Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Comprehensive Accounts of the Persecution of Practitioners at the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp (Part I)

December 19, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Since November 1999, Falun Gong practitioners from throughout Hebei Province have been taken to and held at Shijiazhuang City's Forced Labor Camp. During the past five years, the Hebei Province 610 Office directed the persecution, and as a result, eight practitioners were tortured to death, 14 practitioners suffered mental trauma, and countless practitioners became disabled at the labor camp. Because of the strict information blockade, only a few cases have been reported.

(1) Cases of Shijiazhuang City's Forced Labor Camp personnel killing or murdering Falun Gong Practitioners under the persecution

Under personal instigation by enforcers from the Hebei Province 610 Office, Shijiazhuang City's Forced Labor Camp perpetrators implemented violent brainwashing of Falun Gong practitioners. Their methods include sleep deprivation of several days' duration, extended physical punishment, beating practitioners with rubber clubs, shocking practitioners with electric batons, and hanging practitioners by their handcuffs. According to already disclosed information, eight Falun Gong practitioners have been tortured to death. Four of them died in the No. 2 Division of the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. At present, more than twenty practitioners are still illegally detained in the No. 2 Division, and their condition is of utmost concern.

All of these cases share a common feature, that the people in authority at the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp have tortured practitioners to the point of becoming handicapped or mentally traumatized, even critically ill. In order to cover up their crimes and shirk responsibility, the labor camp authorities released these practitioners on bail for medical treatment, essentially putting the responsibility on the family members. If the camp authorities could not get away with that, they transferred the practitioners to other places to be further imprisoned and abused. These practitioners left the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp to die. Among all these practitioners, only one was over 60 years old. All the others were still young. Because the persecution still continues, and information is blocked, exactly how many practitioners were killed is still not known.

Primary perpetrators:
Zhao Yunlong, head of the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp, in charge of Falun Gong persecution
Wu Yuliang, former head of the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp
Wang Bingfang, former political head
Zhang Guojun, head of Hebei Province's 610 Office, now called "Hebei Province Office to Prevent and Deal With Evil Cult Issues"
Wang Yongzhi, former head of Hebei Province's 610 Office

The following are eight death cases of practitioners along with a list of names of those who are personally responsible for the outrage.

1. Mr. Tao Hongsheng, 46, used to work at the No. 4 Division of the Hebei Provincial Security Department and was in charge of entry and exit visas. He was a section chief. His home address was: No. 501, 2nd Section, 2nd Building, Hebei Provincial Security Department residential area. The home phone was 86-311-361-8132.

Tao Hongsheng was tortured to death in September 2000 by someone in the No. 201 Team, No. 2 Division in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. Some of those who were personally responsible for his death are: No. 2 Division Chief, Zhao Zhiqian, No. 2 Division Deputy Chief, Li Jinsheng, Political Head, Shi Jianzhong. The murderer is Yuan Shuqian. We are still investigating more names of people who were involved.

On December 25, 1999, Tao went to Tiananmen Square and spread a banner that said, "Falun Fofa." [Falun Buddha Law] Shortly thereafter, Tao was discharged from his job, expelled from the Communist Party and illegally sentenced to a three-year forced re-education through labor-term in the No. 201 Team, No. 2 Division at Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. During this time he was locked inside a small cell for as long as two months (which means that one totally loses one's freedom and free space).

Conditions at the labor camp are extremely harsh. The sanitation and food is extremely poor. The food is always mildewed and rotten, and sometimes bugs over one inch in length could be found in the food. At the end of August 2000, many practitioners had diarrhea for unknown reasons. This situation lasted for over a month. Tao also suffered from daily diarrhea and eventually had blood in his stool. For nearly 20 days he was not able to eat, and had to stay in bed. He had difficulty breathing, and as mentioned, suffered from diarrhea and dropsy.

The labor camp, however, not only refused to release him, but delayed medical treatment. They also covered up the actual circumstances and refused to let his family members visit him. When Tao's physical condition was deteriorating daily, only then did the forced labor camp send him to a hospital. Hebei's Security Bureau, the forced labor camp, and the hospital implemented 24-hour monitoring. They blocked any information about Tao. To avoid taking responsibility for allowing this to happen, the camp supervisors permitted Tao to be released on medical bail, to make the family members assume responsibility for his recovery. Tao passed away on September 20, 2000. This was a mere six months since his incarceration in the forced labor camp. Since Tao's death, his wife and daughter have lived a miserable life.

2. Mr. Wei Chaozong was in his 40's, and was from Suning County, Cangzhou City, Hebei Province.

Wei was tortured to death in August 2002, by persons from the No. 202 Team, No. 2 Division. Some of the responsible persons are: No. 2 Division Chief, Zhao Zhiqian, Deputy Chief, Li Jinsheng, Political Head, Shi Jianzhong. The murderers are No. 202 Team Chief, Bian Shuqiang, Dong Xinguo, and Zhang Li.

On May 1, 2002, Wei was abducted and taken to the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp where he suffered from brutal persecution. Merely three months later he passed away.

Before being sent to the forced labor camp, Wei Chaozong suffered many rounds of gross abuse from enforcers at the Cangzhou City Police Department, a detention center, and some other places. On May 1, 2002, Wei was sent to the No. 2 Division of Shijiazhuang City's Forced Labor Camp. Wei persisted in his belief and refused to give in to the police. The police there implemented strict monitoring for him and arbitrarily forced him to remain immobile throughout the day. If he moved at all they physically assaulted him. The people who monitored him tortured him with various methods including punching, kicking and hanging him upside down. After three months of torture, he became so emaciated that his body looked severely deformed, and he appeared to be in serious danger of dying. Later, even the common criminals who closely monitored his behavior dared not be his "cangues." The evildoing guards in the No. 202 Team nevertheless continued to torture him until the prison doctor diagnosed Wei to be suffering from chest cavity hemorrhage, gastric hemorrhage, and stomach hemorrhage, and his life was in critical condition. To avoid taking the responsibility, the forced labor camp ordered his brother to take Wei home. After Wei went home he could not drink nor eat anything, and passed away on August 10, 2002.

This all happened within only three months. Wei's wife, Du Yuqin, was also sentenced to an eight-year prison term for practicing Falun Gong. The authorities would not let her come home temporarily to attend her husband's funeral and see Wei for the last time. Wei and his wife have two young daughters who have been deprived of their parents' care.

3. Mr. Zhang Jianxun, 64, was a retired worker from the Anping County Civil Administration Bureau, and lived in Houliuying Village, Anping County, Hebei Province. Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp enforcers tortured Mr. Zhang to death in June 2002.

Because he persisted in Falun Gong practice, Zhang was tortured several times. On May 17, 2001, local police took Zhang to the Shijianzhuang City Forced Labor Camp. Zhang was in good health when he arrived, but he suffered through all kinds of abuse and torture while he was held in the labor camp. While imprisoned there, Mr. Zhang was first put in the "strictly disciplined class," where he was forced to keep his head down when walking. He could not look around, neither could he raise his head, or he would receive brutal beatings by the common criminals who acted as class heads. Every day he had to get up at 6:00 o'clock in the morning. He was then was forced to squat facing a wall. The "strictly disciplined class" also forced him to work nearly 20 hours per day. After several days, he could no longer endure the hard labor, and often stumbled, and could not easily get up. Seeing he could no longer work, the police then transferred him from the No. 3 Team to a different unit.

Because he firmly believed that following "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," to be a good person was right, he refused to write the "Guarantee Statement." Guards in the No. 2 Team deprived him of sleep and tortured him around the clock, after which he lost his memory and could not speak. The doctors diagnosed him as having suffered a stroke. A healthy 64-year-old man was tortured to such an extent in just one month. He could no longer take care of himself. To avoid being responsible in case he died, the forced labor camp informed Zhang's family members, and released Mr. Zhang for medical treatment. The labor camp also extorted 240 yuan from the family.

When he returned he staggered while walking and two of his toenails had come off. There was a purple blister under his right thumbnail and he was in a state of trauma. He lost control of his bowels and bladder and could not get out of bed for two days after his release. He could not eat by himself or speak before he died from this injustice on June 13, 2002. He died in the hospital after emergency medical treatment failed.

4. Mr. Liu Erzeng, 40, was born on November 26, 1962 and was a resident of Zhongbailou Village, Chengguan Town, Pingshan County, Hebei Province. In August 2002 he died as a result of the torture he experienced in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp.

In early 2000, Liu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. He was arrested and detained for over two months. In June 2001, while he was staying at a fellow practitioner's home, he was abducted and taken to the Pingshan County Detention Center to be brainwashed. Later he was illegally sentenced to a three year term in a forced labor camp. During his incarceration in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp he was severely tortured. In May 2002, seeing that he was extremely weak, the labor camp released Liu in order to avoid responsibility. He died several months later.

5. Mr. Song Xingguo, 29, was a resident in Zhulikou Village, Tengzhuang Township, Huanghua City, Hebei Province.

Song Xingguo died from torture in November 2002 while he was incarcerated in the No. 304 Team of the No. 3 Division in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. Those directly responsible include Chen Jie, division head, No. 3 Division (later assigned to lead the No. 1 Division), perpetrators Wang Liqing, head of the No. 304 Team, political head Jiang Qingchun, policeman Du Yougui, and others.

Song Xingguo initially embraced Falun Dafa because of his poor health. At the age of 19, he suffered from severe tuberculosis, which remained incurable for a long time. He was very weak, had a poorly functioning immune system, and his survival depended on medication. After he practiced Falun Dafa, the disease that harassed him for seven years disappeared. Song Xingguo was a kind-natured person, and he became even more peaceful after he took up the practice. He was always kind to others and was very popular among relatives and colleagues.

In early November 2001, Song Xingguo was abducted by local police and taken to the No. 304 Team in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp, where he was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. In order to protest the brainwashing and persecution, he held a hunger strike. A group of criminals headed by Wang Liqing cuffed his hands and feet onto a bed frame and force-fed him. Song Guoxing once said that those criminals added a lot of salt to the milk powder, and even added things from the rubbish bin when they force fed him. While they force-fed him, they twisted his jaw until it became disjointed. The long-term torture bruised him all over his body and caused him to become emaciated. He has lost consciousness several times and was sent to a hospital for emergency treatment.

In November 2002, Song Xingguo became very weak after a year on his hunger strike. When the police saw that he was on the verge of death, instead of informing his family, they sent him to the Handan City Forced Labor Camp, which is even further away from his home. Eleven days later he died from torture in the camp at the age of only 29.

6. Ms. Xue Xia, 33, lived in Jiejiatun Village, Xingtai City, Hebei Province.

Xue Xia was twice illegally incarcerated in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. The torture caused her paralysis and mental trauma, and subsequent death in February 2003. The responsible persons include Zhao Zhiqian, head of the No. 2 Division, Li Jinsheng, deputy division head, political head Shi Jianzhong and others.

Xue Xia went to Beijing to appeal in January 2000, and was sentenced to three years of forced labor at the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp, where she was brutally beaten and was force-fed a so-called "brainwashing pill." After taking the pill she had allergic reactions, including diarrhea and vomiting. Later she became unconscious, and in May 2001, the enforcers at the labor camp had to allow her be bailed out for medical reasons. At the hospital, Xue Xia was diagnosed with diminished brain capacity. The doctor said this type of brain illness only happens to elderly people. Thanks to her mother's intensive care and resuming of her cultivation, Xue Xia gradually recovered. She could get out of bed and walk for a while, speak normally, and could take care of herself.

On September 27, 2002 she was again abducted and taken to the forced labor camp while she still had some difficulty walking. The labor camp again attempted to forcibly brainwash her. On November 15, 2002, Xue Xia had a relapse and became unconscious. On January 4, 2003, she was sent back to Xingtai City for medical treatment, where she passed away on February 21, 2003.

7. Ms. Wang Dongmei, in her 30's, was a schoolteacher in a town in Wuyi County, Hengshui City, Hebei Province.

In 2001, after Wang Dongmei was forced to attend a local brainwashing class, she was taken to the No. 5 Division at the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. There she suffered all kinds of physical and mental abuse, including rope torture, electric shock torture, sleep deprivation, and long periods of isolation. The guards used all kinds of cruel methods, but were unable to make her betray her belief. They then transferred her to a mental hospital to attempt to break her will and torture her with improperly administered psychotic drugs.

Later she was released on medical bail, after which people noticed that her mental state was poor. Her movements were slow, her speech was slurred and her reactions dull. Her memory was gone. When people asked why she had been sent to the mental hospital, she slowly replied that she knew nothing. When asked what she was doing in the hospital she replied slowly, "Take medicine and get shots." When asked if she was forced to take medicine and injections, she said, "Yes." Her arms still had the dark purple marks left by the rope torture. Wang Dongmei became mentally unbalanced from the drugs. She fell into a pond on March 12, 2004. Unable to save herself, she drowned.

8. Mr. Wang Hongbin, 39, graduated from the Changchun Post College, and was an engineer at the telephone equipment plant in Hebei Province.

Wang Hongbin was detained in teams No. 204 and No. 202 at the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp and died in October 2003 as the result of being persecuted. The responsible persons include the head of the No. 2 Division Zhao Zhiqian, deputy division head Li Jinsheng, political head Shi Jianzhong, head of the No. 204 Team Zhang Fujian, political head Yu and Ding, team leader Liu Bawu, head of the No. 202 Team Bian Shuqiang, political head Dong Xinguo, Zhang Li, and others.

While in the labor camp, Wang Hongbin suffered extremely cruel torture, both physical and mental in nature. Additionally, the quantity and quality of the food provided were extremely poor. Anything with even a tiny bit of oil would have to be bought for a high price. All detainees suffered from poor nutrition. They lost weight rapidly and most were in extremely poor health. Wang Hongbin had requested medial bail for a long time, but was denied until several months later. Eventually he could not eat anything because of a stomach problem. Only after that was he sent to the hospital for examination.

In November 2002 Wang Hongbin was released. By then he was already extremely weak. He often sweated, coughed uncontrollably, and he couldn't sleep. The tortures he endured had greatly traumatized him. His health deteriorated rapidly, and he passed away at 11:45 p.m. on October 9, 2003.

Wang Hongbin started to practice Falun Dafa in 1994. Ever since then he was always very healthy, did not have any illness and had a happy family. During the long-term mental trauma and physical torture, he has endured great horror, pressure, and pain, and died as the result of persecution.

The following are partial lists of employers and individuals in Hebei Province that have persecuted Falun Gong since 1999:

Hebei Province 610 Office
Also known as "the Provincial Office of Preventing and Managing Evil Cults,"
46 Weimingnan Street, Shijiazhuang City, Zip 050052
Zhang Guojun, head:
86-311-7906310 (Office)
86-311-7906898 (Home)
86-311-4595368 (his parents' home)
86-311-4599029 (home of his father-in-law, Shi Jutang)

Wang Yongzhi, the former head

Ji Tingyu, deputy head:
86-311-7908895 (Office)
86-311-7906889 (Home)

Wang Yongzhi, deputy head:
86-311-7908681 (Office)
86-311-7906766 (Home)
86-13931110731 (Cell)

Hebei Province Reeducation-through-labor Committee
36 North Youyi Street, Shijiazhuang City, Zip 050000
Political Committee: 86-311-8607844
Administration Section: 86-311-8607851
Li Jinke, bureau chief: 86-311-8607766
Sun Hai, bureau chief: 86-311-8607778 (Very evil. Sometimes after the 610 Office has agreed to release someone, he still does not approve.)
Hebei Province Bureau of Reeducation through Labor: 86-311-3634343
Zhu Qinghai, Shijiazhuang City's Judiciary Bureau chief: 86-311-7797764

Judiciary Office, concurrently the Management Committee of Reeducation-through-Labor in Hebei Province's Police Department: 86-311-3033941-2142

The Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp of Hebei Province
22 Beijiao Street, Shijiazhuang City. Zip 050051. Main switchboard 86-311-7754007
10 Beicheng Road, Shijiazhuang City. Zip 050000
Tel: 86-311-7767140, 86-311-7797124, 86-311-7797145
Director: 86-311-7754007 ext. 210
Political Head: 86-311-7754007 ext.101
Director Zhou: 86-311-7754007 ext. 318
Political Head Li Aiguo (One of the criminals that instigate the torture against Falun Gong practitioners): 86-311-7796666-65871
Deputy Director Zhao Yunlong (In charge of persecuting Falun Gong): 86-13930122752 (Cell)
Zhao, Administration Office head: 86-311-7754007 ext. 207
Cao Jun, from the Administration Office: 86-311-7754007 ext. 203
Wu Yuliang, the former director of the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp
Wang Bingfang, the former political head of the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp
Wang Jun: 7796666-60695 (pager)
Policewoman Wang Ying: 86-311-7754007 ext. 238
Policewoman Hao Yaping: 86-311-7754007 ext.325, 86-311-3995671 (Home)
Policewoman Wang Jiafeng, the culprit that tortures Falun Gong practitioners: 86-13933010125 (Cell), 86-311-96111-109088 (pager)

No. 1 Division
22 Beijiao Street, Shijiazhuang City.
Chen, Division Head: 86-311-7754007 ext. 276
Zhang Xuemin, Deputy Division Head, used to be head of Team 304, was promoted for persecuting Falun Gong
Jiao Jianchang, Division head
Tian, team head
Guards Yin Hanjiang, Zhang Jingtao, Wang Zhipu, Wang Fei, Zhang Lu, Liu Limin, Song Chao, and Zhao Tiesheng
Female Team: 86-311-7754007 ext. 290

No. 2 Division
North Zhaolingpu Village, Shijiazhuang City, Zip 050051
Main switchboard: 86-311-7777689, 86-311-7776345
Zhao Zhiqian, Division head: 86-311-7777689 ext. 628, 663
Li Jinsheng, Deputy Division head: 86-311-7777689 ext. 619, 86-311-7796666-60816 (pager)
Shi Jianzhong, Political head
Tian, Administration Section: 86-311-777689 ext. 619
Zhao Qiuliang, Outpost Section: 86-311-7777689 ext. 618
Transforming Office: 86-311-7777689 ext. 633
Dormitory: 86-311-7777689 ext. 631

Team 202
P.O. Box 132, Attn Team 202
22 Beijiao Street, Shijiazhuang City, Zip 050012
86-311-777689 ext. 634, 633
Bian Shuqiang, Team head, badge number 1342428, 86-13603113288 (Cell)
Zhang Li, badge number 1342352, 86-13932199787 (Cell)
Dong Zhiguo, badge number 1342330, 86-311-7777689 ext. 633
Li Zhefeng
Ding Lizhe
Zhao, Team 204: 86-311-7777689 ext. 635
Other police from No. 2 Division: Sun Sanping (female), Song Jing (female), Zhao Yuzhen (female), Lin Chaoan (female), Zhi Jianying (female), Wang Jianguo, Zi Qiuying and Zhao Ming

No. 3 Division:
Division Head: Zhao Bin, Yang Guang
Team head of the No. 304 Team: Liu. (extremely evil, now retiring)
Former head of the No. 304 Team: Zhang Xuemin (later promoted to Deputy Division head of No. 1 Division)
Xu: Former deputy team head of 304 Team (later promoted to team head of No. 501 Team)
Gao: (later promoted to be deputy team head of No. 501 Team)
Yang: (stays in No. 304 Team)
Wang Liqing, Team head of the No. 304 Team, Jiang Chunqing, the political head, guard Du Yugui, Zhang Zhong and Yang Yuegang are in the No. 304 Team after it was reorganized. This is an extremely evil gang and brutally persecutes Falun Dafa practitioners.

No. 4 Division
8 South Gaoji Street. Shijiazhuang City, Zip 050061
86-311-7777689, 86-13011597691 (Cell), 86-13013230210 (Cell)
Shang Changming, former division head. Retired. He has done handfuls of crimes in persecuting Dafa practitioners. 86-13303040386 (Cell)
Li Yong, Division head
Zhang Shuangqin, Political head
Deputy Division head (female): 86-311-7793644, 86-311-7780336, 86-311-7777689 ext. 660, 86-13303219583
Chen Jiaguo and Li Weizhen, head of Administration Section: 86-311-7777689 ext. 663
Policeman Geng Xingjun, cruel roughneck
No. 1 Team: Wang Shumin, Song Jing, Ma Li, Deng Li, Meng Zhenju, Ci Huiying
No. 2 Team: Wang Huanfang, Wang Guifen, Wang Ruixiang, Team Head Hao, Team Head Nan: 86-311-7777689 ext. 666
No. 3 Team: Liu Xiumin, Liu Yuqing (Team Head), Liu Junling: 86-311-7777689 ext. 665
Affiliated Team: Li Zhenping: 86-311-7779557 (Home)
Office of the No. 3 Division: Section Chief Li Wenzhen, driver Geng Xingjun, Administration Section Chief Chen, Team Head Zhou and Division head Fu.

Guard Cui Yangang is in her 50's. She lives in the labor camp dormitory complex on Beicheng Road, Shijiazhuang City. She used to work as a policewoman in the No. 4 Division and was the main culprit in violently brainwashing Falun Gong practitioners in the labor camp. She has suffered retribution and developed an incurable disease. She is suffering extreme pain from the disease and relies on expensive medication to live. However, she does not repent for her evildoings and keeps doing evil in brainwashing centers including Hebei Capital Brainwashing Center, Hebei Province's Luquan City Brainwashing Center and every brainwashing center in Shijiazhuang City after retiring. Her number is 86-13014332747 (Cell).

Guard Qiao Xiaoxia, from the No. 2 Team of the No. 4 Division is one of the main culprits responsible for Falun Dafa practitioner Li Huiqi's handicapping tortures.
86-13013230210 (Cell), 86-311-7725760 (Home). She lives in the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp dormitory building.

No. 5 Division
86-311-7752350, 86-311-7753569, 86-311-7776422, 86-311-7763488, 86-311-7776421, 86-311-7752749
Division Office
Di Manli, Division Head, Wang Qinglin, Deputy Division Head, Section Chief Zhang (male), Section Chief Qi (male), Di Yunfei (section chief), Zhang Yueying (supervisor) and Gao Mingfang (supervisor)
Administration Section: 86-311-7754007 ext. 255

No. 1 Team
Xu Xiushu: Team head (previously Liu Zhiying)
Xu Xiaoguang (immediate team head), Gao Qingwen (male), Li Bin (male), Wang Xiu, Xu Xiaoguang, Bu Yunxi, Lu Hongguo, Luo Jianwei (extremely evil), Jiang Hong, Liu Wei (female) and Bai: 86-311-7754007 ext. 319

No. 2 Team
Luo Hongguo, Team Head, Li Ping, Wang Xiu, Chen Ping, Li Ping, Qi Hong (male, 86-311-7759464), Jia Jingnan, Jiang Hong, Du and Zhao: 86-311-7754007 ext. 324

No. 3 Team
Hao Yaping: 86-311-7754007 ext. 325, 86-311-3995671, 86-311-7754007 ext. 324

No. 4 Team:
Zhang, Team Head
The most evil police officers are: Li Ping (female, 40), Qi (Team head, male, in his 50's), Chen Ping (female, 38), Liu (Team head, female, 40), Li Bin (male, 35), Ni (Team head, female, in her 20's)
Zhang Fujian from the No. 4 Team.