Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Information about How Ms. Chen Xingtao from Yueyang City, Hunan Province was Tortured to Death

June 12, 2004 |   By Li Yuejin

(Clearwisdom.net) Since July 1999, my family has suffered persecution by local officials. Both my parents and my wife died one after another as a result of the persecution.

1. With the government coming to arrest people every 3-5 days, my mother could not bear the anxiety, and died from the stress of threats and intimidation on August 10, 1999.

2. My wife Chen Xingtao became crippled as a result of the persecution and died on May 27, 2002.

3. My father saw the family broken apart by the persecution and was grief-stricken and indignant. He died on December 23, 2002.

My wife, Chen Xingtao, was born on February 11, 1963. She was 39 years old and of Han ethnicity. She lived in Xinzhuang Group, Guqiao Village, Yanglin Town, Yueyang County, Hunan Province. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998 and acted according to the standards of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." She simply wanted to be a good person and always thought of others first. On July 24, 1999, Fang Qinglong from the town government came to our home and confiscated Falun Gong books and home electronics valued at 964 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China]. In 2000, they illegally detained Ms. Chen and stole 600 Yuan in cash from her. They put her in shackles at the detention center for more than one month. Xie Zehua, the deputy director of the detention center, beat her and illegally extorted 1,500 Yuan before releasing her. On December 22 of the same year, she was detained again in the detention center for 23 days until January 8, 2001, when she was released after Guo Shengqiang and Liu Quanke fined her 1,000 Yuan and 200 Yuan for boarding costs.

On January 19, only several days after my wife returned home, Fang Qinglong and others from the town government forcibly detained her at the detention center again until January 31, 2001, when they sent her to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City.

In the forced labor camp, the policemen tried to force her to give up her belief in Falun Dafa. They beat her with clubs, and had her handcuffed, even while she slept. On March 24, 2001, the policemen in the forced labor camp called her to the office. As soon as she arrived, three policemen pushed her back against the wall and used electric batons to severely burn her palms. They pushed her to the ground and used police batons to beat her feet. They beat her for several hours, and she was left with scars and blisters all over her body. Under the pressure of persecution from the policemen in the forced labor camp, she was forced to jump from the second floor on the morning of April 1. When the leader of the forced labor camp discovered this, they tried to cover the truth by fabricating a false confession and forcing her to sign. They also made TV programs to broadcast the fabrication, using every means possible to fool and deceive people.

My wife's back was broken from the fall, and she underwent surgery, requiring 14 stitches and leaving a scar over 7 inches long, After the surgery, her lower body was paralyzed and numb and she suffered incontinence of the bowel. Still the police officers cuffed her to the bed. The most notorious was policewoman Zhu Rong. She handcuffed my wife to the bedside and slapped her face. Zhu Rong also smeared toothpaste on her eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and other places, causing her to shed tears, and feel discomfort while unable to move. At the same time, Zhu Rong denied her both food and water, despite her serious condition.

On April 9, director Zhao of the forced labor camp came to the hospital and threatened me, "If she dies in the hospital, we will not take responsibility. The police baton only hurts the skin, not the bones." On May 10, director Yi of the forced labor camp came to the hospital and said "Stop giving her medication, she can go home." At that point, my wife was totally paralyzed, losing all feeling and suffering incontinence of the bowel. Her legs became thin and atrophied. On the morning of May 12, my wife and her family were not given breakfast or lunch. Section Chief Fang of the forced labor camp threatened, "If you don't take her home now, after today, there will not be another chance, even if you want to take her home later." Fang made several phone calls to my father-in-law in a very strong tone, threatening and intimidating the illiterate senior citizen. Under their threat, my father-in-law, over 60 years old, went to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp on his own on May 17. The forced labor camp forcibly sent my wife to the Yueyang City government right away. When the people in charge of Yueyang City and County government saw her serious condition, they made excuses not to accept her for more than four hours. Because Yueyang City and County government rejected her, the forced labor camp made my father-in-law sign his name, pay 2,000 Yuan in cash to settle this, and rent a car to send my wife home.

On June 15, after my wife returned home, the wound at the base of her spine became infected from the inside. The wound area was the size of a fist and two vertebrae had been removed. She could not sit or lie down, and the rotting flesh emitted an unbearable stench. At that time, I asked Chen Jihong, the secretary of Politics and Law Committee to investigate, and report the facts to a higher level of government, but no one came. With no other choice, I went to the provincial supreme court, where I was told, "Cases with no criminal charge need to see the Public Security Bureau." The Public Security Bureau told me to go to the Forced Labor Bureau, and the Forced Labor Bureau told me to go to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. No official accepted the case or tried to help.

On April 29, 2002, my wife's condition deteriorated. Her whole body festered. My father-in-law sent her to the County People's Hospital on his own, and prepaid 5,000 Yuan for her to be hospitalized. After treating her for one day and night, the government officials clearly knew that her family members had no money but they still had the hospital ask them to pay 50,000 Yuan deposit before treating her. Unable to pay, her family members had to take my wife home. How could government officials be so heartless? Where is their conscience? My wife, Chen Xingtao, died at 8:00 a.m. on May 27 in her home. She died as a result of the persecution by lawless officials.

I want to ask the government officials at all levels, people from all walks of life and kind hearted people everywhere: why is there no kindness among officials in Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City and local officials? What happened to human rights? Where is humanitarianism? Is there no justice from government officials at any level? I must have justice.

May 27, 2004