Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Zhou Fengping from Zhuji, Zhejiang Province Is Tortured to Death and Her Mother is Missing

April 12, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) During the Chinese spring holidays of 2001, Ms. Zhou Fengping from Zhuji, Zhejiang Province, was abducted by the police due to posting Falun Gong flyers, and then sentenced to "reeducation through forced labor." Ms. Zhou was tortured in the forced labor camp until she had a mental breakdown, and was released a year later because the authorities did not want to take responsibility if she died there. After coming home, Ms. Zhou continued to suffer from the effects of the mental breakdown, and then after 6 months at home, she passed away.

Zhou Fengping's mother, Dafa practitioner Zhou Guilian from Zhuji, Zhejiang Province, has been abducted by the local Public Security Bureau.

Zhou Guilian is over seventy years old. She used to get up at 2 or 3 a.m. every day. She first read Teacher's book, then practiced Falun Gong exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts. After sending forth righteous thoughts at 7 a.m., she went out to clarify the facts about Falun Gong to people. She went to sleep after sending righteous thoughts at 12 o'clock midnight. Every day she only slept about two or three hours. She went everywhere in the city to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. It didn't matter whether it was the busy streets or the small lanes. As soon as she saw people, she would tell them how good Dafa is. She often spoke with strong conviction to people in the markets why the Tiananmen Square self-immolation incident was a fabrication, and blamed the authorities for framing Falun Gong.

Recently she went to the Public Security Bureau with Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials and wanted to give the materials directly to the chief; since the chief wasn't there, she left the materials for others. She went to the Public Security Bureau two times. The last time she wanted not only to see the chief, but also to demand the return of Dafa books and materials which had been taken by the authorities; meanwhile she wanted to discuss her daughter's case too. However, the authorities never allowed her to return home. So far no more information is known about what happened to her.