Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of Other Articles and News - February 6, 2005

February 22, 2005 |  


Facts of the Persecution

1. [Xingtang County, Hebei Province] The 610 Office Arrests Over 20 Falun Dafa Practitioners

Throughout Xingtang County the 610 Office is illegally detaining and arresting practitioners both day and night. Practitioners are beaten, their homes searched and their Falun Dafa books taken away or destroyed. On November 11, 2004 in Shangpai Township of Xingtang county, police officers arrested practitioners as they delivered truth clarifying materials. After this occurred, over 100 practitioners came to appeal to the county government, but were arrested by a large group of police officers. So far over 20 practitioners, including Mr. Qian Yuzhong, Mr. Fan Ruihai, Ms. Yang Xiaocui, Mr. Qian Xiaoli, Ms. Li Xiuying, Xiaoshe, Ms. Zhang Rongjie, Mr. Zhao Genying and others are detained at the detention center. It is rumored that the authorities intend to sentence them heavily.

(Chinese version available at: http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/2/6/94933.html)

2. [Luanxian County, Tangshan City] Facts of the Persecution of Ms. Liu Jianping

My name is Liu Jianping, also known as Liu Guirong previously. I am 34 years old, formerly a worker at the Guangjian Plastic Product Company of Tangshan City. On May 16, 2001, I went to the Luanxian County Police Department to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa to officers, but they detained me at the County Detention Center. Police officers at the First Section bound me with rope and forced me to sit upright while they trampled on my legs. The third day, they paraded five of us practitioners together with criminals on the streets and threatened our family members. To protest the illegal long-term detention, we wrote and co-signed a letter to the County Communist Party Committee. On May 29 we were sent to a detention center for three months. On August 29, 2001, I was sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp and transported to the First Forced Labor Camp of Hebei Province. I stayed at the camp for 8 months and was released in April 2002.

3. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Facts of Persecution of Practitioners

On July 20, 1999, officers of the Luocheng Township detained more than ten Falun Dafa practitioners from the Yujiayaohe Village at the Village Office courtyard. Practitioners were forced to stand for long periods of time, to watch videos that slandered Faun Dafa, were deprived of sleep for three days, and were fined. In May 2000, Ms. Jiang Chunxiang and Liang Suqing went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa, but were escorted back and detained at the village office. On May 1, 2000, practitioners Liu Tuilu, Ms. Xu Jinhui from the Luocheng township, along with Ms. Ning Xiuying and Ms. Fu Lianhua from the Zhangqiao Village, went to Beijing to appeal, but were escorted back by officers led by Han Zhidong, head of the legal enforcement section. At the township police station, officers Zhao Zhenhong and Han Zhendong participated in striking practitioners hands with thin rods, kicking and slapping them, and depriving them of sleep. About 20 days later, Zhao Zhenhong and Han forced female practitioners to lie down on the concrete floor and beat them with rubber sticks. If the practitioners said they would keep on practicing Falun Gong, they would be beaten. Their bodies were injured all over. Later, the four women were sent to the Beiluo Mental Hospital. In June 2000, Jiang Chunxiang walked alone to Beijing to appeal for a fair treatment of Falun Dafa, but was escorted back and detained at the Shouguang Public Security Detention Center for 15 days.

In June 2000, Zhao Zhenhong, Han Zhendong, and police head Liu Zongli ordered officers in the township government to torture over ten practitioners include Ms. Xu Jinhui, Ms. Ning Xiuying, Ms. Fu Lianhua, Liang Suqing, Yang Kejun, Xia Aiguo, Ding Meiping and others. In 38-degree (Celsius) temperatures, officers forced practitioners to lie down on hot concrete floors to suffer from heat exposure. At night, Zhao Zhenhong ordered others to whip practitioners with plastic pipes and trample on their thighs and toes. The torture lasted for a period of about ten days, during which practitioners were not even offered drinking water. One night, Liang Suqing and Fu Lianhua fainted during a beating, were given intravenous fluids and then sent to the Beiluo Mental Hospital. Two days later, Xu Jinhui and Ning Xiuying were also sent there. Zhao Zhenhong ordered doctors to force psychotropic medication upon practitioners three times a day. These medicines are strong and only to be used for mentally ill patients. In January 2001, practitioners Sun Meixiu, Sun Aixiang, Sun Meilian, Zhao Sulan, Liang Suqing, and Jiang Chunxiang went to Beijing to appeal. Village officers informed the township police station about the issue and the practitioners were taken to the police station. Police head Wu Bo slapped their faces, beat them brutally, and handcuffed them to trees to suffer from cold winter temperatures. The same evening, they were sent to the Shouguang Detention Center. Jiang Chunxiang, Sun Aixiang, and Zhao Sulan suffered violent beatings during a one-month detention period. Liang Suqing, Sun Meixiu and Sun Meilian were detained for 15 days. In 11 Celsius below zero temperature, officers left the windows open so practitioners would freeze, poured cold water over them, and beat them with rubber clubs, which left bruises all over their backs. After 15 days of detention, they were then detained at the police station for 8 more days.

(Chinese version available at: http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/2/6/94936.html)

4. [Yitong County, Jilin Province] Facts of Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners at Yidan Township

In November 2002, the Yidan township head Wang Xianglai and police head Xu Jinjiang went to every practitioner's home to force them to sign a "guarantee" to stop the practice of Falun Dafa. Mr. Wang Yun, a teacher at the Third Middle School, was abducted to the police station. Driver Wang Laowu punched Wang Yun in the face and handcuffed him to the leg of a bed. Later Wang Yun was sent to the county detention center and detained there for 18 days. On March 13, 2002, Mr. Li Meilin was abducted to the Dongjie Police Station from home and his home was searched. On March 14 and 15, police officers at the Dongjie station interrogated and tortured Li Meilin. He was heavily shackled and forced to walk in the courtyard until his feet bled. Li endured abuse such as sleep deprivation, lack of food and water and exposure to extremely cold temperatures. Later Li Meilin was sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp.

On May 14, 2002, officers sent 9 practitioners, 3 women and 6 men, to Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. In the camp practitioners were not allowed to talk, and were forced to sit on a small stool or plate without moving or they would be beaten up. If practitioners attempted to appeal their situation, they were tortured by police officers. On one occasion Li Meilin fainted after he was tortured so much that he was covered with injuries. After Li Meilin was sent back to his cell, he was forced to sit on a stool for 22 hours a day. Once a month he endured intensive "reform" in which he was cruelly tortured. Because of this he became emaciated and unable to walk. None of the practitioners gave in or became "reformed." Later the camp coerced criminals to torture practitioners. They forced practitioners to sit on the ground with 2 bricks under their legs and a thick wooden plate on top. Then two criminals stood on the plate to inflict pain on the practitioners. On August 29, 2002, all of the practitioners were transferred to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, where they were beaten until they were covered with injuries. Police officers used electric batons, whips with triangle shaped ends, steel wires, etc to torture practitioners. Li Meilin's teeth became loose from the torture. Mr. Bai Xiaojun was tortured to death. Mr. Jiao Mingfeng from Yushu County was tortured until his legs were paralyzed. Mr. Tian Junlong from Yitong County was tortured to near death and then was sent back home, where he later died.

(Chinese version available at: http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/2/6/94948.html)

5. [Zhucheng City, Shandong province] Recent Crimes Committed by Policeman Zhu Pengde

At around 1:30 p.m. on February 1, 2005, Zhu Pengde led several police officers to the home of Ms. Wang Lili. They searched her home and abducted her to the police station. The same afternoon at around 2:30 p.m., they searched Wang Lili's husband Wang Hongwei's painting and calligraphy store and abducted Wang Hongwei. The couple was sent to the Zhucheng City Detention Center. At around 3:30 p.m., they abducted Ms. Dong Yuehua at the Longcheng Market. At about 5 p.m., they searched another new practitioner's home.

(Chinese version available at: http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/2/6/94945.html)

6. [Yitong County, Jilin Province] Crimes Committed by Police Officers Li Xiaodong, Sun Shuping and Fu Lijun

My name is Sun Yafang. I am 38 years old and a resident of the Qingde Village, Yitong Township, Yitong County. My husband Gong Lin and I were at home at noon on September 12, 2004, when suddenly our home was broken into by police officers Li Xiaodong, Sun Shuping and Fu Lijun from the Yitong County police brigade, together with officers from the Xijie police station. My husband and I were then arrested. They brutally interrogated and tortured me for an extended period of time, which severely affected me both mentally and spiritually. On the fifth day of detention, my heart showed abnormal symptoms and I could not bear the suffering any longer. They sent me to a hospital, where I was diagnosed as having serious heart problems. Because I was in critical condition, my family was told to take me home.

(Chinese version available at: http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/2/6/94934.html)