Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Holding Firmly to the Truth -- Remembering Fengcheng Practitioner Yu Fenghua

July 01, 2004 |   By a Dafa Practitioner in Liaoning Province

(Clearwisdom.net) At 6 p.m. on May 10, 2004, Ms. Yu Fenghua, a 57 year-old practitioner, died in a hospital in Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province after suffering more than three years of imprisonment and torture at Dabei Prison in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Facing the reckless crackdown led by Jiang's regime, Ms. Yu safeguarded her belief with her life.

Ms. Yu Fenghua lived in the Aimin residential area of Fengcheng City. She was a music teacher at the Hanmo Elementary School. In 1997, she started the practice of Falun Gong. Very soon, her mind and body were improved.

Jiang Zemin launched the crackdown of Falun Gong due to his jealousy. Falun Gong practitioners in Mainland China are arrested and jailed if they appeal to the government, so they now go to the public to expose the propaganda and let people know the true situation of Falun Gong. Ms. Yu Fenghua was among the first group of practitioners to stand up to publicly clarify the truth.

In October 2000, the police from Dengtiemei Street Police Station, Fengcheng City, attempted to arrest Ms. Yu Fenghua. Several policemen broke into and ransacked her home. Ms. Yu Fenghua, who was on her way home, learned of the intrusion and felt she had little choice but to stay away from home, to avoid certain persecution.

In January of 2001, the police arrested her when she was hanging a banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" along a street in Dalian City. At that time, when the police in Fengcheng City heard the news of her being detained, they wanted to transfer her back to Fengcheng City. But their request was refused because the police wanted to be promoted through their efforts in the persecution in Dalian City, where the most severe persecution of Falun Gong takes place.

After Ms. Yu was arrested, she went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. She was sentenced to eight years of imprisonment and was transferred to Dabei Prison in Shenyang City.

During the time when Ms. Yu was tortured in Dabei Prison, she was very determined to continue practicing Falun Dafa, and none of the torture she was subjected to changed her determination.

On May 5, 2004, an official from Dabei Prison ordered Ms. Yu's relative to come and pick her up. By then, she had been tortured to her last breath. When a relative came to pick up her, Ms. Yu was carried out on a stretcher. Several days later, around 6 p.m. on May 10, Ms. Yu passed away.