Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zheng Nianjie from Shenzhou City, Hebei Province Died in 2002

February 16, 2005 |  


Mr. Zheng Nianjie was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Beikou Village, Mucun Township, Shenzhou City, Hebei Province. His entire family started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1996. He used to be very weak and suffered from many illnesses. After practicing Falun Dafa, he fully recovered. He was always very nice, honest, and had a kind heart. He was famous in the Village for his good temperament. However, because he firmly kept his faith, he was persecuted many times and suffered numerous internal injuries. He died in October 2002 from torture in a labor camp.

Mr. Zheng Nianjie was fifty years old. He went to Beijing to appeal on April 25, 1999, and was brutally beaten and detained by local police, who extorted 200 yuan from him before they released him. He went to Beijing to appeal again on July 20, 1999, and was beaten and detained by local police again. He passed out three times during detention, because of torture by police, but they poured cold water on him to revive him each time. He was so weak after the tortures that they extorted 1,000 yuan and released him to avoid the risk of being responsible for his death.

In October 1999, Mr Zheng several police raided and ransacked his home, then arrested him. They confiscated his Falun Dafa books and materials. While in custody, they shocked him with electric batons, and beat him with a wooden stick. At the same time that he was being detained, his wife and fifteen years old daughter were on their way to Beijing to appeal. After several months, both he and his wife were sentenced to three years at forced labor in the Shijiazhuang City Labor Camp. Mr. Zheng was in the Fifth Ward and his wife was in the Fourth Women's Ward. Their fifteen years old daughter is home alone. Both were cruelly beaten by prisoners and police, as well as tortured. Mr. Zheng became very weak, so he was released on a medical parole in May 2001. At home, police repeatedly harassed him and closely monitored him. He never recovered due to the constant mental and physical pressure. Less than a year after his wife returned, he died. His family will never have a proper reunion.