Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Ms. Deng Jianmei Suffers Heart Attack after Prolonged Torture, Including Excessive Draining of Her Blood, in Harbin Women's Prison (Photos)

December 30, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Heilongjiang Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Deng Jianmei is a 40-year-old practitioner in Daqing City. After July 1999 when the persecution began she was repeatedly illegally arrested and was fired from her job. Her husband divorced her and she was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. She was held at the Harbin Women's Prison where she was forced to sit on the concrete floor for six months. The perpetrators assaulted her breasts and private areas and knocked out two of her lower front teeth when force-feeding her. They hit her with sticks and pinched her eyelids with tweezers. After her eyelids were wounded and bleeding they poured detergent on her eyes. Zhao Yingling and Zhao Huihua, the head and deputy head of the prison hospital, led more than ten guards and more than twenty inmates to pin down Deng Jianmei and others and draw out large amounts of blood. Deng Jianmei had a heart attack from this torture. Her body still trembles and she is depressed even to this day.

Falun Gong practitioners took a picture across the partition glass while visiting Deng Jianmei at Harbin Women's Prison. Two of Deng Jianmei's lower front teeth are missing

Deng Jianmei recounts the painful heart attack

Deng Jianmei worked at the Huaneng (Xinhua) Corporation Ltd. On July 21, 1999, she went to the provincial government to appeal for Falun Gong, where she was arrested and taken to the provincial stadium. She was released in the afternoon, but the local police listed her as a main persecution target and withheld her ID. She had to apply for leave whenever she wished to travel outside the city. The police called her at all hours of the day to harass her. She was forced to report to the police station on so-called "sensitive days" where she was reproached and subjected to coercion for the purpose of having her write a guarantee statement.

On October 3, 2000, Deng Jianmei went to Beijing to appeal again and was arrested in Tiananmen Square the next day. On October 7, 2000, Zuo Ke at the Daqing City Liaison Office in Beijing extorted 500 yuan from her. On October 8, Zhang Ming and Lu Jun from her employer's Security Division, and Li Jiguo, head of the local police station, took her back to Daqing City. On October 9, workshop head Liu Jing extorted over 2,500 yuan from her. She was directly sent to the Datong District Police Department in Daqing City to be interrogated. She was convicted on groundless charges and then sent to the Daqing Detention Center. Guard Han took 100 yuan cash from her. After her release on November 3, officials from her work unit and the police still monitored her closely. The police called her throughout the day and sometimes summoned her to the police station to "assist with the investigation." They threatened to arrest her if she didn't cooperate with them. Her company designated personnel at her workshop to watch her. Company managers at various levels tried to brainwash her and didn't permit her to visit her family during the holidays.

Also on October 8, 2000, Deng Jianmei was unlawfully deprived of employment and placed on one-year probation. She was given only 320 yuan monthly as a basic living allowance. Later they allotted her a one-time 400 yuan stipend due to her difficult situation.

Between May 29 and May 30, 2001, Liu Wenhua, secretary of a fuel company Party committee, and Liu Jing, head of the workshop, told her that they would restore her position, but only under the condition that she "reform" within three days, write guarantee statements to aid in reforming other Falun Gong practitioners and attack Falun Gong on TV. In order to avoid such severe persecution, Deng Jianmei left home on May 30, 2001. The company fired her and the police listed her as "wanted by the police" on the Internet.

The police also constantly harassed her family and relatives. Deng Jianmei's mother-in-law used to suffer from severe heart disease and high blood pressure. She gradually recovered from all of her diseases after learning Falun Gong. The mother-in-law stopped practicing due to pressure after the persecution began on July 20, 1999. Later she could not speak and became paralyzed as the illnesses returned. She also greatly missed Deng Jianmei, who was living in exile, and soon passed away. Deng Jianmei's husband Zhang Jiasheng had his salary suspended and was given only 300 yuan a month to live because his wife practices Falun Gong. He was also fined 3,000 yuan cash. He could not endure such persecution and divorced Deng Jianmei.

On the evening of October 31, 2002, more than 20 police cars surrounded the residence of practitioners Deng Jianmei, Lu Shuqin, Wang Fajuan and Zhai Zhibin in Donghu. At 8:00 a.m. on November 1, officers from the Chengfeng Criminal Police Division from Ranghulu District broke in and savagely beat the practitioners. They took the practitioners to the Daqing City Detention Center.

Sexual assault, cruel force-feeding and draining of blood

On January 27, 2003, Ranghulu District Court personnel sentenced Deng Jianmei to seven years in prison in violation of the Chinese constitution. Deng Jianmei appealed, but the sentence was upheld in the summer of 2003 and she was sent to the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison in Harbin City. At Division 9 of the prison, the prison guards brutally beat the practitioners to make them do slave labor and forced them to sit on the cold concrete floor until midnight. The practitioners were given only half a steamed bun at each meal and were not allowed to buy food. One inmate gave some extra porridge to the practitioners and was betrayed by inmate Yang Jing. This inmate did not receive any points for that month. (Note: the inmates receive sentence reductions when they have accumulated a certain number of points. Some inmates cruelly persecute Falun Gong practitioners to earn extra points).

On February 9, 2004, more than 50 practitioners including Deng Jianmei at Division 9 refused to respond to roll call and were savagely beaten by guard Yan Yuhua. Guard Zhang Xiuli encouraged murderer Long Juan to beat the practitioners. Ms. Deng Jianmei was tortured with "big back cuffing" [One hand is pulled over the shoulder towards the back, while the other hand is twisted behind the back near the waist. The hands are handcuffed together and a bottle or board is inserted between the arms and back, which tightens the handcuffs against the skin and causes bleeding. This torture causes intense pain]. Practitioners were also forced to stand outside in the freezing cold and/or locked in solitary confinement cells. The practitioners held a hunger strike to protest this inhuman treatment. Guard Zhang Xiuli ordered inmates Zhao Xueling, Hou Guiqin, Wang Lili and Pang Hongyan to force-feed the practitioners.

On March 12, 2004, authorities from Division 9 subjected more than 20 practitioners to a round of forced brainwashing. Group head Liu Zhiqiang said, "We'll reform them at all costs." Division 9 is the evil reform headquarters where torture and brainwashing are used in combination to destroy the practitioners' will. Jia Wenjun, head of Division 9, and Zhang Xiuli, a group head at Division 9 led the persecution. They savagely beat the female practitioners inside a building that used to hold male inmates. About five perpetrators pinned down one practitioner and beat her from head to toe. They forbid practitioners from sleeping and forced them to watch Dafa-slandering videotapes. When Dafa practitioners recited Master's writings, the perpetrators sealed their mouths and tied both of their hands to their heads. The inmates kept verbally abusing the practitioners. They even kicked the practitioners' private areas and hit the practitioners' heads and feet with brooms. They sat on the practitioners' backs and further insulted them.

Deng Jianmei held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The head guard of Division 9 didn't call the doctor but instead ordered inmates to force-feed her. About five inmates stepped on her hands and feet, while one inmate pinched her nose and poured food into her mouth from a bottle. They verbally assaulted her throughout the process. The risk of food entering her lungs was present with each feeding.

Guards Zhang Xiaoying, Qu Hua and Tian Chuang, who were in charge of "reform," ordered the inmates to monitor practitioners and not to let them recite Dafa articles. They often searched the cells and the practitioners. They even tore open the practitioners' quilts to search for Master's articles.

Guard Zhang Xiaoying told the inmates not to leave any scars when beating the practitioners. They should hit the practitioners' private parts and breasts, and other areas normally hidden from public view. Inmate Wan Zhongli tortured practitioner Wang Yuzhuo for over one month. Inmate Chen Zenglian hit Deng Jianmei with a stick. Deng Jianmei had two lower front teeth knocked out during force-feeding. The guards called practitioner Liu Kun out and beat her because she was reading Master's articles. Liu Kun shouted, "The guards are beating me!" Guard Kou Caicai removed her uniform and stripped down to her underwear saying, "Now I'm not a guard anymore. I'll beat you if I want to!" While torturing Deng Jianmei, the inmates pinched her eyelids with tweezers. After her eyelids began to bleed, the inmates sprayed her eyes with detergent.

Re-enactment of blood drawing

Re-enactment of solitary confinement

On March 21, 2005, Zhao Yingling and Zhao Huihua, the head and deputy head of the prison hospital, led more than ten guards and more than 20 inmates to pin down the practitioners and withdraw their blood. They claimed to be performing "tests" on the practitioners. After a restroom break the practitioners returned to the dorm. The perpetrators made a group of six practitioners stay in the hallway. The guards played songs at a high volume and dragged the practitioners away. Practitioner Nie Xumei was the first to be dragged away. When she returned, the blood vessels on her arms were swollen, and her face was red and swollen. The guards ordered inmates Zhao Xueling, Bo Lijun, Nie Qing and others to attack the practitioners. Inmate He Shuhua threw a practitioner on the ground and other inmates yanked her hair and dragged her into the office. This practitioner is 51 years old and has high blood pressure. The inmates stepped on her stomach, arms and legs and drew blood from her.

While the torture of drawing blood was taking place the guards ordered five inmates to beat the practitioners. Practitioners Wang Jinfan, Wang Yuzhuo, Zhang Baoying and Deng Jianmei could not walk afterwards. Deng Jianmei was frightened and suffered a heart attack. Her body trembled uncontrollably. Her family requested medical parole but the authorities denied their requests. Deng Jianmei was transferred to Division 8 in September 2005 and continues to be persecuted.

Perpetrators at Division 9 of the Harbin Women's Prison, also called the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison

Liu Zhiqiang, group head
Jia Wenjun, group head
Yan Yuhua, group head

Related phone numbers

Harbin Women's Prison: 86-451-86639059, 86639069
Harbin Women's Prison main switchboard: 86-451-86684001, 86684002, 86684003
Zhao Yingling, head of the prison hospital: main switchboard ext. 8053
Xu Longjiang, head of the prison: main switchboard, ext. 8001
Political secretary of the prison: main switchboard ext. 8002
Chu Xiuhua, female, political secretary: 86-451-86684001 ext. 3003
Wu Yanjie, head of Group 4
Tao Shuping, head of Group 4
Zhen Jie, head of Division 8: 86-451-86358314
Yan Yuhua, division head
Yang Hua, division head
Cui Yan, division head
Zhang Xiuli, head of Division 9, 86-451-86359539
He Songmei, head of Division 8
Zhang Chunhua, head of Division 8
Lu: head of Group Drill Division
Kang Pan X, group head
Xia, group head
Yang Libin, head of the Prison Politics Section: main switchboard ext. 8142,
Xiao Lin, head of the Prison Investigation Section: main switchboard ext. 8130, 86-13845193360 (cell)
Cong Xin, deputy prison head
Zhu Shuhua, deputy prison head
Liu Zhiqiang, deputy prison head, in charge of medical parole
Harbin Women's Prison Inspection Office: 86-451-82030982
Binjiang Procuratorate reporting hotline in Harbin City: 86-451-86663178
Binjiang area Procuratorate reporting hotline in Harbin City: 86-451-82359148
Binjiang area Procuratorate in the Women's Prison in Harbin City: 86-451-86663178

Heilongjiang Province Prison Administration Bureau
Address: No 79 Hanguang Street, Nangang District, Harbin City
Zip code: 150080
Phone: 86-451-6335924