Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of Other Articles and News - December 12, 2004

December 30, 2004 |  


Facts of the Persecution

1. The persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in 2003 by officials from Anren County of Chenzhou City, Hunan Province

Between 4 and 5 o'clock on the afternoon of April 19, 2003, officials from the Police Department and the Bureau of Politics and Security in Yongxing County, Chenzhou City, Hunan Province, raided the homes of local Falun Gong practitioners and took them to the police department. Around 11:00 p.m. the same day, officials from the police department and the Bureau of Politics and Security in Anren County transferred all detained practitioners to Anren County. Around 2:00 a.m. on April 20, these 18 practitioners were sent to the detention center. Practitioner Cao Linying was interrogated the day after she was detained. The police cuffed her hands behind her back and forced her to kneel down on the ground. They deprived her of sleep for three consecutive days. Practitioner Xu Yunyan's legs were broken from a beating received during interrogation because she refused to tell the police anything. Practitioner Liu Wennv resisted the interrogation. Her clothes were ripped and she coughed up blood due to the beating she received. Practitioner Cao Linfang was interrogated continuously for days without being allowed to sleep. Because there was no real evidence or reason to detain these practitioners any longer, four of the eighteen practitioners were released on the night of April 24, after four days of detention. Later, more practitioners were released after being detained for time periods ranging from two weeks to several months. These practitioners were required to pay extortion money to secure their releases. On April 28, 2003, officials from the Communist Party Committee, the Police Department, the Bureau of Politics and Security, and the 610 Office in Anren County cuffed practitioners' hands behind their backs and put them on trucks to be paraded on the streets. The practitioners shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" In July 2003, the Communist Party Committee of Yongxing County fined the Falun Gong practitioners 15,000 yuan each. Soon afterwards, the five practitioners were illegally sentenced without receiving court judgment papers.

Chinese version available at


2. The brainwashing center in Zhangjia Village, Jiaozhou City, continues to torture Falun Gong practitioners

The Police Department of Jiaozhou City tortures Falun Gong practitioners in a brainwashing center. During the first few days, they interrogate practitioners during the daytime. Later, they begin continuously interrogating practitioners day and night. The practitioners' bodies have been severely devastated due to the constant beatings and sleep deprivation. Falun Gong practitioner Han Daxue from Xima Village of Jiaoxi Township, Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province, was abducted and taken to the brainwashing center on November 13, 2004. Since his abduction, Han Daxue went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. He is being force-fed once or twice a day. His daughter, Han Yu, went to the Jiaozhou City government to appeal for her father's release, but she was also abducted and taken to the brainwashing center. She was detained there for 13 days, and was force-fed more than ten times because she held a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. On November 30, Han Daxue was sentenced to two years of forced labor without any legal procedures. At this time, his family has yet to receive any legal notification concerning his sentence. Practitioner Song Yuling was beaten about the feet by detention center police using bamboo clubs. After her feet lost feeling, the police poured hot water on them. The police also pushed lit cigarettes into her nose. Practitioners in the brainwashing class were forced to get up at 6 in the morning, but Song Yuling could not get out of bed due to the severe injuries she had received during the torture session. One of the guards, Jiang Pinyang, cuffed her to the chair even though she could not even sit up straight by herself, then he beat her and forcibly pushed the chair against the wall. Song Yuling's legs were severely injured as a result.

Chinese version available at


3. The recent situation of the persecution suffered by practitioners from Zhoucun District of Zibo City, Shandong Province

Mr. Li Hongwen is a resident of Zhoucun District of Zibo City, Shandong Province. On November 5, 2004, officers from the Nanying Police Station of Zhoucun District arrested him while he was passing out Falun Gong truth clarifying materials. He was sent to the Dazhuang Detention Center of Zhoucun District. It has been over a month since he was initially detained, yet the authorities have refused all requests for visits by his family. During his detention, the 610 Office of Zhoucun District told his family that it would cost 5,000 yuan to secure his release. His family refused to pay. Li Hongwen has resisted the persecution in the detention center and is likely to be sentenced to forced labor. On December 3, the police station delivered the arrest warrant to his family, which was very late, and not in keeping with proper legal procedures. On the arrest warrant, there was a fingerprint of some unknown person. Li Hongwen's family has asked the police to release him several times but have received no replies from the authorities.

Mr. Liu Guangbao was reported by an informant on December 7 to the Wangcun Police Station for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. The police then searched his home, took him away, and detained him in the Zhoucun 610 Office. His father is over 80 years old and is lying sick in bed. His wife is blind and has to be taken care of by his elderly mother. Recently, as his parents do not have the ability to take care of his blind wife, they had to send her to the 610 Office where Liu Guangbao is detained.

Mr. Zhang Yuchun and Ms. Yu Hong are a couple. To avoid severe persecution, they left home and have wandered the streets for over four years. Right after they returned home to stay for a few days, an informer reported their presence to the 610 Office of Zhoucun District. They were taken to the 610 Office in Zibo City and have been detained in the brainwashing center there ever since. Their father is over 60 years old and has been left at home alone. The father can barely live on the money he earns as a doorman.

Chinese version available at


4. The bitter experience of Falun Gong practitioner Tang Xiewen from Yanghe Township, Huaying City, who was subjected to persecution for handing out truth clarifying cards.

On September 19, 2004, Falun Gong practitioner Tang Xiewen was distributing truth-clarifying cards in Yanghe Township, Huaying City when a person named Liu Kefang reported him to the police. Tang Xiewen was then arrested and detained at the Yanghe Police Station. The police cuffed him from behind and locked him to an iron ring on the wall. He was forced to kneel down and was then slapped in the face. In an attempt to force him to tell where he had obtained the truth clarifying cards, the police kicked his legs and back with their boots, and beat him with nail-covered clubs. Tang Xiewen was cut and bruised all over his body. Policeman Yuan Jianping used a two-foot long steel rod to hit Tang Xiewen on the back more than 20 times, and on the lower abdomen once. Yuan Jianping also put the steel rod under Tang Xiewen's cuffs and lifted them to make him suffer severe pain. Lifting the cuffs this way almost broke his wrists. Tang Xiewen was later transferred to Huaying City Detention Center, where he was detained for a month. On the third day after Tang was arrested, the police from Heyang Police Station ransacked his home and confiscated several Falun Gong books.

Chinese version available at