Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Yan Shanzhu, 36, Dies as a Result of Persecution

January 19, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yan Shanzhu was from Zhengde Village, Dancheng Town, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. He and Mrs. Chen Xiuhua went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong in January 2000. They were arrested and held in the No. 2 Detention Center in Shuangchen City for two weeks, and then released on a bond of 1000 yuan. One year later, they were kidnapped on their way to appeal in Beijing. Mr. Yan Shanzhu was sentenced to one year in Changlin Forced Labor Camp, where he endured severe hardships. The officials tortured him by brutal force-feeding, shocking with electric baton, whipping, and solitary confinement. His health deteriorated drastically and he was covered with scabies. After he was released, officials continued to harass him constantly. His health never recovered and he passed away on October 3, 2004.

Mrs. Chen Xiuhua, Mr. Yan's wife, has also been subjected to severe persecution. In December of 2000, while Mrs. Chen Xiuhua was taking care of her elderly mother at home, town officials Chen Fubin and Fan Zilin and six or seven others raided their home and kidnapped her. Her bedridden mother questioned the officials: "What kind of crime has my daughter committed that you had to take her away?" One of them replied: "It is forbidden to practice Falun Gong!" They took Mrs. Chen Xiuhua and beat her savagely, and then forced her to watch a video slandering Falun Dafa. She tried to tell them: "Falun Dafa teaches you to be a better person." Before she could finish her sentence, several policemen punched her in the face simultaneously. She passed out. Chen Fubin threatened: "If you dare to practice again, you will crawl out of here with your face black and blue all over." Ten days later, another official named Chen Shaowu came and demanded an answer. Mrs. Chen Xiuhua stated: "I will practice as long as I am alive." The official went berserk. He took off his coat, rolled up his sleeves and screamed: "I don't care about the consequences. I am going to beat you to death today." He slapped her face non-stop until he was completely worn out, and then started again after a break. He beat her to the ground, and kicked and stomped on her. An elderly factory worker who could not bear the scene anymore came and helped Mrs. Chen Xiuhua walk out of the room.