Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Nine Falun Dafa Practitioners from Hebei, Henan, Jiangxi and Sichuan Provinces Died from Persecution

November 18, 2005 |  


Mr. Zhang Xigeng, in his 70s, was a professor at Tangshan Teacher's College. He was cured of cardiac arrhythmia, whole-body edema, hemoptysis, and other illnesses after starting Falun Dafa practice in 1996.

After July 20, 1999, people from Mr. Zhang's work unit frequently harassed him. On March 9, 2001, people from the school abducted Mr. Zhang and sent him to the Tangshan City Brainwashing Center, where he was physically tortured and mentally tormented. He was forced to do slave labor and was released after he fell during work. Coworkers from his work unit constantly monitored him. After his condition improved slightly, they again sent him to the brainwashing center in September 2001.

Mr. Zhang broke out of the brainwashing facility with the power of his righteous thoughts, but the authorities still hounded him. He was under great pressure and later became unconscious and bedridden. He passed away on October 28, 2005.

Ms. Qi Miaozhi was 48 years old and lived in Yanshi City, Henan Province. She went to Beijing three times and was brutally tortured, but she persevered in her belief in Dafa. She disappeared in March 2004. On October 2, 2005 her body was found on top of her home. The cause and time of her death require further investigation.

Ms. Zhang Huimin was 59 years old and lived in Yanshi City, Henan Province. Mr. Wu Cunhou was 64 years old and is the husband of Ms. Zhang Huimin. They were persecuted for practicing Falun Gong and passed away in November 2004 and March 2005, respectively.

Ms. Jia Shufang was in her 60s and lived in Yanshi City, Henan Province. She was persecuted for practicing Falun Gong and passed away in September 2004.

Ms. Zhou Xiaoling was 53 years old and worked at the Yujiang County Raw Materials Company in Jiangxi Province. In October 1999 she went to Beijing three times to validate Dafa. She was abducted by police and held at a local detention center. On December 28, 1999, she was sent to the Nanchang Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jiangxi Province to be further persecuted. She held a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was sent to a hospital isolation room, where she was brutally force-fed through a rubber tube for over a month. Her blood pressure shot up to 280, and she was at the brink of death. The authorities at the forced labor camp were afraid of being held responsible and told her husband to take her home. She was released after one year of detention at the forced labor camp. The local 610 Office agents often harassed and threatened her in the middle of the night. Ms. Zhou Xiaoling endured great pressure. She passed away on March 28, 2003.

Ms. Zeng Chunlan was 73 years old and lived in Zhaojia Village, Maquan, Jiangxi Province. Her four children were illegally detained and sentenced to prison for practicing Falun Gong. She was emotionally traumatized and had to endure constant harassment from the police. She passed away in February 2003.

Ms. Xia Zhihong was 44 years old and lived at Group 2, Gongtangxiajia Village, Lantian Division, Pingding Township, Yujiang County, Jiangxi Province. She used to suffer from breast cancer but was completely cured through Falun Gong practice. In 1999 she was illegally sent to a detention center. After her release, the police pressured her whole family to keep her under constant surveillance to prevent her from doing the Falun Gong exercises and studying the Fa. The police confiscated all of her Dafa books. Because she could not do the exercises, she had a relapse of her old condition and passed away on March 20, 2001. Soon after her death, her husband was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor for practicing Falun Gong.

Mr. Song Shenglong was 64 years old and worked at the Yujiang County Experimental Rice Farm in Jiangxi Province. He could not study the Fa or do the exercises due to constant harassment from the police. He passed away on December 13, 2003.

Ms. Chen Wenxiu was 29 years old. She was a grade school teacher in Ziyang City, Sichuan Province. She had been sick for five years and often went to the county hospital before she obtained Dafa. All of her illnesses were cured after she started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. After July 20, 1999, the local government and the school officials pressured Ms. Chen and her husband and also forbid her from practicing Falun Gong. She could not practice the Falun Gong exercises or study the Fa, and as a result she was hospitalized. Her family borrowed more than 20,000 yuan to pay her medical bills. Her husband divorced her. She passed away in mid-September 2002.