Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

I Was Injected with Toxic Drugs and Brutally Tortured in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp

December 14, 2004 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner from Shandong Province

(Clearwisdom.net) I am Li Li, formerly from the New Times Business Office in Pingdu City. I began practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Since then, I adhered conscientiously to Dafa's standards. I always thought of others first before saying or doing anything. My family life became harmonious and I became a more conscientious employee. In July 1999, Jiang Zemin banned Falun Gong out of jealousy. Some of our local police officers have followed the Jiang regime's dictates in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners for selfish reasons, that is to gain fame and wealth. I'm sharing with you my story, as I want to expose their lies and unlawful activities.

During the almost five years of persecution I suffered, I not once forgot Teacher's words about "Not striking back when beaten and not swearing back when sworn at." No matter how they treated me, I have not once sworn at others or hit back.

In July 1999, we heard on television about the ban of Falun Gong. I went to the local government to clarify the truth of Falun Gong. The police department then pressured my employer, and I was consequently forced to resign. On July 23, because I practiced the exercises at Huitang Park, officers from the Liyuan local police station arrested me. I was illegally detained for 29 days, deprived of sleep, and my home was searched.

In October, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. I was arrested and taken to the Pingdu City Liaison Office in Beijing. A director general named Cui slapped my face and beat me for more than two hours. After that he handcuffed me to a radiator pipe for two days. I was then returned and detained at my office of employment for another three days. My husband asked the police department staff about the cause for my arrest. Instead of a response, policeman Yu Bin beat him mercilessly. I went to Beijing to appeal again in November 1999. I was arrested and taken to the Qingdao City, Beijing police department. I was cuffed to gymnastic equipment and tortured. I passed out twice, and slept on the floor that night. After I was sent back to Pingdu, policeman Shi Weibin from the Politics and Security Section deceived me into going to Tonghe Mental Hospital. There I suffered greatly for more than four months.

In the mental hospital, I was forcibly injected with unknown drugs day in and day out. I refused to take the medicine, so they had three strong male mental patients hold me to the ground while the medicine was forcibly injected into me. Afterwards, they pulled all my limbs and tied them to the four corners of a bed. They also forced me to sit on a chair, pulled my hands and feet to the back of the chair, pulled my head back by my hair and nose and forced water into my mouth. I could barely breathe. Yet, they did not care, and did not stop until I had almost suffocated. I went on a hunger strike to protest this unlawful treatment, and as a result was force-fed using tubes. They ordered four or five strong male patients to hold me down, and tightly hold my arms and legs, while a very wide, hard tube was inserted into my nose. They pulled the tube out and then proceeded to insert it again. If I did not eat one meal, they force-fed me. They tormented me even more cruelly by injecting me with unknown drugs that damage the central nerve system. After being forcibly injected, I lost control of myself. My mind was in a daze, my vision was clouded, and things seemed to be in slow motion. I could not speak clearly, saliva kept dribbling from my mouth, and I was drowsy at all times. Their intention was to stop Dafa practitioners from studying the Fa and make them lose their memories. For example, the nurse asked me to eat, I mechanically walked to the table, picked up a small spoon to eat, but I could not locate my mouth, and I was unable to distinguish between the eyes and the nose. At night, I got up to use the toilet, but I could not stand up. As soon as I moved, I fell to the ground. I climbed up and walked towards the toilet. It took a long time to walk down the short corridor. I hit the wall, fell down and crawled on. My head was often blue and purple. I arrived at the toilet with great difficulty, but I could not untie my waistband and stand steadily. I fell towards the toilet. I wanted to hold the water pipe and crawl back, but I was unable to control my hands. The pipe was in front of me. My hands went to the left side and then to the right side of the pipe. I could not grab the pipe. The feeling of losing control over my movements was very uncomfortable. When my family members saw me in such a demented state, they all cried. They tortured me like this for some time, and then stopped.

Pingdu City police officers attempted to force me to give up Dafa. They promised that I could leave the hospital if I renounced Falun Gong. I did not respond to them. Therefore, they tortured me with electric needles. They inserted two needles attached to an electric wire, one into my temple and one into my upper lip, and turned on the electricity. My whole head shook uncontrollably. My teeth hit each other and created the sound of "cluck-cluck." They feared leaving the evidence of broken teeth, so they put a comb into my mouth. A doctor named Jin threatened me by saying they would torture me with electric needles daily until I gave up the practice of Falun Gong. During that time, because they were unable to transform me, the police officers continued to harass my husband at work, and finally caused him to lose his job. My parents-in-law were frightened. Their blood pressure increased, and it was hard for them to take care of my two-year-old child. My husband came to the mental hospital and beat me. The suffering of my entire family reached its limits. After four months of torment, the hospital released me, but not before extorting nearly 5,000 yuan for medical expenses from my husband. Because of the evil persecution by the Jiang's regime, a very harmonious family could no longer live normally. After I returned home, my head felt extremely painful, as if it were about to explode, and I was continuously ill and could not sleep. I endured tremendous pain, but kept studying the Fa and practicing the exercises. Within a month I had completely recovered. (Note: Yu Guizhen, a practitioner from Dongge of Pingdu City was tortured to death just like this.)

In 2001, I was arrested for posting a sign saying "Falun Dafa is great" on a wall. I was held at the Taishan Road Police Station, and forced to sit on an iron chair for two days. They took three of us to the Chinese medicine hospital for a physical examination. Four young plainclothes policemen put me on an examination table, held my arms and legs, and used my clothes to cover my face and mouth, causing me to almost suffocate. Two female doctors then pulled off my pants in front of the four policemen for a gynecological examination. After this, I was taken back to Taishan Road Police Station. Two plainclothes officers forcibly took my fingerprints. On the same day, they took me to Qingdao City Dashan Detention Center. I held a hunger strike to protest the cruel persecution, and consequently, the police cuffed my hands and feet together. The prisoners called it "hook together." The handcuffs cut into my flesh, my hands swelled, and I was unable to bend my fingers. The other prisoners thought my hands would certainly be disabled. I had to crawl to the toilet. The police cuffed me like this for 20 days, and instigated the prisoners to beat and curse me. I went on a hunger strike for 20 days, and was then released unconditionally.

Within less than a month after returning home, the Taishan Road Police again arrested me, and took me to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp at Zibo. During the two years at Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, my suffering can only be described as a "living hell," without exaggeration.

I was detained with the No. 1 team. Because I refused to write the "Three Statements," they tormented me non-stop for 24 hours , and deprived me of sleep for over 20 days. When they found that I had become sleepy, they forced me to walk in the corridor, or pulled my eyelids, eyelashes, or pinched two of my fingers with all their strength. The pain was unbearable, and left me bruised and purple all over. My arms and neck looked just like the bamboo pens they used for writing words that attacked Teacher and Dafa. They wrote the words, erased them and wrote them again. To protest, I refused to take any food. As a result of this, five or six of them held me in a chair, pulled my hands and feet backwards, grabbed my hair, pulled my head back, and force-fed me. Afterwards, they did not pull out the tube, but fixed it to my head with tape, and cuffed my hands to the windows in the toilet. They refused to unlock me when I requested to use the toilet. My feet were too swollen to wear shoes, so I was barefoot at that time. My legs were so swollen that they dented when pressed. The guards handcuffed me and hung me up by the handcuffs for five days, threatening that I would have to bear extreme suffering if I did not transform. They injected me with an unknown drug, which made me extremely agitated. I could not sit or stand. I felt as if millions of ants were crawling in my veins. They forced me to stand continuously for at least 19 hours per day, and for up to 24 hours at times. For nearly a month, my legs and feet were unbearably painful. It was as if standing on a bed of knives. One time I was forced to stand for several days and nights. I became tired, full of pain, and sleepy. I fell down, and my back hit a piece of iron next to the bed. I almost fainted from the pain, but they thought it was funny and laughed wildly.

I was then forced to stand in an "arm corps" posture, and sit 24 hours a day for a long time. I was not allowed to move a bit, not even to eat while standing, and I was deprived of sleep. Even now there are two scars on my buttocks. The guards isolated me in a small cell for a long time. I was not allowed to wash myself, I did not have enough food, and I could not go out to use the toilet, so I had to relieve myself in the washbasin. The guards often beat, kicked, slapped, and swore at me. They hit my head with the shovel handle, and often threatened that they would use electric batons. When I first arrived at the Wang Village Forced Labor Camp, I saw that some practitioners' faces were blue and purple, which had been caused by electric shocks. Their appearance was terrible to look at. They looked hideous. The skin on their legs had been burned from being shocked with an electric baton, and the wounds continuously discharged pus.

While I was detained in the forced labor camp, the guards not only persecuted me, but also persecuted my family. They often made harassing phone calls to my parents and parents-in-law, and threatened them. They wanted their help to "transform" me. My parents were so frightened that they did not dare pick up the phone. Once female guard, Shi Cuihua, called my husband, and forced him to persuade me. She told my husband, "She can't come home if she does not transform, what's the use of having such a wife." Upon seeing that my husband could not persuade me, Shi Cuihua kicked my husband out of the forced labor camp at 9:00 p.m. There was no hotel nearby, so my husband had to stay outdoors in an inhospitable place. He was froze the entire night.

Pingdu City police officers intermittently extorted money from my husband using the excuse of requiring educational fees. (Because I went to Beijing to appeal, I only received 1,000 yuan from a 10,000 yuan bonus and interest from my workplace). My husband could not bear the compounded mental and financial pressure, so he divorced me in 2002. My relatives were not willing to be implicated any longer, so they did not dare to contact me. Now I am homeless and destitute. I am a Falun Gong practitioner who believes in the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," and strives to be a good person, but I am cruelly persecuted by Jiang's regime. What I wrote is only a small portion of what I had to endure. I am unable to express the actual suffering and pain that my family and I have suffered.

Wangcun Forced Labor Camp does not spare any inhuman means to transform Falun Gong practitioners. Some older practitioners, between the ages 40 and 50, were deprived of sleep for three to four months. Four or five depraved people held down practitioners' hands and feet, and forced the practitioner to sit crossed leg for 24 hours. The painful crying and moaning from torture could often be heard continuously for several days. Other practitioners told me about the following cruel torture methods used on them by the local guards:

So-called "Watching TV": In this torture, the guards force Falun Gong practitioners to kneel next to the toilet, press their heads into the pit and have them look at the feces for two to three hours.

Riding an airplane: In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point behind the back. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position looks like the shape of an airplane, which is how this torture was named.

Kneeling on the bricks: In this torture, guards force practitioners to kneel on three bricks, put more bricks on the feet, carry bricks on their backs and hold bricks on their heads for four to five hours. The guards do not allow practitioners to turn around. Even ladies 40 to 50 years old were not spared.