Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Over-60-year-old Falun Gong Practitioners, Ms. Luo Sufang and Ms. Shen Daoqiu from Sichuan Province, Died as a Result of Torture

January 14, 2005 |   By a Dafa practitioner from Sichuan Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Luo Sufang from Shuangliu County, Sichuan Province was arrested in October 2002 and died as a result of torture. The perpetrators were Liang Hongquan and other officers from the Chengguan Police Station.

Nurse Shen Daoqiu from the Sichuan Province Highway Hospital was tortured many times while she was illegally detained in the Pi County Detention Center and died in the second half of 2003.

Ms. Luo Sufang, 60 years old, was a retired employee from the No. 3 Division of the Sichuan Province Transportation Department. She lived at No. 49, Shaanxi Street, Shuangliu County, Sichuan Province. In 2002, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa. Policemen Liang Hongquan and Wang Zhengyuan from the Chengguan Town Police Station in Shuangliu County brought her back. She was in detention for a month. In October 2002, when she was distributing Falun Dafa truth-clarifying materials, she was again illegally arrested. Policemen Liang Hongquan and Wang Zhengyuan, as well as policewoman Jiang Xiaoqin, tormented her. She was detained for seven days. She died four days after being sent back home.

Ms. Shen Daoqiu, 61 years old, was a nurse from the Sichuan Provincial Highway Hospital. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she had many diseases, including pharyngitis [a throat disease involving the tonsils]. She had to stay in the hospital and rely on injections and medicine to survive. In 1997, she obtained Falun Dafa and recovered within one year. Since the persecution started in 1999, she went to the Sichuan Province government to peacefully appeal and uphold Dafa. In October 1999, she went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to validate Dafa, and the police arrested her. Persons from her work unit and the police station where her work unit was located (Xipu Police Station in Pi County, Chengdu City) escorted her to the Pi County Detention Center. She was illegally detained for over a month and suffered both mental and physical trauma. She was fined over 10,000 Yuan and her salary was also cut.

After Chen Daoqiu was released, she continued to do many things to clarify the facts and uphold Dafa. She was illegally detained in the Pi County Detention Center's brainwashing class and suffered much mental and physical torture.

After she left the brainwashing class in 2000, as she was often threatened, monitored, coerced for confession and tortured by persons from the 610 Office in Pi County and the police department, her health was seriously damaged. Her past illness recurred. She died in the second half of 2003 and was 61 years old.