Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Elderly Man, Lin Youhui, from Jieyang City, Guangdong Province Dies As a Result of Persecution

June 17, 2004 |  


There was an old gentleman in Bianwei Village, Xichang Town, Jiedong County, Jieyang City, Guangdong Province. His name was Lin Youhui and he was in his 60s. Because he was very kind and sincere, people all called him "Uncle Youhui." Due to the hardships he suffered in his life, he developed tuberculosis and a heart problem. He himself was a physician; however, he wasn't able to cure his own illnesses. In the end, he became bedridden.

One of his neighbors asked Uncle Youhui's son about his illnesses. The neighbor then asked his son to check with him if he would like to read some Buddha books. Upon hearing the word "Buddha books," Uncle Youhui was very delighted and kept saying, "Yes, yes, please give me the book." After his son put the book Zhuan Falun in his hands, he treasured it very much. He turned to the page with Teacher's picture on it and saw the picture shining like gold. He was elated and said, "This is what I'm looking for." It was deep winter at that time and was freezing cold. However, Uncle Youhui felt his whole body become very warm. That day, he, a person bedridden for a long time, stayed up past 10 at night reading the book. He didn't go to sleep until his son urged him to rest many times. Thus he finished reading Zhuan Falun in about 4 to 5 days.

Several days later, two Falun Gong practitioners went to his home to visit him. He said, "This is a real Buddha book and a very precious book. I feel much better after reading it." Practitioners asked, "Since you feel it's good, don't you want to start the exercises?" He replied, "Sure. I want to practice the exercises." The next day, he asked his son to carry him to the practice site at 3:00 in the morning. After getting there, he almost forgot he was a terminally ill person and asked his son to go home first, "I'll go home myself after finishing the exercises." It turned out he was able to walk home very easily after exercises that day. Since then he had been walking on the path of cultivating Falun Gong.

After one or two months of cultivation, his illnesses all went away. He would tell whomever he met that Master Li gave him a second life.

After Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in July 20, 1999, the village security officer came to tell Uncle Youhui not to practice Falun Gong anymore. He also wanted to confiscate Uncle Youhui's Falun Gong books. Uncle Youhui asked why, and the officer said, "I don't know. But if the higher authority says you can't, then you can't." Uncle Youhui just couldn't understand why Jiang's regime would ban such a good practice. So he kept practicing at home. The local police officers and village security officer often came to harass him in the middle of the night. They also ransacked his home. Despite all this, Uncle Youhui refused to cooperate with them. In the autumn of 2001, the police arrested him and sent him to Jiedong Detention Center where he was tortured. He vomited blood as a result of the torture. Not wanting to take responsibility, the police reluctantly released him.

After returning home, Uncle Youhui kept on practicing Falun Gong. Soon his health improved. Seeing he had recovered, the police attempted to arrest him again. Uncle Youhui said, "I am very clearheaded. There is nothing wrong with Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. I don't need to go to the brainwashing class. It is you that should be sent there." The police were furious after listening to Uncle Youhui's words, so they dragged him out of his home and forced him into the police van. Uncle Youhui was short of breath and couldn't speak because of the police's violence. The police did not want to get themselves into trouble, so they had to release Uncle Youhui.

Around September 2003, the local police station and the "610 Office" abducted Uncle Youhui again and sent him to the brainwashing class. During the arrest, the police had applied violence on him. Because of the repeated harassment, intimidation and arrest, a kind old man was devastated both mentally and physically. Several months after Uncle Youhui was released from the brainwashing class, his old illnesses relapsed. He passed away on February 14, 2004 of the lunar calendar.