(Clearwisdom.net) Since July 20, 1999, when the persecution of Falun Gong started, many faculty, staff and student practitioners at Northeast Normal University and its affiliated secondary school have been persecuted. When Jiang Zemin ordered the suppression of Falun Gong in 1999, he said to: "damage their reputations, cut them off financially, and destroy their physical bodies." For new students, if they refuse to renounce Falun Dafa, they are not allowed to start school, whether they are graduate or undergraduate students. For those graduating students, if they continue to practice, the university will not help them get a job.
Faculty members as well as students are forced to write "guarantee statements." The school authorities conduct illegal searches of students' dormitories, expel students, dismiss staff/faculty, impose fines, and drive students out of residence halls. The school authorities even cooperate with the police department to send practitioners to forced labor camps, detention centers, and brainwashing centers. All of these forms of persecution inflict pain and difficulty on practitioners and their families.
So far, one practitioner has died as a result of the persecution, and many have been sent to forced labor camps, lost their jobs or been expelled from school. Over 30 practitioners have been detained. The following is a partial account.
1) Mr. Bai Xiaojun, 36 years old, had a Masters in Philosophy and was a faculty member of the university. After July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong many times and was detained numerous times. In July of 2000, he was sentenced to forced labor for one year and jailed at both Fenjin Forced Labor Camp and Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. During his detention, he endured all kinds of tortures and was seriously injured. At one point Mr. Bai was sent to a hospital run by the police department. On February 12, 2002, he was released from the forced labor camp a full 7 months after his term officially ended, and subsequently forced to undergo brainwashing at Changchun City Xinglong Mountain Brainwashing Center. Later on, he was illegally jailed at Changchun No.3 Detention Center for one month. Because he refused to renounce the practice, in April 2002 he was sent to a forced labor camp for the second time in three years and jailed in Changchun City Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp's No. 4 Brigade. Mr. Bai Xiaojun had scabies all over his body as a result of the abuses. However, the inmates (directed by the police) poured salt water on his body. In June 2003, he could not eat or drink any more and was bedridden for three weeks. On July 18, 2003, he died in the Changchun Hospital of Contagious Disease.
2) Mr. Xie Fei, 32, was a teacher at the secondary school. He has been persecuted on many occasions. In 2001, he was illegally detained and jailed at Changchun City's Tiebei Detention Center. After this he was dismissed by his employer and his residence was taken away from him. He has been displaced ever since. In March 2003, during the Chinese Communist Party's "Two Conferences" (People's Congress and the Conference for People's Political Consultation), he was secretly arrested by state security agents. He was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment after he painted pictures to praise Falun Dafa. He is now jailed in Changchun City's No.3 Detention Center. It's said that his hair has all turned grey.
3) Mr. Cai Ke, 32 years old, is also a teacher at the secondary school. He was jailed in July 2001 and held in Changchun City Balibao Detention Center. Later on he was dismissed from work. He was arrested in March 2003 by state security agents for painting pictures to praise Falun Dafa, and sentenced to 7 years imprisonment.
4) Mr. Sun Shibin, 48 years old, was a model teacher at the secondary school. He has been illegally detained and sent for forced labor where he was nearly tortured to death. He still has scars and injuries on his body caused by the tortures he suffered. His school has also stripped him of his right to teach.
5) Ms. Shan Lixin, 48 years old, was a model teacher in the secondary school. She has been suspended from work because she refuses to renounce her faith.
6) Mr. Jiang Song, 33 years old, is a doctor in a hospital affiliated with the two schools. In October 2001, he was sent to one year of forced labor because the police found Falun Dafa truth-clarification materials in his place.
7) Mr. Ma Guohua, 34 years old, is a librarian. In October 1999, he was jailed for four months after appealing in Beijing for justice for Falun Dafa. In June, 2001, he was illegally detained for three months for distributing Falun Dafa truth-clarification materials. Because of his faith, his employer refused to promote him. Now he has been suspended from work and receives no wages.
8) Ms. Sun Min is 47 years old and worked as support staff. In November 2000, she was illegally detained for distributing truth-clarification materials. She was later forced to resign from her job by her employer. She was one of those practitioners arrested during the arrest blitz of March 5, 2002 in Changchun City. Her house was also ransacked.
9) Ms. Wang Huilian, 32, was a lecturer in urban and environmental science. In 2000 she was accepted to be a Ph.D. candidate in Beijing University, but her candidacy was cancelled because of her belief. In 2001, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was illegally detained for 15 days. Then she was detained for half a year. Her salary was also cancelled. Because of Ms. Wang's faith, her employer labeled her as an unqualified teacher despite the fact that 900f her students gave her approval. In 2003, she was ordered not to teach and in March 2004, she was sent to forced labor.
10) Ms. He Jie, 30 years old, was a Ph.D student studying Japanese issues. In 1999, the local police department was afraid that she would go to Beijing so they put her under surveillance. In 2000, she was expelled from school.
11) Ms. Qi Jie, 27, is an undergraduate student in the Chemistry Department. In 2000, Qi Jie went to Beijing to appeal and was detained for 15 days. In 2001, although she was ranked first in her class, her admission was cancelled. She was later assigned to teach at Dandong No.2 Middle School. In 2002, Ms. Qi Jie went to Beijing again. She was sentenced to imprisonment.
12) Ms. Xu Ke, 23 years old, is an undergraduate student at the College of Liberal Arts. In 2003, she was accepted into a Master's program at Shanghai's Fudan University. However, since she refused to give up her faith, Northeast Normal University refused to release her file to Fudan University, resulting in her admission being cancelled.
13) Ms. He Jun, 26 years old, is an undergraduate student at the College of Liberal Arts. In July 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and was illegally detained. She was then suspended from school for one year. In 2000, Ms. He went to Beijing to appeal again and was arrested once again. She was released after her family was forced to pay a fine to guarantee that she would not go to Beijing again.
14) Ms. Bao Caihong is 26 years old and a math undergraduate student. In March 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was illegally detained for 15 days. In October 2001, while Ms. Bao was clarifying the truth to the students when someone reported her to the police, resulting in her being detained.
15) Ms. He Xuxuan is 28 years old and a physics student. In March 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was detained for 15 days. She was dismissed by her employer for her faith. She is now displaced.
Jiang's regime mobilized the media to smear Falun Dafa and deceive the Chinese people. Many practitioners went to Beijing to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa, however, they were persecuted by the police and government officials from all levels. The following students were detained for going to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa.
Ms. Yao Xiuling, 29 years old, Masters student in the Mathematic Department.
Ms. Sun Danting, 29 years old, Masters student in the Life Sciences Department.
Ms. Ren Shuxia, 32 years old, Masters student of International Business Administration.
Ms. Shao Rong, 25 years old, undergraduate student of the Foreign Language Institute.
Mr. Li Chuang, 28 years old, undergraduate student of Physics.
Mr. Li Jun, 28 years old, undergraduate student of International Business Administration.
Mr. Huang Wenfu, 29 years old, undergraduate student of International Business Administration.
Ms. Ding Xianping, 28 years old, undergraduate student of International Business Administration.
Mr. Lian Suoyuan, 26 years old, undergraduate student of Chemistry.
Ms. Cao Di, 25 years old, undergraduate student of Chemistry.
Ms.Wang Lifang, 26 years old, undergraduate student in the Department of Politics and Law.
The following teachers, students, and staff were subjected to expulsion from school, forced to write guarantee statements and fined.
Ms. Li Haizhen, 45 years old, faculty member of the Foreign Language Institute.
Ms. Yao Changli, 38 years old, support staff.
Ms Li Jiangyi, 45 years old, demoted from her position.
Ms. Xu Xuemei, 23 years old, undergraduate student at the College of Liberal Arts, illegally detained and fined.