Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Mr. Pan Xingfu, a Post Office Employee, Has Died as a Result of Persecution

February 11, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Pan Xingfu from Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province was 33 years old, an employee of the Shuangyashan City Post Office. He was tortured repeatedly because he upheld his faith, and he died in January 2005.

All members of Mr. Pan's family are Falun Dafa practitioners. After July 20, 1999, they solidly safeguarded and validated the Fa. Mr. Pan was arrested multiple times, and he was sentenced to prison at the beginning of 2002. Police initially sent him to the Qitaihe Prison, and then later transferred him to the Mudanjiang Prison. He was tortured and almost died in July 2004. Police allowed his family to carry him home. He was taken to the Hospital of Infectious Diseases for one week. Jiang's followers took away his job, and his family was forced to live a very hard life. Mr. Pan, his mother and his young son had to live on his mother's monthly income of 180 yuan.

His wife Zhang Li had been sentenced to nine years in prison for speaking out against the persecution of Falun Dafa. She has been jailed in the Harbin Women's Prison since April 2003.

Mr. Pan's physical condition began to severely deteriorate in January 2005. He could not afford any medical treatment or even emergency aid at the hospital. He died on January 31, 2005, at 11 PM. On February 2, 2005, his family and more than 100 Falun Dafa practitioners held a memorial service for him.

At 5 AM on February 2, 2005, police and local 610 Office workers were waiting at the funeral home. Witnesses saw Du Zhanyi (from the 610 Office, murderer of Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Ji Songshan, and who also beat Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Deng Chunying to the point that he was physically disabled) sitting inside a black vehicle with license plate HeilongjiangJK1012. This vehicle was parked near the ash collection site the entire time, and someone inside the car was filming with a video camera. After the funeral ended, this vehicle followed the one that took Falun Dafa practitioners from the Lingdong region back home. There have been unconfirmed reports that several fellow practitioners from the Lingdong region were arrested later that afternoon.