Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Severe Persecution Cases of Several Women Practitioners in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province

October 26, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Several women practitioners were illegally detained at the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp and suffered inhuman tortures.

Ms. Li Ping is over 50 years old and is from Lingyi City, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to forced labor on September 30, 2004. She suffered unimaginable tortures at that camp for assertively refusing to give up Falun Dafa. In a one-month period, Ms. Li was permitted only three nights' sleep. During the daytime she was forced to sit on a small backless stool and at night she was punished by having to stand for long hours. Because of long-term lack of sleep she frequently fell down while standing, often injuring her face and head.

Late one night, when Ms. Li Ping hadn't slept for many days, police officer Yan Yan and the collaborators Zhu Ling and An Dehua attacked her.

On November 14, 2004, police officer Wang Hua and others tied Li Ping with ropes and put her into a corner of a restroom the size of only several square meters. For six months she was not allowed to leave the restroom even half a step and was completely isolated from the outside world. During that period she was unable to take a shower or wash her hair.

On May 20, 2005 when everyone in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp moved to a new building, Li Ping finally left that small restroom and was then detained in the library. She was still not allowed to leave that room and was guarded by several people specifically assigned to monitor her. She had to relieve herself in a bucket.

After long-term physical torture and extreme pressure and mental torment from threats and intimidation, Li Ping suffered a mental collapse. Now she keeps saying, "What crime have I committed? All I did is just practice qigong."

Ms. Gao Mingxia, over 40 years old, is from Qingdao City, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to forced labor in May 2004. At the end of October the authorities detained her in a single cell for one month. Police officers Li Ying and Li Yuan tied Ms. Gao with a special belt and did not give her any food for four days. They claimed that if she died from hunger it would be noted as her own fault from being on a hunger strike. She was not allowed to sleep at night and was handcuffed and not allowed to go to the restroom. Since being sent to Wangcun, Ms. Gao has slept on the floor the whole time. For several months she was not allowed to take a shower and change her clothes. She had to relieve herself in a bucket in the cell.

Ms. Wang Chuanlian, over 20 years old, is from Muping, Yantai City, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to forced labor in June 2004. Between the end of June and early August, for a period of more than one month, Ms. Wang was not allowed to lie down to sleep, even just once. Deputy Division Head Sun and police officer Wu Xiuli took turns to torture her day and night. Collaborators Liu Guangxia (from Binzhou), Miao Yuxiang (from Jiaozhou), Yu Ruiying (from Haiyang) and others surrounded her in groups of three shifts to slander Dafa. Wang Chuanlian was punished by being forced to stand or squat for a long time and was not allowed to go to the restroom. As a result, she had to urinate in her pants on cold winter days. When she sat on the ground when being forced to stand, police officer Wu Xiuli ordered collaborator Wang Yuping to dump water on the ground. On January 1, 2005, a window blind was put on Wang Chunlian's cell. Ms. Wang was tied up and was not allowed to sleep or go to the restroom. She suffered all kinds of torture, instigated by the division deputy surnamed Sun. The window blind was closed for over half a month.

Ms. Jiang Cui, in her twenties, is from Weihai City, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to forced labor on March 6, 2005. Because she refused to cooperate with the unreasonable demands of the authorities, although she was very weak and unable to walk normally, the police still brought her to the forced labor camp. She was deprived of the basic rights of a normal existence, including sleeping, taking a shower, changing her clothes or even going to the restroom. Police officer Fang Niafeng and the collaborator Gao Jianxin (from Binzhou) punched her on her chest. Ms. Jiang was threatened with having her term extended, with not being given permission to go home and with torture. Although the police played all kinds of tricks and implemented all kinds of persecution methods, they still failed to brainwash Jiang Cui. Early in August 2005, Jiang Cui publicly called out loud, "Falun Dafa is great!" She was immediately sent to an isolation cell where there was a low, death bed with handcuffs on the four corners of the bed. Details of the abuses Ms. Jiang suffered there are unknown.

Ms. Jiang Cuie, 63 years old, is from Rushan, Weihai City, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to forced labor on April 6, 2005. Although the police and collaborators in the labor camp kept spreading lies and slandering Dafa for nearly 20 hours a day, Ms. Jiang refused to listen to them, much less to believe them. On July 1, 2005 she was detained in an isolation cell and kept there for one month and was not allowed to sleep. Currently, Jiang Cuie is still being detained in the police office. She has to relieve herself in a bucket and is only allowed to sleep very little every day.

Ms. Zhu Lixin, over thirty years old, is from Laixi, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to forced labor on September 30, 2002. She suffered long-term persecution and was forbidden to sleep. She was only allowed to move within a circle in the corner of her cell, eating and relieving herself in the same space. The perpetrators took three shifts to barrage her with slandering words and verbally abuse her. On November 21, 2003, with the assistance from Qingdao Forced Labor Camp, the camp started another wave of persecution against Ms. Zhu. The Party head from Qingdao Forced Labor Camp, Jiang Hongxing, brought Division Heads Yao and Wang, and two collaborators, Sun (from Jimo) and Wang Yuxing (from Pingdu). Led by Section Head Xiao and Division Head Wang Huiying, five people from the Qingdao camp plus four from Wangcun, including police officers Zhang Guirong, Yan Yan, Huang Bo, collaborators Pan Shujie (from Weifang), Zhang Jiamei (from Mupin) started to abuse, torment and mistreat Zhu Lixin. This round of persecution lasted nearly one month.

They set up in a large room on the second floor of the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp building. There was no heating system in the room and it was freezing cold. Initially, Division Head Yao, the police and the collaborators pretended to be kind and very warmhearted. Once they found out that their hypocritical ways didn't work to "transform" Ms. Zhu, they changed their tactics and started to slander Dafa to force Zhu Lixin to give up the practice. Six days later, on November 27, having failed to achieve their goal, they started to deprive Zhu Lixin of sleep, and did not allow her to sleep for 20 days. During that period, for over several hundred hours, she was not allowed to sit down, to eat, to wash her face or brush her teeth. For over ten days she was not permitted regular toilet use and could only go once, at 2:00 a.m. or 3:00 a.m. If police officer Wang was in a good mood, Zhu Lixin might be allowed to sleep for five minutes each day. One day, after sleeping for five minutes, Zhu Lixin was still unable to wake up. Collaborators Wang Yuxing (male) and Pan Shujie (female) held Ms. Zhu and bumped her head against a wall, then threw her on the ground and even dragged her across the ground while running. It is not known how long it took to finally wake her up.

Because of long-term sleep deprivation, Zhu Lixin's legs swelled severely until they looked like a water bucket. Since she was not allowed to sit, she had to move her swollen legs slowly, step by step. Police officer Huang Bo still tugged on her to make her run, in spite of her condition. Because Ms. Zhu's hands were down at her sides for so long, her hands eventually turned dark red and the blood vessels in the hands seemed as if they were going to break.

Zhu Lixin was unable to move round. The following perpetrators, nevertheless, continued to torment her: police officer Yan Yan, Zhang Guirong, Huang Bo, the head of the division Chen (from Qingdao Forced Labor Camp, the replacement for the former division head Yao after he left), and a person surnamed Wang. They punished Ms. Zhu by forcing her to squat and threatened to shock her with an electric baton, use poisonous snakes to attack her, and other atrocities. When Zhu Lixin was unable to hold on and had to sit on the ground, police officer Wang put her on the torture tool called the tiger bench. She was held on the ground; her legs were raised up and put onto a high stool. Wang stomped hard on her legs, making Zhu's whole body shake from the pain. When she refused to squat down and sat on the ground, police officer Zhang Guirong and Division Head Chen raised her clothes up and wrote words that slandered Dafa on her back.

Through continuous lack of sleep, no sitting, no restroom use and being extremely cold and hungry, Zhu Lixin was tortured to the edge of death. She even had difficulty breathing. The wicked people, though, still didn't give up. Every night after midnight, police officer Wang beat Zhu Lixin on the face and head with a hard plastic stick or the leg from a stool, making her mouth bleed and bumps the size of an egg to develop all over her head.

Collaborator Zhang Jiamei in particular kicked Zhu Lixin on her calf and battered her fiercely on her lower back with dozens of blows every day for more than ten days. The collaborator Sun hit Zhu Lixin's shoulder every day, causing her right shoulder to appear lower than the other side. The December weather was extremely cold. When Zhu Lixin was dozing off while being forced to stand for a long time, police officer Wang poured cold water on her head and threw her on the ground. Police officers Yan and Wang even said, "We will inject you with drugs to make you addicted to them. Let's see whether you still want to practice Falun Gong when your addiction increases."

For three years, Zhu Lixin was not permitted any calls home. Police officers Liu Qing and Wu Xiuli didn't allow anyone to talk to her. She was not permitted to buy fruit or other foods. Zhu Lixin once questioned the police, "You say we [Falun Gong practitioners] are bad, but we practitioners never treat any of you in such vicious ways. Who is righteous and who is evil?"

We call on all kind people to help us stop the persecution!

September 29, 2005