Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Relentless Persecution of Chongqing Practitioner Ms. Chen Tingfen and Her Family

November 18, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Chen Tingfen and her family, including her husband, daughters and son, have suffered constant persecution due to their firm belief in Falun Dafa. Chen Tingfen's husband Chen Xinshi was persecuted to death. Chen Tingfen has been illegally detained several times previously and on October 25, 2005, she was once again imprisoned and remains incarcerated.

Ms. Chen, 60 years old, held a senior managerial position in the Training Department of the Chongqing Steel Corporation. Her hometown is in Dayanyi Village, Dadukou District, Chongqing City. Ms. Chen she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1994. Her husband, Chen Xinshi, was a former engineer at Chongqing Steel and Metal Corporation. They have two daughters and a son. Their son was forced to leave college because of his belief in Falun Dafa and is currently without a job. Four of the five members of their family practice Falun Dafa and they had a happy and harmonious life. But now the family is broken up, torn apart by the persecution.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its large-scale persecution against Dafa and Dafa disciples in July, 1999, Chen Tingfen's family has never enjoyed a peaceful day. Soon after the persecution started, they began their difficult path of validating the Fa. Six years have now passed. Their home has been broken into countless times, and each of the family has been illegally arrested and imprisoned. The police have harassed and threatened them innumerable times. In October 1999, the entire family went to Beijing to appeal to the government for justice for Falun Gong. In their compassion as Dafa disciples, they tried to bring the truth of Dafa to the governmental officials who have been misled by the lies and slander of the CCP. However, what awaited them were shackles and handcuffs. Their elder daughter was illegally sentenced to a year of imprisonment. Because she refused to submit to the persecution and renounce Falun Dafa, her term was extended for another year by the labor camp officials.

Chen Tingfen, her husband and her younger daughter were detained at the Dadukou Detention Center. Because the entire firmly believed in Dafa and maintained their righteous thoughts, the authorities labeled them as top-priority targets. They were sent to the Zhonggang Brainwashing Center for eight months. Because of constant physical and psychological torture, Chen Xinshi's health deteriorated and he passed away on April 13, 2002.

Chen Tingfen was arrested once again for participating in a Fa conference, and was illegally detained in the Dadukou Detention Center. When she heard about her husband's death, she tried her utmost to contain the pain, and raised strong opposition against the evil authorities who persecuted her husband to death. The authorities agreed to release her so she could see her husband one last time. Seeing her husband's dead body, her sadness was beyond tears. Moreover, the authorities only allowed her 30 minutes with her husband, with three policemen monitoring her. Even then, they did not release her and allow her to go back home to a family of three children without a father, but instead, sentenced her to another two years of imprisonment. Ms. Chen Tingfen was finally released in December 2003, a 60-year-old senior who had suffered so much.

With their mother imprisoned, their father tortured to death, and without any source of income, the only valuable thing at home was a television set worth around 1,000 yuan. In order to survive, the children worked in tough labor jobs anywhere they could find work, while suffering constant harassment from the authorities. On September 24, 2005, the authorities spread a rumor during the Asia-Pacific City Mayors Summit, and used it to launch another round of persecution against all Dafa practitioners in the city. Ten officials surrounded Chen Tingfen's home. When she refused to allow them to arrest her, they climbed through the second-floor window of her home and illegally arrested Ms. Chen and one of her daughters. They ransacked the home and confiscated all Dafa books and truth-clarification materials. On October 25, 2005, Chen Tingfen's daughter was released on bail while awaiting trial, but Ms. Chen was once again illegally sentenced to two years in prison and is currently imprisoned in the Chongqing Women's Labor Camp.

We hereby call upon all compassionate people to lend their support, raise the voice of righteousness and help end this persecution.