Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Two Death Allotment Given to Sanction the Persecution Against Falun Gong Practitioners at the Shibalihe Woman's Labor Camp, Henan Province

February 24, 2004 |  

February 1, 2004


On April 20, 2003, the head of the Shibalihe Women's Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, received special permission from the Henan Provincial Labor Education Bureau that an allotment of two deaths of Falun Gong practitioners was issued to the labor camp. This was given to the labor camp to sanction the escalation of violence against Falun Gong practitioners in order to use any means to get them to renounce their belief and give up their practice of Falun Gong. The labor camp deployed police from the Fifth Prison of Xinxiang City, Henan Province and as well as police from the Third Labor Camp of Xuchang City, Henan Province to start a round of beatings and persecution against Falun Gong practitioners. The police said, "We'll take no responsibility even if two of you are beaten to death, because the labor camp has received permission for two people to die! Nobody will be released unless they change their stance!" etc. They assigned personal cangues (cangue is the name of torture instrument, and here it refers to the prisoner who was selected to monitor the behavior of practitioners) to closely monitor the activities of the Falun Gong practitioners in the labor camp. Having dinner, sleeping, working, using the toilet and speaking were all activities that were closely monitored. Prisoners were given sentence reductions to encourage them to persecute Falun Gong practitioners, with a larger sentence reduction given for more persecution against practitioners. Any prisoner who would not participate in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners was instead given sentence extensions. This was a method used to incite prisoners into participating in the persecution. Day and night those personal cangues took turns abusively shouting at, cruelly beating and forcing practitioners to continuously stand without a break. The practitioners were not allowed to sleep and were cruelly tortured even further for refusing to change their attitude toward Dafa.

Policemen Cruelly Tortured Dafa Practitioner Zhou Guizhen for 24 Hours

Because of her persistence in cultivation, Dafa practitioner Zhou Guizhen was arrested at her home and sent to a brainwashing class in the Wanqing Mountain Village of Zhengzhou City. The authorities tried to force her to give up her belief in Dafa and monitored her for 24 hours with a specifically assigned person named Ma who accompanied her wherever she was. Because Zhou Guizhen went on hunger strike to protest this treatment she was further persecuted and cruelly beaten by Ma.

In January 2003, Zhou Guizhen was sent to the Shibalihe Women's Labor Camp. Because of the cruel torture she received there, she was forced to say some words against Dafa. During their supposed victory meeting, the policemen ordered her to read the repentance statement (In this statement the practitioner is forced to admit remorse for practicing Falun Gong, promise to give up Falun Gong, and never again associate with other practitioners or go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong). However, she instead stated that she had been forced under cruel torture to renounce her belief, and that she had done so because she could not bear the mental and physical torture anymore. At the same time, she declared her so-called repentance statement as null and void. Everyone at the meeting was astonished. That night policemen continued their torture of Zhou Guizhen by hanging her from a rope for a continuous 24-hour period, during which her legs and hands were both tied up, her eyes were taped open in order to prevent her from sleeping, her ears were stuffed with earphones so she was forced to listen to constant broadcasts defaming Falun Dafa and Teacher, and her mouth was stuffed with dirty rags taped across her mouth and around her neck. After a while Zhou Guizhen began to suffocate from being gagged like this. Her face turned bright red and her eyes stared into nothing because the rags had blocked her trachea. Upon seeing this, the policemen loosened the rope but still did not stop the torture until 24 hours later. The great suffering she went through was evident in the fact that her left arm, hands, legs and feet were so swollen that it took her 9 months to recover during which time she could not take care of herself.

The police tried all possible ways to persecute Dafa practitioners detained in the Shibalihe Labor Camp. First they set up tricks to deceive the Dafa practitioners. Then they tried to study the minds of practitioners searching for loopholes to use against them. If the tricks of deception, affection and threats had no effect, they would use criminals to act as hatchet men to continuously torture, beat, verbally abuse and also confine Dafa practitioners.

Dafa practitioner Chen Lijun Was Sent to the Labor Camp Three Times Because of Her Persistence in Dafa

Dafa practitioner Chen Lijun had been illegally sent to the Shibalihe Women's Labor Camp three times. The first time she was sentenced to one year of forced labor education and the second time she was sentenced to one year plus an extended term of three months. When the second term was finished she was not allowed to go home and was instead directly sent to brainwashing classes. Because of her persistence in Dafa, Chen Lijun was sent back to the Shibalihe Women's Labor Camp for the third time, where she was frequently tortured by the guards that were trying to force her to give up her belief in Dafa. Presently she even had great difficulty walking properly and is disabled in one leg due to the intense violence she suffered while detained in the labor camp.