Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Guo Shuyan Tortured in the Zhaozhou County Prison and the Changji Forced Labor Camp

October 03, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Guo Shuyan began to practice Falun Gong in 1996. After the persecution against Falun Gong started in 1999, the authorities brutally persecuted Mr. Guo many times. Mr. Guo was imprisoned twice at the Zhaozhou Detention Center in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. Then, officials of the Changji Police Department in the Xinjiang Autonomous Region sentenced Mr. Guo to three years in a forced labor camp. Mr. Guo was sent to the Xinjiang Changji Forced Labor Camp where he was brutally persecuted..

On June 21, 2000, Mr. Guo went to a picture exhibition held by the Harbin Provincial Museum. As it defamed and slandered Falun Dafa, he left a message clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. The police from the Daqing Oil Tenth Factory Public Safety Division arrested Mr. Guo and detained him at the Zhaozhou County Detention Center in Daqing City. Fifteen days later, they transferred him to the Zhaozhou County Prison for further persecution. On the third day at the prison, Mr. Guo and other practitioners did the Falun Dafa exercises. Guard Wang Zhong saw it on the monitor, so he picked up a leather belt, rushed to their prison cell and reprimanded them. Wang ordered them to stand in a line and then hit their backs with the belt. Afterwards, Wang took them to the director's office. Director Li Qinghe and Deputy Director Sun Wenzhi ordered a few prisoners to put shackles on the three practitioners' ankles.

The iron shackles weighed 66 lbs., so Mr. Guo couldn't straighten his back because he had to carry them. As Mr. Guo walked painstakingly back to his cell, holding the chains in his hands, his ankles turned red and became swollen from the friction. When Mr. Guo walked into his cell, guard Wang Zhong asked a prisoner to take "good care" of him. The prisoner quickly rushed towards Mr. Guo and punched his chest many times, causing him to have blurred vision. Deputy Director Sun Wenzhi asked Mr. Guo if he would continue to practice Falun Gong. Mr. Guo replied yes, so Sun asked a prisoner to put handcuffs on him. Within a few hours, his hands became numb from dragging the heavy iron shackles with both hands cuffed behind his back. Therefore, the guards took off the handcuffs and shackles. A few days later, Director Li Qinghe attempted several times to force Mr. Guo to write a "guarantee statement", renouncing Falun Gong. He refused. Li ordered prisoners to put a torture instrument "Jiabo" that weighed over 100 lbs. on Mr. Guo's neck, hands and feet. This prevented him from being able to move and he had problems breathing when trying to sleep at night. This painful torture lasted over 20 hours.

Mr. Guo still refused to write the guarantee statement. Director Li Qinghe ordered prisoners to torture him with the "wall ring." There were 4 iron rings attached to a wall, two on the top and two at the bottom. The prisoners stretched Mr. Guo's arms and legs into an X-shape and cuffed his hands and ankles in the rings for over three hours. Mr. Guo was in excruciating pain and sweated profusely. During that time, Mr. Guo's co-worker came to visit him. Therefore, the guards released him, fearing the torture would be exposed. Mr. Guo still refused to write the guarantee statement. After the visitor left, Li said Mr. Guo didn't respect him and brutally slapped his face three times. Li said that was only a minor punishment and ordered four prisoners to take him to an open field. The prisoners took off his clothes and pushed him to the ground. They used an "old-cow hammer" to hit Mr. Guo continuously. He screamed because of the pain. After beating Mr. Guo 20 times, Li again asked him if he would continue the practice Falun Gong. Li took over the old-cow hammer and beat Mr. Guo until his back and buttocks were covered with cuts and bruises. The injury did not heal for a long time. After 17 days of torture, Mr. Guo's family was allowed to take him home.

One night in late December of 2000, Yang Mingjie, Director of the Daqing Oil Tenth Factory Police Station, and three other policemen arrested Mr. Guo. They searched him. Li Shaohong, Head of the Political Security Division from the Daqing Oil Tenth Factory Public Safety Division, and Officer Sha (first name unknown) again arrested Mr. Guo and took him to the Zhaozhou County Prison. Mr. Guo had a fever that night and didn't eat anything for eight days. He became so weak that they sent him home.

In December of 2001, Mr. Guo clarified the truth about Falun Gong in Hetian City, the Xinjiang Autonomous Region. Director Chen and two officers from the Xinjiang Hetian Police Department arrested Mr. Guo and detained him in the basement of the bureau. During the interrogation, officer Tuluhong (an Uygur) slapped Mr. Guo's face when he answered, "I don't know." After 16 days, they transferred Mr. Guo to the Hetian District Prison. Mr. Guo refused to memorize the prison rules. Kang (first name unknown) and three Uygur policemen dragged him into the hallway and shackled him to a wall. The police beat him with police batons until his back was red and swollen. Mr. Guo couldn't sleep on his back because of the pain. The police sentenced him to three years at the Changji Forced Labor Camp in the Xinjiang Autonomous Region.

In September of 2002, Mr. Guo refused to participate in labor camp activities. The so-called "Law Enforcement Team," in charge of persecuting Falun Gong, took him to an office. Those present were Gu Jianhai, a re-education instructor; Tian Hu, Captain of the 6th brigade; Ma Longyue, head of the re-education instructors; Chen Jiang, Captain of the 9th brigade; and Captain Li. They asked Mr. Guo why he didn't participate in activities. Mr. Guo replied, "I practice Falun Gong and am a good person. I am not guilty and not at fault. I refuse to participate in camp activities where I'm imprisoned illegally." Captain Li, Ma Longyue, and Chen Jiang forced Mr. Guo to take off his coat and handcuffed him. He sat on the floor and Li, Ma, and Chen shocked his legs with electric batons. The high voltage torture caused him to lose consciousness. Two days later, Tian Hu ordered two Uygur prisoners, Aikebai and Aihaitawo, to take Mr. Guo to a tomato field. They forced him to run in the sun until he collapsed.

One morning in April 2003, Zhang Yan, an instructor, Gu Jianhai, and Chen Jiang, asked about ten Uygur and Han prisoners to handcuff Mr. Guo and Mr. Chen Yujiang, another practitioner. The prisoners forced them to walk back and forth in a wooded area until the evening. That night Mr. Guo had a fever and his stomach swelled up and was in pain. The third day Mr. Guo vomited blood. Zhang Yan and Gu Jianhai were afraid to take responsibility for Mr. Guo's condition, so they sent him to the Wujiaqu City Hospital in a car. Mr. Guo was diagnosed with gastritis and cholecystitis (inflammations in the stomach and gall bladder). Mr. Guo could only drink liquid food for several months. His health has been getting worse.

We also learned that Falun Gong practitioners, Zhao Aijun and Zhong Kai, who were persecuted at the Changji Forced Labor Camp, went on a hunger strike. They were force-fed through tubes for over 20 days. Other practitioners imprisoned in the camp, including Chen Yujiang, Wang Lifeng, Xu Baoquan, and Yan Weihong. Chen Yujiang and Xu Baoquan have become very ill from the persecution. Yan Weihong and Wang Lifeng went on a hunger strike and were force-fed through tubes for three months. Yan and Wang became emaciated because of the persecution and their lives were in danger. The camp thus allowed their families to take them home.

We request compassionate people to help Falun Gong practitioners who are imprisoned and are suffering inhumane persecution at the Xinjiang Changji Forced Labor Camp.