Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Police Put a Bag over Practitioner Ms. Huang Min's Head during Her Illegal Arrest

November 17, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Huang Min is a Falun Gong practitioner from Chengdu, Sichuan Province. She was illegally arrested by the local police. They put a bag over her head and took her to Xinjin Forced Brainwashing Center where she was subjected to cruel torture. After she was detained there for over a month, the police ordered her family to pick her up because she was at death's door. Nevertheless, the police continue to monitor and follow her.

On the morning of May 19, 2005, the police from Qingyang Precinct Public Security Bureau's Funan Police Station, along with staff members from the Funan Street Administration Office (a.k.a. 610 Office) arrested Huang Min at her studio apartment. A fierce man in uniform didn't even give her a chance to put on socks or change her clothes before he put a bag over her head, handcuffed her and dragged her from the apartment. Her computer, printer, cassette player and some other home appliances, as well her Falun Gong books and materials were confiscated in the name of "collecting evidence."

She was taken to the Funan Police Station where she was handcuffed to a chair until the next morning. They then put a bag over her head again and transferred her to Xinjin Brainwashing Center. During the detention at the police station and the brainwashing facility, the police interrogated her. At the brainwashing center, the police took turns interrogating her for several consecutive days. During the so-called interrogations, the police did not allow her to sleep and forced her to stay up all night. They handcuffed her hands tightly to the back of a chair. When she refused to talk, they pulled on her hands, causing her excruciating pain. A policeman even slapped her and poured water on her face.

Huang Min started a hunger strike on the day she was abducted as a peaceful means to protest the arrest and persecution. At the brainwashing center, the police subjected Huang Min to forced-feeding torture. Each time there were five to six people executing the forced-feedings. Some held down her arms and legs, and others were responsible for pinching her nose and prying her mouth open. They knocked out one of her teeth and caused many other teeth to become loose. Later they tied her to a bed and inserted a feeding tube into her stomach. Her esophagus was injured, which caused her to cough up blood and phlegm. In addition, the persecutors repeatedly attempted to intimidate her by saying, "We won't stop until you eat!"

In order to deceive Huang Min into providing information about her fellow Falun Gong practitioners, they told her that the Sichuan Province Committee investigation group was trying to understand the truth about Falun Gong in order to report it to the Chinese central government. They told her that she was one of the people they were trying to investigate. During the so-called investigation, Huang Min clarified the truth to them and revealed China's persecution of Falun Gong to them. The so-called "investigation group" failed to obtain any information about Falun Gong practitioners from her.

At Xinjin Brainwashing Center, each Falun Gong practitioner was monitored by two people at all times. They were not allowed to practice the Falun Gong exercises. If a practitioner tried to practice the exercises, the two monitors were authorized to subject her to cursing, beating or other violent means. There is a camera in each room and each corridor. There is also a closed-circuit TV in each room that is used to play video programs that slander Falun Gong. Each Falun Gong practitioner is forced to watch such video programs and read similar written materials. The so-called disciplinary staff members try to brainwash Falun Gong practitioners with slanderous materials, lies and evil theories used to frame and defame Falun Gong. This is a form of spiritual persecution and degradation in an attempt to force practitioners to renounce Falun Gong. All the expenses associated with the monitors are deducted from these practitioners' salaries.

Huan Min was detained in the brainwashing center for over a month. On July 8, 2005, Funan Police Station transferred her to the Chengdu City Detention Center where she continued her hunger strike. The detention center forced her to have a transfusion, which caused her body to swell. Because Huang Min persevered in her hunger strike, they transferred her to Qingyang Precinct's People's Hospital where she was guarded by public security officers and military policemen at all times. The military police repeatedly cursed and beat her. Huang Min's ankles were chained to the bed around the clock. At night her wrists were handcuffed to the bed as well. Every day she was given a transfusion. A few days later they inserted a feeding tube into her stomach. After eight days of "medical care" at the hospital, she was at death's door. They had no choice but to notify her family and release her on medical bail.

After she was released, the Funan Police Station and the Street Administration Office had her monitored and followed.