Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Three More Falun Dafa Practitioners Died after Torture in Shenyang Prison

September 24, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) During the period from the middle of June to the Middle of September, three more Falun Dafa practitioners died after being tortured in Liaoning Provincial Prisons' General Hospital. They were all admitted after they went on hunger strikes.

Mr. Gao Lianyi, who was a 34-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner from Tiexi District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, used to be a Taxi driver. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, has a very kind heart, and a very healthy body. He went to Beijing to appeal in October 1999. After being picked up he was detained in Shenyang City No.5 Detention Center, Shenyang City Tiexi District Mental Hospital, and the Forced Brainwashing Class held in Shenyang City Longshan Labor Camp, where he went through brutal mental and physical tortures. They also demanded money from, harassed, and closely monitored him. He had to become homeless in order to avoid being illegally taken from his home at the beginning of 2001. At the end of February 2002, he was taken by Changchun City Police Station and Tiexi District Qinggong Substation and locked in Tiexi Detention Center. He went on a hunger strike to protest and was transferred to Liaoning Provincial Prisons' General Hospital. During the time period when Mr. Gao Lianyi was on the hunger strike, the prison administration, made up of the Tiexi Detention Center, the Tiexi Police Station and the Tiexi District Party Political and Judiciary Committee, had decided that they would rather a prisoner die on a hunger strike than be released free. They chose not to do anything for him, resulting in his death. The hospital abetted this with the thinking that if patient's administrators do not care, they would not be responsible.

Patients in the same room with Mr. Gao Lianyi said, "They are too harsh on Falun Gong. Even if these people are guilty, they do not deserve to die. They still would take care of him even he is like this!"

We heard Gao was tortured to death in September 2004. The details are to be investigated. After he died, many of the patients who were in the same room as him said, "This is not simply persecution, this is murder!"

The Tiexi District Detention Center gives prisoners bad food. It also has very messy management, for example, during a single month in 2003, two new prisoners were beaten to death in the same cell. A prisoner dying from lack of medical care is an all too common phenomena. If any sickness among prisoners is reported, those who make the report will normally hear such inhuman answers, "Is he dead? Don't report it if not they are not dead!"

Mr. Zhou Zhi is a Falun Dafa practitioner, (detailed personal information needs to be investigated, please help!) After he went on a hunger strike of more than 40 days in the No.2 Jail inside the Prison City, he was sent to Liaoning Provincial Prisons' General Hospital. The Hospital doctor saw that he was dying and sent him home for fear of being responsible for his death. He died shortly after he returned home, on August 16, 2004. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/8/25/51716.html)

Mr. Guan Wenjiang is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Xinmin City, Liaoning Province (see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/9/11/52295.html). He was released after a long prison term with a face deformed by torture. When someone asked him why he was tortured so badly, while there is a Hospital inside the Prison, he replied, "That place is a butcher shop" with a pained expression. Even to recall that place caused him great pain. He died several days after being picked up by No.2 Prison.

We heard another Falun Dafa practitioner whose name is unknown died after a hunger strike. The details need to be investigated.