Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Mr. Cao Yuqiang Dies as a Result of Persecution (Photo)

April 22, 2004 |   By a Dafa practitioner in Liaoning Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Mr. Cao Yuqiang was in his 40s and lived in Shanqian Village, Xudatun Town, Pulandian City, Liaoning Province. He suffered cruel persecution ever since July 20, 1999, when Jiang's group began persecuting Falun Gong. Mr. Cao was detained numerous times and savagely tortured. On January 26, 2003, police officers from Pulandian City Railroad Police Station arrested and sent him to Fengsong Police Station, and later to a detention center. Cao Yuqiang firmly resisted the persecution while at the detention center and held a 95-day hunger strike before he was unconditionally released. Sadly though, the tortures had severely injured him. He passed away at home at 6:00 p.m. on April 8, 2004, within one year after his release.

Cao Yuqiang had been in great physical condition and weighed about 176 lbs. After suffering fiendish tortures his weight dropped to about 88 lbs, and his thighs were skinnier than an average person's arm. He could not take care of himself after he was sent home and constantly coughed up phlegm and vomited. According to witnesses, there were numerous scars and bruises on Cao Yuqiang's body and deep cuts on his wrists from long-term handcuffing.

We call on the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong and people around the world to extend their hands in support and pay attention to the persecution of innocent Dafa practitioners in China. Stop this senseless and cruel persecution, and punish those who persecuted Cao Yuqiang!

Perpetrators and their phone numbers:

Yi Demin: security secretary for Shanqian Village, Xudatun Town, Pulandian City, Liaoning Province

Sun Changquan: village party secretary

Xu Gongwen and Li Guangyou: security personnel

Zhang Jie: former political instructor at Xudatun Town's Police Station

Song Shijun: police officer

Feng Haichang: head of the Politics and Security Division for the Pulandian City Police Department

Zhang Fujiu: head of the specialized administration bureau

Wang Youcai: head of the Comprehensive Administration Office

Zhang Chuang: head of Xingtai Town's Police Station

Zhang Dehai: head of Lianshan Town's Police Station, currently working at the Fengrong Police Station in Pulandian City

Wang Fugang: deputy head of Pulandian City Detention Center

Yan Wei: prison doctor

Qu Naixian: guard

Sun Mousheng: head of the "610 Office"

Hu Haiguang: deputy head of the Guanshanzi Labor Camp in Changtu County

Other related articles:

Latest News from China - February 6, 2004



The Persecution My Family and I Have Suffered in the Past Four Years

(Translated from http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2004/2/15/67528.html)

By Cao Yuqiang, a Dafa practitioner in China

On the evening of July 20, 1999, we were doing Dafa exercises when several village officials led by village security head Yi Demin came to my home and told us we could no longer practice Falun Gong or we would be arrested. Seeing that we continued to do the exercises, they left. Soon afterwards, police officers An Bo and Zhou Jingqun came to my home and ordered me to sign a "guarantee statement" to promise I would not do the Dafa exercises or appeal for Dafa. I refused and they left. My family and I decided to go to Dalian City to appeal.

On the evening of July 22, Zhang Jie, former political instructor for the Xudatun Town Police Station led police officers An Bo, Zhou Jingqun, village party secretary Sun Changquan, village security head Yi Demin, security officers Xu Gongwen and Li Guangyou. They sneaked into my home at midnight, without a warrant and began ransacking my home. There was no one home at the time because I had gone to Dalian to appeal and my wife was being held at the police station.

On the afternoon of July 23, I returned from Dalian City and saw my home was in a mess. My child was sick and being treated, and the floor was covered with dirty footprints. The house was empty. Soon, police officers came and abducted me, and officer An Bo started to interrogate me. He attacked Dafa but later left when he saw I didn't respond to his vicious words. A while later, security head Yi Demin came in with a rubber club and tried to beat me, but suddenly a rainstorm hit and it blew out the light and shattered the windows at the police station. My family came to the police station and I was spared from violent treatment. The perpetrators forced my family and friends to persuade me to give up Dafa practice, but I didn't listen to them and instead told them the facts. I was released in the afternoon of July 27 after four days of detention.

In September, I went to Beijing to appeal and was brought back by five perpetrators, including Feng Haichang, head of the Politics and Security Division of Pu City's Police Department. They sent me to a detention center where they tortured Dafa practitioners with physical abuse and slave labor. They also incarcerated Dafa practitioners with long-term detention and collected large "fines." I wrote a "guarantee statement" due to a lack of righteous thoughts and was released on December 15, 1999. After returning home I learned that I had been fined 3,000 Yuan for the ten-day stay at the detention center.

In late 1999, Liu Changan, the former head of Xudatun Town's Police Station had a car accident. In 2000, Shixingtai Police Station and Xudatun Town Police Station merged, and Teng was fired and sent home. That was a warning for those who persecuted Dafa.

In 2001, the Xingtai Police Station officials suspected that I had distributed truth clarification flyers and hung up banners in the surrounding areas. Late in the evening of April 29, police officer Duo Buyang, security officers Xu Gongwen and Li Wenwen and security head Yi Demin broke into my home. It was raining at the time and I was out working. They pounded on the door. My wife opened the window and asked them what they were doing. She was wearing a thin shirt and sweatpants at the time. They grabbed my wife by her hair and pulled her out through the window and pushed her into a police car. My seven-year-old son was terrified and started crying. My mother confronted them and they struck her to the ground in a puddle of water. As executors of the law, instead they again violated the law and broke into a civilian residence and deprived people of their personal freedom and safety.

Around 3 p.m. January 26, 2003, officers from the Railroad Police Station abducted me. At the train station I shouted, "Falun Dafa is good," and they covered my mouth and hit my head with a briefcase. They eventually pushed me into a police car and drove me to the Fengrong Police Station. Many perpetrators were present. Among them were Zhang Fujiu, head of the Specialized Administration Bureau of the Police Department, Feng Haichang, head of the Politics and Security Division and Wang Youcai, head of the Comprehensive Administration Office. Around 9:00 p.m. they ordered two roughnecks to take me to an interrogation room, where they struck me to the ground, rolled up my pants, and Zhang Fujiu fiercely hit my calves with a metal tube four-centimeter in diameter. I kept silent, so he scraped my calves with his army boots. Soon, he saw that the hand that held the metal tube was bleeding, so he went to the men's room.

Later they decided to immediately send me to a detention center. I was locked into No. 4 cell and firmly resisted the persecution. As a result, a guard ordered inmates to torture me. They didn't allow me to sleep. They ordered me to stand in the men's room until daybreak, facing the wall. Qu Naixian, guard of No. 4 cell, ordered me to wear the prison uniform and I refused. He then ordered inmates to cuff me to the wall and shackle me.

In protest I went on a hunger strike and refused to cooperate with all of their demands. Three days later they force-fed me. On February 2, they ordered inmates to feed me salt and boiling water, after which I felt extremely nauseous; my mind was clear, but I threw up and passed out. They un-cuffed me and gave me an intravenous infusion. I fell asleep when they gave me an intravenous infusion for I was not allowed to sleep for over seven days). After the infusion they again cuffed me to the wall. I lay down by the wall, and a good-natured prisoner put a coat on me. Four or five days later, they took out the feeding tube they had left in me. Three or four days later they again inserted the tube and fed me twice a day. In an attempt to intimidate me, guard Qu Naixian told me the Dafa practitioners in No. 5 Cell were force-fed urine and the inmates defecated into their mouths.

They didn't un-cuff me until after another eighty days later when they sent me to a hospital. When they took me back, guard Qu Naixian said, "You left the Guanshanzi Labor Camp and Huludao City Labor Camp "using" a hunger strike, but don't even think about it this time, because it won't work. You better eat!" I didn't say anything and he left. With Master's help, I persevered for 95 days and was unconditionally released. My weight was around 40 jin at the time. I could not walk and was incontinent. I could not take care of myself and was diagnosed with tuberculosis. I couldn't work for more than half a year.

Wang Fugang, deputy head of the detention center, has received karmic retribution. Two prisoners in a cell under his supervision were beaten to death and he was fired from the Pulandian City Detention Center. Guard Qu Naixian beat a prisoner to death. In order to save his job, the head of Pulandian City's Police Department turned a prisoner into a scapegoat and silenced the prisoner's family with a large amount of money. Qu Naixian has been transferred from the Detention Center. These perpetrators would not spare good, innocent people while they tried their best to cover up their own crimes.

In early December 2003, Sun Mousheng, the town's Politics and Law committee secretary (name unknown) and Yi Demin came to my home to harass me. On their way to my home, Yi Demin suddenly lost consciousness and was rushed to a hospital. Village party secretary Sun Changquan has received retribution for persecuting Dafa practitioners. He is suffering from excruciating pain all over his body, and the doctor failed to reach a diagnosis.

Since July 20, 1999, the police have ransacked my home four times, two of which were done at night and without any warrant. They also harassed me countless times during the day. Many Dafa practitioners have suffered persecution much more severe than I, many families have been broken up and many practitioners forced to leave home, yet they still persist in clarifying the truth to people.

With benevolent hearts, the practitioners tell people that "Falun Dafa is good, and Truth-Compassion-Tolerance is good!"