Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Zhang Yuzhen from Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province Tortured to Death

May 11, 2004 |  


Zhang Yuzhen, 48, was an employee of a rubber plant in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. She lived in an apartment building in Gongrenxincun, Qiaoxi District of Zhangjiakou City. In 1998, she was diagnosed with late stage lymphoid cancer and was on the verge of death. But after she took up the practice of Falun Gong, she miraculously recovered and resumed her work.

After Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Zhang Yuzhen brought her medical records to Beijing to appeal, hoping to let the government know that Falun Gong is good through her own experiences. However, the Beijing police arrested her, and later informed her local police to take her back. After she was taken back to Zhangjiakou City, she was illegally detained and fined. She was later released, but police from Beixincun Police Station kept coming to her home and work unit to harass her. She was abducted many times and sent to brainwashing classes. In order to avoid further persecution, Zhang was forced to leave home and wander around temporarily.

On the night of February 17, 2004, Zhang Yuzhen was arrested at home by the Dajingmen Police Station and sent to Shisanli Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Then she was sent to Shalingzipiandi Legal School (an illegal brainwashing class) to be tortured. In mid-April, when her family went to visit her, they found she was not clear-headed and seemed to be in a state of mental disorder. However, the police refused to release her or provide any treatment for her. As a result, she died on May 4, 2004. The Dajingmen Police Station didn't inform her family until after her death.

Zhang Yuzhen survived lymphoid cancer, but she was killed just because she believed in Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance and strived to be a good person. Not long before her death, another practitioner, Ms. Yang Yufang from Waidongyaozi, Zhangjiakou City, was also tortured to death.