Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Eight Falun Dafa Practitioners in Hunan, Shaanxi, and Hebei Provinces Died as a Result of Persecution

October 23, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Su Shukun was 78 years old and lived with her daughter, Su Donghui. They lived in Changsha City, Hunan Province. Ms. Su heard about the Fa in 1998 and started practicing beginning in early 1999. She benefited a great deal from practicing Falun Dafa. The pulmonary emphysema and gastric disease she had lived with for decades improved. In November 2000, Ms. Su went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Dafa and was sent to a forced labor camp. She was subjected to various tortures, leaving her with deteriorating health. In December 2001, Ms. Su unwillingly wrote the Three Statements and was then released. However, she continued practicing and studying Falun Dafa.

Ms. Su Shukun also actively validated the Fa. In July 2002, her daughter was again illegally arrested and sent to a forced labor camp because of distributing Dafa truth clarification materials. Ms. Su was so devastated and exhausted by the ongoing persecution that her old illnesses returned. However, she still wrote a letter to her daughter, Su Donghui, at the labor camp. She encouraged her daughter to be a good person with righteous thoughts and a firm, unshakable belief in Dafa. Ms. Su Shukun died on August 8, 2003.

Mr. Liu Zhigang was a 52-year-old practitioner from Xian City, Shaanxi Province. He was a cadre in the Bureau of Commodity Inspection and Quarantine in Shaanxi Province. Many of his illnesses disappeared after he started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. In October 2001, Mr. Liu was abducted and sent to brainwashing sessions for more than three months. He was badly injured both physically and mentally. He expressed his intention to continue practicing after his release, but he was upset for a long time. Early in 2003, his wife, also a practitioner, was abducted and taken to a brainwashing center. In July 2003, Chen (surname) from the City 610 Office, Lu (surname) from the District 610 Office, staff from Mr. Liu's workplace and the deputy officer went to Mr. Liu's home several times on consecutive days to threaten and intimidate him. This caused serious physical and mental stress to Mr. Liu. His health deteriorated rapidly and he died on December 16, 2003. Ten days later, his mother (not a practitioner) died of sorrow after hearing the news of her son's death.

Mr. Hu Tianliang was a 67-year-old retired cadre from Hujiazhuang in Lingshou County, Hebei Province. He was formerly a director at the Beihuoying Vermiculite Factory. He was paralyzed and confined to bed before practicing Falun Dafa. Mr. Lu learned the Fa in 1997. After watching Teacher's lectures on video, he could gradually sit up. He was able to stand up and do the exercises after practicing for about 20 days. He was able to get off the bed and walk after two months. In less than six months, he was able to do some household chores and go to other villages to tell them about the Fa and study with other practitioners. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Hu was abducted by the County Security Department. They forced him to write the three statements and pay them 500 yuan. He was finally released with help from other people. As a result of the persecution, Mr. Hu lost the group environment for studying the Fa and doing the exercises. His body and mind were severely strained, causing his old illness to return. He was again paralyzed, confined to bed and died on September 10, 2005.

Ms. Wu Mingyan was 59 years old and from Maoming in Guangdong Province. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. Ms. Wu had illnesses before practicing Falun Dafa, but became very healthy after practicing. In December 2000, Ms. Wu went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa and was illegally sentenced to one year at a forced labor camp. She was severely pressured into unwillingly writing a statement agreeing to stop practicing Dafa. After Ms. Wu gave up cultivation practice, she became very sick. She was sent to a hospital before the New Year in 2005 and diagnosed with late stage liver cancer, liver cirrhosis and liver ascites. She could not move and her family was preparing for her death. Some practitioners, hearing of her illness, came to her house every day to send forth righteous thoughts, and her health miraculously recovered. She could go up and down stairs, study the Fa, do the exercise and send forth righteous thoughts. Her family members, who were not practitioners, were very grateful to Dafa and the practitioners. Later, Ms. Wu was reported to the 610 Office by someone who did not understand Falun Dafa. Her family was threatened many times by the 610 Office staff. Wu Mingyan died on September 21, 2005.

Mr. Xu Zhaohong, 70 years old, from Xiama Village of Dangyu Town in Zunhua City, Hebei Province, started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. After the Chinese Communist Party started persecuting Falun Dafa, a person who did not understand the truth of Dafa led the police to Mr. Xu's house, where they threatened Mr. Xu and his wife. They illegally searched the house. Mr. Xu eventually died due to the persecution.

Ms. Zhang Shuxian, 87 years old, from Nongan County in Jilin Province, lived with her daughter, Miao Guiqin. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996 and many of her old-age-related diseases disappeared without medication. After the persecution began, the police frequently showed up at Ms. Zhang's house to disturb them. One day in the spring of 2000, the police harassed them all night long. On August 16, 2005, seven or eight people from the National Security Division and the Gucheng Police Station in Nongan County broke into Ms. Zhang's home through the second floor patio. They illegally searched her house, took away Falun Dafa books, and tried to arrest Miao Guiqin. Ms. Zhang was so frightened that her whole body trembled and her face looked ashen. Her daughter was forced into homelessness in order to avoid arrest. This caused deep mental anguish for Ms. Zhang. Within just a few days, she could not get out of bed and she died on September 25, 2005.

Mr. Wang Yongqing was a 76-year-old retired teacher from the Professional School at the Mineral Resources Bureau in Panzhihua, Sichuan Province. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began, he continued his practice and constantly spread the truth of Dafa and the persecution. Therefore, he was constantly pressured and harassed by the West District Security Bureau, his workplace, and the residential committee. Wang Yongqing died on September 14, 2004.

Mr. Cheng Guozheng, 66 years old, lived in Unit 21 of the Third Village of North Tiaping Road at the Mineral Resources Bureau of Panzhihua in Sichuan. He began the practice of Falun Gong in 1996 and his hypertension, heart disease and gallstones all disappeared. After July 20, 1999, the staff at the Mosohe Police Station, the Baoding Police Department Sub-bureau, and the Security Department of Huashan Ore often went to Mr. Cheng's house to harass him. This caused him to suffer a relapse of his previous illnesses. He died on January 5, 2005.