Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Family Tragedy: Mr. Bi Wenming is Tortured to Death, His Parents-in-law Die from the Stress of Relentless Persecution

December 31, 2004 |   By a practitioner in Gansu Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Bi Wenming, his father-in-law Huang Zhiyi and his mother-in-law He Chunmei in Longxi County, Gansu Province have died from the persecution. The guards at Dingxi Prison brutally beat Bi Wenming and shocked him with electric batons, which directly resulted in his death on September 3, 2004. His body was covered with scars and bruises at the time of his death. His father-in-law, Huang Zhiyi died from persecution on January 19, 2002, and his mother-in-law He Chunmei died from grief on September 30, 2004.

Bi Wenming was 34 years old. He used to live in Dongying City, Shandong Province and later lived in the west suburban area of Gansu Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. His parents-in-law, Huang Zhiyi and He Chunmei began practicing Falun Dafa around 1998. Ms. He Chunmei was 60 years old and was illiterate and very sickly before she practiced Falun Dafa. Several months after she started practicing Falun Gong, she not only became completely healthy, but was also able to read the book Zhuan Falun, the main Falun Gong cultivation text. In the 15 days during which Mr. Huang Zhiyi helped his wife to read Zhuan Falun, his post-operative wound of six years automatically healed. He was very surprised by this miracle.

After the brutal persecution of Falun Gong began, Bi Wenming, went to Beijing to appeal in February 2000. When he returned, he was illegally detained at the Longxi County Detention Center and was held there for one month. In December 2000, He Chunmei and Huang Zhiyi, along with Bi Wenming and his wife went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He Chunmei and Huang Zhiyi were sent back to Shandong Province and were illegally held at a local prison for six months. Bi Wenming was again illegally held in Beijing for one month and left home after he was released to avoid further persecution.

In an attempt to arrest Bi Wenming and his wife, the local police monitored their residence, which they shared with their parents. The officials constantly harassed and asserted pressure on He Chunmei and Huang Zhiyi, threatening to arrest them if they didn't turn in their daughter and son-in-law to the police. Due to extreme mental stress, Huang Zhiyi suffered a relapse of his old illness and passed away on January 19, 2002.

In February 2002, Bi Wenming was arrested in Lanzhou City by police officers from the Qilihe Police Department. He was illegally held at the Xiguoyuan Detention Center in Lanzhou City and was then was sent to the Longxi County Detention Center. In 2003 he was sentenced to three years in prison and was held at Lanzhou Prison. In 2004 he was transferred to the Dingxi Prison. Bi Wenming was very determined in his belief in Falun Dafa and resisted the persecution against him and other Dafa practitioners during the illegal detention.

On September 1, 2004, Shi Wenrui, head of the Dingxi Prison, ordered Dafa practitioner Wang Peng to be shocked with numerous electric batons for a long time. On September 2, Gao, Division 3 instructor and Li, head of Division 3, led a group of perpetrators. They shocked Wang Peng from 7:50 a.m. to 1 p.m. using a dozen electric batons while beating him at the same time.

Instructors Li and Zhang Jianying shocked practitioners Bi Wenming, Jin Zhilin, Xu Feng and Wang Yuping at Division 4 with electric batons. During the morning of September 2, the guards ordered two inmates to beat Bi Wenming. In the afternoon, five or six guards dragged Bi Wenming into a solitary confinement cell and tortured him with a high-voltage electric chair. Around 5:00 p.m., Bi Wenming was carried out of the solitary confinement.

On September 3, the guards ordered the inmates to beat Bi Wenming; then they shocked him with electric batons until he died. It is said that people heard Bi Wenming shouting, "Falun Dafa is great" and they also heard the beating.

After Bi Wenming died, the Dingxi City government, the judicial bureau, the legal system, the public prosecutor and the 610 Office tried to cover up the case, saying Bi Wenming died from suicide. Bi Wenming's family visited him in prison on August 30. At that time he was calm and rational. It is not credible that he committed suicide because he showed no such intent and Falun Gong teachings forbid suicide. The high public prosecutor of Gansu Province is currently involved in the investigation of this case.

After her husband passed away and her daughter and son-in-law were forced into homelessness, He Chunmei suffered tremendously from worry and grief. After she learned her son-in-law Bi Wenming was tortured to death on September 3, her condition worsened drastically and she passed away on September 30, 2004.

Longxi County Police Department: 86-932-6622128, 86-932-6622129
Longxi County Detention Center: 86-932-6627272
Head of Wenfeng Town Police Station: 86-932-668551
Wang Chengqun: head of the Police Station, Non-ferrous Metallurgy Machinery Factory, 86-932-6628616(Office), 86-13079347622 (Cell)
Secretary of Political and Judiciary Committee of Longxi County: 86-932-6622712 (office)
Xibei Aluminum Processing Factory Police Station in west suburban Longxi County: 86-932-6629894