Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Brutal Persecution of Ms. Gong Yanhong by Police in Beijing and Zhangjiakou in 2001

November 26, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On August 10, 2001, 21-year-old practitioner Ms. Gong Yanhong and her mother traveled from Jijiafang Village, Zhangjiakou City to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong and hold up banners on Tiananmen Square. The mother and the daughter were arrested by the police, forced to report their names and addresses, searched, and detained in a metal cage. They were beaten and verbally abused by the police, and not allowed to use the bathroom.

The following evening, Yanhong and her mother were handcuffed and sent to another building by police car, where they were forcibly photographed and fingerprinted. Then Yanhong was transferred to Lugouqiao Police Station in Beijing with three male Dafa practitioners. Two young policemen took one of the male practitioners into a cell. Soon screams and the noise of electric batons were heard: "Help! The policemen are killing me!" In a while, the two policemen dragged the body of the practitioner--who had lost consciousness from the torture--out of the cell and threw him to the ground. The other two practitioners were tortured and thrown onto the ground in turn.

Then Gong Yanhong was dragged into the torture cell. She was kicked in the back and fell to the floor. Then a policeman stepped on her back and another put his foot on her face, demanding that she give her name and address. Yanhong refused to answer. The policemen placed a 2-meter-long stick on her legs, stood on the stick and rolled it back and forth. Gong Yanhong's legs immediately bruised and swelled up, and she lost consciousness from the pain. They cuffed her hands behind her and forcefully lifted her arms while stepping on her back. Yanhong's arms felt as if they were being pulled out of socket, and she could not help screaming out loud. The policemen pushed soap into her mouth and forced her to bite down. They stuffed a dirty cloth used to clean shoes into her mouth and then shocked her with electric batons. A policeman tore off her top.

The policemen cut Gong Yanhong's hair and locked her into a 2-square-meter cage with water all over the floor. The torture severely bruised and battered Gong Yanhong's body. If she had not practiced Falun Gong, she would have been disabled. As a practitioner, she has strong belief in Dafa and Master, and no fear of the evil. The policemen cuffed her to a sewer pipe, forcing her to lie on the wet floor for the whole night.

The police returned the next morning and demanded that she tell them her name and address, but Gong Yanghong said nothing. The policemen handcuffed her and started to torture her again. Gong Yanhong lost consciousness from the pain again. After more torture, Gong Yanhong was dragged into a police car at around noon of August 13 and sent to the local detention center along with her mother.

Yanhong was severely injured and she'd had no food or water for four days. Her life was in danger. Fearing that she might die at the detention center, the officials sent her home. Her home was searched when she was detained at the police station. Her family was shocked that a healthy young girl had been tortured to near-death, while the police station and the township government extorted thousands of yuan from the family to buy the mother's release. Even though the family paid the money, Yanhong's mother was still unlawfully sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp and continued to be persecuted there.

On June 27, 2000, while she was doing the exercises in a small park near her home, practitioner Ms. Ding Lian was arrested and taken to the local police station. She was detained there for 15 days and fined 3300 yuan. She was not released until her life was in danger due to a hunger strike she started. Afterwards, the police assaulted her at her home several times and forcibly took her to the brainwashing center. The authorities at her workplace collaborated with the police with threats in order to try to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong. Fearing more persecution, her family prevented her from going outside. Her husband beat her and later divorced her after 40 years of marriage. The senseless persecution has had a devastating effect on the lives of Ms. Ding Lian, her children, and her family members and friends.

November 12, 2005