(Clearwisdom.net) Li Songtao, a 31-year-old male, is the deputy head of the Second Brigade (Special Team set up to persecute Falun Gong practitioners) of Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp. Li Songtao threatened, deceived and physically tortured practitioners. Li is the direct murderer of practitioner Xiao Peng. He is also responsible for the death of practitioner Shi Zhongyan.
In October 2000, the forced labor camp set up the Second Brigade to persecute practitioners. Li Songtao was the leader of a sub-team of the Second Brigade. The head of the Education Section, Chen Ligang, directed the persecution of practitioners in Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp. Li Songtao became the main person in charge in the Second Brigade. The forced labor camp sent him to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp to study ways to persecute steadfast Falun Gong practitioners. He actively contributed detailed arrangement as to how to implement the plan to transform practitioners, and gave guidelines on how to evaluate the job "success." Because of his so-called "outstanding work" on transforming practitioners, Li Songtao was promoted to the position of deputy head of the Second Brigade.
The following is a record of Li Songtao's crimes in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners:
1. After the Second Brigade was set up, the "Collaborators Group" from Masanjia Forced Labor Camp came to Jizhou City Forced Labor Camp and began the individual brainwashing on every practitioner [collaborators are former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture]. Li Songtao organized a "Management Committee" among the collaborators. During the transformation work, Li Songtao met with the "Management Committee" every morning to arrange the detailed tasks for each member. All the collaborators, including the members of the "Management Committee," had to report to Li every day. The collaborators who seemed hesitant to force the practitioners to denounce Falun Gong were required to report their thoughts and activities every day.
Li was involved in every detail of the persecution. He set up the "Monitoring System" (where several collaborators or common criminals were assigned to monitor each practitioner), he organized the "Collaborators Group," and he even made decisions about increasing or reducing the sentences of practitioners.
2. In the so-called "Station of Harsh 'Transformation'," Li reported daily to the labor camp about the situation of the transformation work and produced a weekly work summary. Every day, he talked with the collaborators, slandered Falun Dafa, separated practitioners from each other and tried to shake Dafa practitioners' righteous belief in Dafa. He adopted the method of prolonged torture, such as depriving those steadfast practitioners of sleep and torturing them every day until the early morning. The attack and torture of practitioner Wang Zhoushan lasted continuously for 19 days.
3. When the so-called "communication and education" failed to transform the steadfast practitioners, Li Songtao then used violence on them. He forced practitioners to stand still for a long time, beat them with electric batons, and more. He brutally beat and shocked many practitioners. In March 2001, Li Songtao ordered practitioner Xiao Peng to write a slanderous "denouncing statement" to curse Falun Dafa and its founder. Under the extreme pressure, Xiao Peng wrote the statement though it was against his own will. When Xiao Peng became clear minded later, he wrote a solemn declaration saying that the things he wrote under pressure and persecution were invalid and that he would keep practicing Falun Gong. Being angry at Xiao Peng's action, Li Songtao and policeman Yang Yanlun took Xiao Peng into a dark, dirty, empty room. They shackled Xiao Peng to a metal chair and shocked him with electric batons. One day in mid-March, Li Songtao and Ma Yong brought Xiao Peng to a single story building behind the Second Brigade. They shackled Xiao Peng to a metal chair. One of them shocked Xiao Peng on his chest and abdomen while the other shocked Xiao Peng on his feet. They did not stop until the skin on Xiao Peng's chest was badly burned to a charcoal color. After several rounds of such cruel torture, Xiao Peng became mentally disordered. Li Songtao arranged several collaborators to watch Xiao Peng around the clock. Once, Li Songtao tied Xiao Peng to a chair and slapped his face more than ten times. On April 11, 2001, Xiao Peng became mentally unstable and was sent home. Xiao Peng passed away later. Li Songtao is directly responsible for Xiao Peng's death.
4. The forced labor camp got a worker named Feng Shoumin from the Oil Chemistry Company to give a speech attacking Falun Dafa. To protest the slandering of Dafa, practitioner Song Gang left in the middle of the speech. Li Songtao forcefully took Song Gang to a room on the first floor and tied him to a metal chair. To prevent Song Gang from screaming under the torture, Li Songtao ordered criminal Sun Weichen to tie a criminal's vest around Song Gang's head, covering his mouth. Li Songtao and Ma Yong used two electric batons to repeatedly shock Mr. Song's neck, armpits, both sides of his body, and his abdomen and feet. Every place the electric baton touched became red and swollen. When they stopped after twenty to thirty minutes, the whole room was full of the smell of burned flesh. Song Gang was under extreme pain, but could not cry out. In the struggling under the torture, his wrists and ankles were torn and bleeding from the iron shackles restraining him. After the electric shocks, Li Songtao left Song Gang on the chair and would not release him. After a while, Li Songtao forced Song Gang to squat down and stay in that position until 9 p.m. Then, Li Songtao took over the electric batons and chargers, and said to Song Gang, "Let me help you to be clear minded." He and Ma Yong kept shocking Song Gang again on his chest, abdomen, neck, armpits, feet and other sensitive places of his body. They stopped after more than twenty minutes, and Song Gang was paralyzed in the chair and was unable to move or walk.
5. Li Songtao also forced practitioners' family members, who were not aware of the truth of Falun Dafa and the persecution, to help him force practitioners to give up Falun Gong. Because practitioner Zhao Lianquan did not give up Falun Gong after talking with his family members, Li Songtao and another policeman brought Zhao to an empty room and tied him up to a metal chair. They used two electric batons to shock Zhao on both sides of his body. Zhao lost consciousness under the torture. They sprayed water on him and pinched his "Renzhong" (acupuncture point a little above the midpoint of the philtrum, near the nostrils). When Zhao Lianquan regained consciousness, they asked him, "Will you give up Falun Dafa?" Zhao answered, "No." The two policemen started shocking him again and did not stop until Zhao's face was pale, he had difficulty breathing and nearly lost consciousness.
6. On March 28, 2001, Li Songtao, along with policemen Feng Zibin and Zhang Jiashan took practitioner Liu Yongsheng to the empty single story building behind the Second Brigade. They shackled both Liu Yongsheng's legs and hands to a metal chair. The three of them tortured him together. Li Songtao used the electric baton to shock Liu Yongsheng's private parts.
7. Starting from September 2002, every steadfast practitioner was brought to one of two cold torture chambers in the north side of a certain building. The police mainly used two methods of torture: They would handcuff the practitioner's hands behind his back and put a hard plastic construction hat on him. Sometimes, they inserted a special instrument into the practitioner's mouth to keep it open. They used a big office desk to force the practitioner to stand in the corner of the room. Small teams of two policemen and one criminal were formed. They took turns interrogating and cursing the practitioner and Dafa. They also played slanderous videos on TV at the same time. The police took the shift every three hours while the criminals took the shift every six hours. In all, six policemen worked three shifts every day. The practitioner was deprived of sleep and was forced to stand for 24 hours every day. The perpetrators used electric batons to beat and shock the practitioner. Sometimes, they used four electric batons to torture a practitioner at the same time. If the first method did not work on the practitioner, they then shackled the practitioner's hands and feet to a big metal chair. It was the same as the first method, but they used more electric batons on the practitioner. Sometimes, they used a more cruel method by inserting objects under the practitioner to make it more uncomfortable to sit.
During such torture sessions, Li Songtao gave more vicious instructions for Zhang Jiashan, Yang Tinglun, Feng Zibin and Zhang Chunfeng to implement. They brutally tortured practitioner Wang Yuquan and caused Mr. Wang's stomach to bleed. Mr. Wang's stomach would not stop bleeding. After two days and nights of consecutive torture, practitioner Wang Zhoushan's legs were deformed. His legs were black and blue and his mind was disordered.
8. On the morning of December 30, 2002, the police sent practitioner Wang Guiling to the Second Brigade. Around 10 p.m., Li Songtao told others that he wanted to have Wang Guiling give up quickly. They held Wang Guiling down on the ground. Then several policemen (Zhang Jiashan, Yang Tinglun, Zhang Chunfeng, Feng Zibin and Li Songtao) and a criminal with the surname An forcefully pulled Wang Guiling's legs in opposite directions. When they saw no effect after torturing him like this for more than 10 minutes, they tightly tied up his legs with ropes, stripped off his socks, and shocked his feet with electric batons. Wang Guiling was in such pain that the rope tied around his legs was broken twice from his struggling. They held Wang Guiling down on the ground and used electric batons to shock him all over his body.
9. In 2003, Li Songtao and the newly appointed team head, Bai Jinlong, together made up a lengthy regulation to humiliate and persecute Falun Gong practitioners. They brutally beat up steadfast practitioners, forcefully put practitioners' legs into a crossed position, tied up practitioners, shocked them for a prolonged time, deprived them of sleep, forced them to stand, forced practitioners to wear torture instruments, etc. Those practitioners who were "transformed by force" and are currently detained in the labor camp were all tortured directly or indirectly by Li Songtao. Li Songtao is the main criminal in torturing practitioners. He even brazenly taunted the practitioners saying, "Whoever dares to resist being transformed, come to Li!"
10. Li Songtao also played pornographic videos in front of practitioners, attempting to shake practitioners' firmness in Dafa.
11. On December 5, 2003, Li Songtao, along with the deputy head of the Education Section, and policemen Li Hongyu, Zhang Chunfeng, Zhou Jinyao and Han Jianjun brought the torture instruments that they often used on practitioners at Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. They went together with policemen from the "Special Education Team" of Benxi and Fuxin Forced Labor Camps to Masanjia where they conducted a 21-day torture session of more than seventy steadfast Falun Gong practitioners. The policemen of Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp not only received their regular salaries, but they also all received a bonus of 300 yuan from the Law and Judicial Ministry [500 yuan is equal to the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China]. Li Songtao was also appointed as the instructor of the Second Brigade.
Practitioner Liu Changpin was subjected to the torture of electric shocks, and practitioner Shi Zhongyan was tortured to death. Li Songtao is responsible for both cases.
The above are just some of Li Songtao's crimes in persecuting practitioners.
Li Songtao: 86-416-4170721, 86-13604164126 (cell phone)
February 16, 2004