Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Death of Elderly Dafa Practitioner Mr. Li Hai in Zhucheng City, Shandong Province

September 13, 2004 |   By a Dafa practitioner in Mainland China

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Hai, 69 years old, lived in Xiaozhuanggou Village, Haojiangzhuang Town in Zhucheng City, Shandong Province. He passed away on December 23, 2002 [Chinese lunar calendar] after suffering long-term persecution, including threats and extortion of money.

Before he practiced Falun Gong, Li Hai had many illnesses, all of which disappeared after he started practicing Falun Gong. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Li Fengchun, the former head of Haojiazhuang Town Police Station, police officer Zhang Chongguan, and the former Xiaozhuanggou Village Party branch secretary, Guo Fangxue, as well as the head of village militia, Guo Fangming, constantly persecuted Li Hai.

Li Hai's son, a determined Falun Dafa practitioner, went to Beijing to appeal in 2000 and was brought back from Beijing and detained. The Zhucheng City Police Department fined the Haojiazhuang Town Police Station 5,000 yuan (1). (At the time, if Falun Gong practitioners who went to Beijing to appeal were abducted and held in Beijing, the authorities in Beijing would notify their local police departments to pick up the practitioner(s) in Beijing and the local government would be fined a large amount of money.) Because the Haojiazhuang Town Police Station had to pay 5,000 yuan, Guo Fangxue and Guo Mingchang constantly extorted money from Li Hai and threatened and otherwise tormented him.

After bringing Li Hai's son back from Beijing, the perpetrators from the Zhucheng City Police Department sentenced him to three years in a labor camp.

Li Hai and his wife relied on their son for financial support. After their only son was sent to the Changle County Forced Labor Camp, their life became very difficult. In order to get the 5,000 yuan from the couple, the perpetrators from the Haojiazhuang Town Police Station constantly harassed and extorted money from Li Hai. They forced him to sell his only cow. After failing to meet the 5,000 yuan extortion demand, Li Hai was forced to sell his peanuts and other crops. Then the perpetrators abducted Li Hai anyway and sent him to the Haojiazhuang Town Police Station and further threatened and abused him. After his release, Li Hai had to walk with the support of a cane and later could not take care of himself. Li Hai suffered terribly under the long-term persecution, threats, terror and extortion. He passed away on December 23, 2002.

(1) Yuan is the unit of Chinese currency; 500 yuan is the approximate monthly income for an urban worker in China.