propaganda. These people also exerted pressure on her family members. The long-term physical and mental torture resulted in Ms. Yang Yanyun's black hair turning completely white. The torture also caused her to become mentally dazed at times. For these several years, the couple was harassed and intimidated by people from the city 610 Office and the Jianshe Street Police Station countless times. They were extorted out of nearly 30,000 yuan, and their house was illegally searched many times. Due to the long-term mental pressure and persecution, Ms. Yang Yanyun died in January 2004.

Dafa practitioner Ms. He Zang, 52, was a retired employee in Xinji City, Hebei Province. She was harassed, intimidated, and had her house searched many times by the local police. After she was illegally detained for many days, she was sent to a brainwashing class to be persecuted. Ms. He Zang died as a result of the persecution in January 2004.

Dafa practitioner Ms. Wu Huaxiang, 59, was a resident of Xinji City. She was locked up in the detention center three times, and her house was searched. She was also sent to the brainwashing class to be persecuted. Ms. Wu Huaxiang died in December 2003.

Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Cangzhen, 50, was a resident of Xinji City. Her husband is also a Dafa practitioner. Their house was searched, and they were intimidated and extorted out of money by the police. Under the heavy pressure, she suffered a mental collapse and died in December 2003.

Right before New Year's Day of 2001, Liu Jiliang (male, about 40 years old), the deputy mayor in charge of politics and law departments in Xinji City, said in a meeting of police, judicial officers, and public prosecutors that, "We should be tougher on Falun Gong practitioners and use all means available to accomplish that." Li Shuangzao, Director of the Police Department, said, "What we have already done violated the law." Liu Jiliang said, "No problem. The orders for executing the law exclude Falun Gong." Two or three days before New Year's Day of 2001, at least 35 practitioners in Xinji City, including Wu Huaxiang and He Zang, were illegally arrested and sent to the detention center to be persecuted. When the words "Falun Dafa Is Good" appeared on a wall of the detention center, the policemen forced practitioners to wipe it off. After their order was refused, they became furious and beat the practitioners. Yang Hongli, a guard, shouted, "Beat them up. I will be responsible if they are beaten to death." Another vicious policeman named Zhen shouted, "Strip off their clothes! We don't care that they are women."