Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Falun Gong Practitioners from Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province Died as a Result of Criminal Abuse

June 30, 2004 |  


70 Year-old Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Shouxin from Heilongjiang Province Died in 2001

Mr. Zhang Shouxin, 70 years of age, from Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province went to Beijing in June 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong by unfurling a banner in Tiananmen Square. He was arrested and detained in Qitaihe City No. 1 Detention Center. During his detention, his whole body became swollen and was covered with ulcerous scabies. Later he had difficulty urinating and was catheterised. During that procedure he discharged a large quantity of bloody liquid. He was released in October 2000 and passed away in April 2001.

Mr. Zhang Shouxin lived in Dahe Village, Hongqi Township, Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. When he was 17 years old he began to practice Buddhism with his father and had kept his faith all along, regardless of whatever was happening in society. In 1996, Mr. Zhang came in contact with Falun Dafa. He immediately knew that it teaches profound principles, so he decided to encourage his sons to learn Falun Dafa while he himself still continued with his original cultivation practice. Later, Master dropped him hints twice and he remembered what his father said to him before he passed away, "There will be a living Buddha to teach three treasures in the future, and when that happens, make sure you take up the practice and you will surely be able to return. Do not miss the opportunity!" He then resolutely gave up his original practice and led his whole family to cultivate in Dafa.

After he took up the practice of Falun Dafa, stubborn illnesses he had suffered for years, such as arthritic pains in his back and legs, bladder stones and prostatitis all disappeared. Later on he and his sons and daughters successively established six practice sites in their local areas.

In July, 1999, Jiang's group started the persecution of Falun Dafa. Because Mr. Zhang Shouxin refused to give up his belief, he was twice arrested and detained, in November and December 1999, and was expelled from the Party membership. Since then, Party branch secretary Liu Fuhai in his village and security personnel Dong Yunshang as well as local policeman Wang Dawei often went to harass him in the name of "helping and educating" him. On June 20, 2000, Zhang Shouxin and his wife took their whole family to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and unfurled banners on Tiananmen Square. He was arrested and suffered brutal beatings. Later he was escorted back to his hometown and was sent directly to Qitaihe City No.1 Detention Center.

During his detention, Mr. Zhang suffered both physical torture and mental torment and as a result his whole body became swollen and was covered with ulcerous scabies. Later he had difficulty passing urine, and when he underwent a catheterisation, he discharged a large amount of bloody liquid. Under strong demand from his family members, Mr. Zhang was released in October 2000 after his family was extorted 2000 yuan by the local police station. Mr. Zhang passed away in April 2001.

Retired Worker Mr. Zhu Jun from Qitaihe City Died from Persecution

Mr. Zhu Jun, a retired worker from Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province was unlawfully detained because he clarified the truth of Falun Gong to people. He was detained in the Qitaihe No. 2 Detention Center until he became semi-paralysed. Mr. Zhu passed away in March 2002, shortly after he was released.

Mr. Zhu Jun, 54 years old, was a retired worker from the Xinjian Mine, Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. He started to practice Falun Dafa in October 1997. In November 1999, police unlawfully took him away while he was visiting a fellow practitioner and detained him for 15 days. In December of the same year he went to the local "610 Office" to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa and was sentenced to three years of forced labor as a result. Because his body showed illness symptoms due to abuse under the persecution, the labor camp refused to accept him. He was then taken back to the No. 2 Detention Center for further mistreatment. In September 2001, he became semi-paralysed and could no longer look after himself. Even under such circumstances, the detention center still refused to release him. Later, with strong demand from his family, the detention center agreed to release him. Mr. Zhu passed away at home in March 2002.