Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Li Wenxiang of Yongzhou City, Hunan Province Died as a Result of Persecution

October 31, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Wenxiang of Yongzhou City, Hunan Province was brutally persecuted several times. In June, 2003 he was "illegally arrested" and taken to Lengshuitan Detention Center after spending two years in a forced labor camp. He was close to death while he was there. He died at 6:00 p.m. on October 17, 2005.

Mr. Li Wenxiang, 55, worked at the Yongzhou City Lengshuitan Refractory Material Factory. After he learned Falun Dafa in 1997 he became very healthy. He followed the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," and was a good person. He had a peaceful family life. After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, he often told people the facts about Falun Gong. In 2000 he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and he was subsequently tortured by police. They burned his buttocks with electric batons, beat him and fractured his skull, and he lost consciousness.

On March 3, 2003 he was arrested at his home by police because he clarified the truth about Falun Gong. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor. After many tortures in Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp of Changsha City, he was released in May 2003.

In late June 2003 many banners with the words "Falun Dafa is good" were displayed in Yongzhou City. Yongzhou City Police Department sent out many officers to arrest Dafa practitioners. They broke into Mr. Li's home, arrested him and took him to Lengshuitan Detention Center. No one was allowed to visit him. His family members were not allowed to give him clothes. All information was blocked. On August 20, 2003 his family members finally saw him. Mr. Li was emaciated. His body was swollen, and he could barely walk. He was on the verge of death.

After ten months he was sentenced to three years of forced labor. They planned to send him to a forced labor camp in Changde City, Hunan Province, but because he was in very poor health, in danger of dying, they did not send him to the labor camp. Later blood clots were found in his brain and he was released for medical treatment. He was fired by his employer, and his wife was forced to divorce him. He died at 6:00 p.m. on October 17, 2005.

The people directly accountable for persecuting Li Wenxiang:

Deng Sanlong, Deputy Party Secretary of the City Committee in charge of persecuting Falun Gong
Feng Qiaoqiao, Deng Sanlong's wife, head of the Passport Section in the Yongzhou City Police Department
Jiang Yuansheng, director of the local 610 Office

Yang Xiaoping, Chief of Lengshuitan Police Department: 86-139-74616921 (mobile)

Huang Caisheng, Party Secretary of Lengshuitan Political and Judiciary
Committee: 86-133-27266368 (mobile), 86-746-6199010
Li Xianyu and Xu Yi, from the 610 Office at Yongzhou Police Department
Long Menghua, Zhou Chuping and Feng Defu, Political Security Section of Lengshuitan Police Department, Postal code: 425000

October 26, 2005